PDA

View Full Version : This is what the 5th Anniversary Ciddies have done to me

agrudis
01-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I recently searched 'agrudis' on EoFF, and one of the results was '5th Anniversary Ciddies - Finalists Revealed - Vote now!' I saw that I'd been nominated for '47) Not be able to get their fingers out of a finger trap'.

I only got one nomination, though, and didn't win (at least I think that's how it works). So, to show I deserved more nominations for it, I got a finger trap off eBay. It was fun for, say, five minutes, but now I am genuinely stuck.

You people did this to me!!!

Oh, and if you know how to get out of a finger trap, please tell me.

Jowy
01-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Push it towards you and then pull it off.

Or just, y'know, cut it off since it's made of paper and all.

Christmas
01-19-2007, 04:33 PM
CHOP YOUR FINGERS OFF? :bigsmile:

agrudis
01-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Didn't work

Jowy
01-19-2007, 04:35 PM
If you can't slice something made of paper with scissors, I suggest repeating Kindergarten.

Quindiana Jones
01-19-2007, 04:41 PM
I always assumed "finger trap" meant "mouse trap". I didn't know that award was for the paper finger trap thingy. It makes slightly more sense now.

agrudis
01-19-2007, 04:43 PM
It's not made of paper, it's more... plasticky ... and I am not cutting it

Quindiana Jones
01-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Then you'll have to use Christmas' advice.

Bunny
01-19-2007, 05:11 PM
If television has taught me anything, the only way to get a finger trap off is to track down an ancient Chinese medicine man. These are usually found in your local China Town in the back of a really dark and scary alley. Upon meeting him, you will have to completely three seperate missions of great (and seemingly unimportant) importance. Once you complete these missions, you will return to him and he will explain to you in great detail how to remove the finger trap.

You will then have to fight him to the death.

Owen Macwere
01-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, say good bye to your finger. :bigsmile:

DK
01-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Eric you are so stupid, how are you supposed to use scissors with your fingers in a trap? Maybe YOU should repeat kindergarten WITH YOUR FINGERS IN A TRAP AND SEE IF YOU CAN CUT THINGS :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Jowy
01-19-2007, 05:34 PM
It can be done with either assistance from another person, or by operating the scissors with your mouth/feet/telekinesis.

:monster:

editga: Go pick up some KY, throw it on the plastic and it'll slide right out.

Chemical
01-19-2007, 06:22 PM
ARGgggggggggggggg

RIP CIDDIES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

DK
01-19-2007, 06:31 PM
operating the scissors with your mouth

If you can do this you could make a hell of a living as a gigolo :monster:

Cz
01-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Fantastic. :cool:

Bunny
01-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Wouldn't a gigolo rely on the dexterity and manuverability of his tongue as opposed to how wide it can open up?

Unless you are a gay gigolo.. I guess.

DK
01-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Well I'm basing this on the idea that he has to manipulate the scissors somehow to actually make them cut as well as holding them in his mouth. :smash:

agrudis
01-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Can we get back on track? I'm still stuck.

Jowy
01-19-2007, 06:56 PM
If they're small enough you could fit the handle right in and pucker your lips to snip them.

How can you type if you're stuck?

agrudis
01-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Only two of my fingers are stuck ... and destroying this wonderful toy is not something I'm willing to do

Flying Mullet
01-19-2007, 06:59 PM

Wouldn't a gigolo rely on the dexterity and manuverability of his tongue as opposed to how wide it can open up?

Apparently you've never been gigolo'd. :jokey:

Psychotic
01-19-2007, 07:06 PM
I think you should ask for advice on a Final Fantasy forum. Those guys always know how to deal with stuff like this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_finger_trap).

Jowy
01-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey, I offered suggestions. He's just doing it wrong. :aimkiss:

agrudis
01-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Psychotic helped me out ... I'm free now!!! Yay!!

I can't believe the person who helped me out got more nominations than I did. I think some people should reconsider their voting.

Cz
01-19-2007, 07:18 PM
He's an expert in these matters, though. He's got more than his finger stuck in there before.

Breine
01-19-2007, 07:19 PM
This thread is rather strange... :monkey:

Psychotic
01-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I can't believe the person who helped me out got more nominations than I did. I think some people should reconsider their voting.Quite right. If I had the power to, I'd change the results. Oh, hang on a minute...by the power of Grayskull...I HAVE THE POWER! I hereby make the following alterations to the Ciddies results:

The winner of Most Likely to Get Their Fingers Stuck in a Chinese Finger Trap is now agrudis.

This means that Christmas's record breaking 50 Ciddie haul has now been reduced to a pathetic 49 Ciddie haul. Sorry Becky, but that's showbiz. :greenie:

Dreddz
01-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Bacon grease.

DK
01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
He's an expert in these matters, though. He's got more than his finger stuck in there before.

He's got his finger stuck in other places as well. :rolleyes2

Cz
01-19-2007, 07:28 PM

He's got his finger stuck in other places as well. :rolleyes2At the same time? :O_O:

Flying Mullet
01-19-2007, 07:29 PM
The best gigolos can multi-task.

DK
01-19-2007, 07:31 PM

He's got his finger stuck in other places as well. :rolleyes2At the same time? :O_O:

Yes, it was rather unfortunate. Imagine the face of the poor soul who found him :laugh:

Bunny
01-19-2007, 07:34 PM

Apparently you've never been gigolo'd. :jokey:

Teach me your ways, O Great Mullet of Flight.

Cz
01-19-2007, 07:37 PM

Yes, it was rather unfortunate. Imagine the face of the poor soul who found him :laugh:I think he wanted to be found. It's the look of disgust on the face of his discoverer that offers the thrill.

fire_of_avalon
01-19-2007, 10:05 PM
All of you people are stupid. How could he type if his fingers were in a finger trap? I can't believe I'm friends with you guys.

Jowy
01-19-2007, 10:16 PM
I ALREADY POINTED THAT OUT BUT THEY ALL IGNORED ME. :monster:

Flying Mullet
01-19-2007, 10:21 PM
foa's just jealous.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-19-2007, 11:24 PM
If television has taught me anything, the only way to get a finger trap off is to track down an ancient Chinese medicine man. These are usually found in your local China Town in the back of a really dark and scary alley. Upon meeting him, you will have to completely three seperate missions of great (and seemingly unimportant) importance. Once you complete these missions, you will return to him and he will explain to you in great detail how to remove the finger trap.

Dexter's Laboratory?

DK
01-19-2007, 11:25 PM
You only need one finger to type Megan you poo :mad2: Finger traps generally only take TWO FINGERS.

Bunny
01-19-2007, 11:37 PM

Dexter's Laboratory?

Maybe. I haven't seen that show in forever. The situation did seem pretty familar, as if I had seen it somewhere. But I couldn't remember where it was from.

P.S. SOME PEOPLE CAN TYPE WITH THEIR NOSE AND OTHER BODY PARTS JEEZ

Jessweeee♪
01-20-2007, 03:51 AM

I miss Dexter's Lab :kaocry2:

You just pinch the trap with your other fingers, and squish it together to make the ends wider, then just slide out your fingers.

It must be hard typing like that :P

~*~Celes~*~
01-20-2007, 03:55 AM

XD I saw that episode and I lol'd!

Christmas
01-20-2007, 04:47 AM
Wait till you people see SEPHIROTHISHERE's reply.

Quindiana Jones
01-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Meercats or mere cats?

Captain Maxx Power
01-20-2007, 04:59 PM
The only way out of a fingertrap is to accept the fact that you are stuck in a fingertrap. After two or three years the trap may decide to let go, provided you ignore it for long enough.