PDA

View Full Version : FFVII (of course) Disk change question

.:kerrod:.
01-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Yo, 'sup everyone? Anyway, i was wondering, you know when you are told by the game to change disks (and it allows you to save beforehand), can you turn your console off, change the disks, then load that profile? Or will it ask you to insert the first disk again and THEN change when prompted?

I realise this may be a bit confusing :p, but just ask and i'll clarify it.

Kanshisha
01-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Hmm...well you try it.. i haven't tried that..

01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
yeh, i wanted to try it, but on ffvii, im finished, and on ffviii, im on the third disk and going sh*t (i havent played it in AGES), and im a long way away from the fourth disk, so i was just wondering if anybody had tried it?

Sain Cai
01-19-2007, 09:41 AM
I think I know what you mean, like if you were going on disk 3 , youjust pop in 3 and play? If so this worked on Legend of Dragooon for me, so I see why it wouldnt for FF7

Meat Puppet
01-19-2007, 10:44 AM
It worked for me, but I only have the PC version of FFVII so this might not be of any help. I imagine that if it saves before going to that screen (it did on my version), then you should be able to power the console down, switch the CDs, and then load your profile. I can’t be 100% sure, though; it has been many years since I played FFVII on the Playstation.

01-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes, that's what i was thinking ^^^ but it may just need that little bit of info from the previous disk to load

blackmage_nuke
01-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Yes it works. I assume you mean you save, turn off the console, change disks, then load. If so it works. Infact that is the only way it would work for me for some reason (ie. It didnt work when I changed disks while my ps2 was still in on)
I would assume it is the same for a ps1 but I never got to the first disc change when i had my ps1

-

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-19-2007, 02:59 PM
i wud hav thought that it would simply prompt you to change the disk.

however this breeds a new question, say i were to save just before changing to disk 3 and then turn off the computer. if i insert disc 3 on reload, will it prompt me to insert disc 2, only to prompt me to insert disk 3? curious . . .

TheSpoonyBard
01-19-2007, 05:52 PM
If you choose to save when prompted to change discs, you will be able to load that file on the later disc, e.g. if you finish disc 1, save, then turn off the console, you can start up again on disc 2.

When you save at a disc change in FFVIII and FFIX, the disc number is displayed on the save file, so it's easier to tell.

01-19-2007, 10:48 PM
i wud hav thought that it would simply prompt you to change the disk.

however this breeds a new question, say i were to save just before changing to disk 3 and then turn off the computer. if i insert disc 3 on reload, will it prompt me to insert disc 2, only to prompt me to insert disk 3? curious . . .

erm. thats exactly what i was asking in the first place, only i was talking about the ps1

Edge7
01-20-2007, 02:09 PM
(ie. It didnt work when I changed disks while my ps2 was still in on)
-
Really:confused: , It worked for me. Maybe it's 'cause I have the smaller PS2 so (I could pop open the lid like a normal PS1)

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
01-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, If you save when it asks and then turn of the consel. Then put the next disk in then it will continue on the new disk

http://bonusweb.idnes.cz/obrazek/sephiroth_2.jpg

RyanML
01-27-2007, 01:54 PM
i cant quite remember about FFVII but on 8, when it prompts you to save it says on the save 'start of disk 3' or somthing like that, so if you turn it off by there you just chuck in disk 3 and off you go.

No.78
01-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Why do you want to know?

Kenji Longaway
01-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I have tried everything from the debug room, to putting in inproper discs at the incorrect time to see if I could get ahead early in the game.
Anytime you save, and you turn off the game, and you reinsert the same disc you were on, it will ask you to place in the proceeding disc as soon as the title screen appears.
Lets say you finished disc one, alright? Then you slip in disc three? It will ask you to place disc two in it's place. Thats how it works. I know you didn't ask that last part, but I thought I would tell you.

01-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Why do you want to know?

well, let not get into that just now, shall we ;) lets just say it involves my psp (if you REALLY want details you can pm me or email me, however, i dont see that you would really want to :))