PDA

View Full Version : 1 Child Hood Memory

Chemical
01-19-2007, 06:30 PM
I remember as a child running down the street, my bare feet smacking against the hot pavement as I stared straight up into the sun with a big smile on my face because I really thought the sun was a person that loved me and I wanted it to see me and kiss it. I believed this because I was upset about having freckles and my mother told me that every freckle was a kiss from the sun and that the sun must love me very much. And I wanted to love it back.

Bunny
01-19-2007, 06:32 PM
I remember as a child running into a large bush in order to complete a catch for a touchdown that won the game for my time. Only to run out covered in a load of spiders because that god forsaken bush was spider paradise.

I remember cracking my head open three different times and forgetting how in the world I managed to crack my head open a fourth time and not remember it. (Rock dropped on my head from a good 10+ feet; got hit by a bike my brother was riding going over the top and landing on the ground unconscious; and rocking back and forth on a chair and falling backwards onto the edge of a glass case)

I remember writing poetry and love letters to a girl I was absolutely smitten with from kindergarten to the end of third grade. I still remember her name.

Oops, I did three. Is that okay?

LunarWeaver
01-19-2007, 06:34 PM
I remember always trying to swing so high I'd go completely over the bar and loop around, but I always wussed out and slowed down before I got too high.

Bunny
01-19-2007, 06:35 PM
I remember always trying to swing so high I'd go completely over the bar and loop around, but I always wussed out and slowed down before I got too high.

Oh man, the horror stories people used to tell about what would happen if you ever did that. My favorite was the one that went around about how if you did it you just disappeared. And Johnny Noname actually did. And he was never heard from again.

God I had nightmares for weeks.

I am going to fail this thread so hard.

I Took the Red Pill
01-19-2007, 08:31 PM
I remember making blanket/pillow forts (http://youtube.com/watch?v=5bPThjZB4XY) with my little brother and hanging out in there for hours, then later playing "the floor is made of lava".

oddler
01-19-2007, 08:39 PM
I remember playing a lot of Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse. :p

Owen Macwere
01-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I remember running out of the house when I was 5, it was fun. I managed to go to the market and back again to my house, I wanted to buy babies piano. :D Which was blue with three small legs. Then after I got home dirty and scratched my mother took me back and bought it for me. I think that was the first time I managed to escape punishment. :D

Zeldy
01-19-2007, 09:17 PM
I have a head like a sieve. I dont remember much from my childhood, only what Ive been told.

Oh, I remember being obsessed with Woodlice, and creating a home for them in a frisby. I filled it with Mud and leaves, but they always got away :{

Chloe.
01-19-2007, 09:57 PM
I remember going to Mr. Blobby Land. :bigsmile:

BizarroSephiroth
01-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I remember falling in a toilet when i was 5! :grover:

Oopsie poopsie!

fire_of_avalon
01-19-2007, 10:00 PM
One of my favorite memories is sitting in a crook of branches in a chestnut tree during a mild summer storm. There was no one else outside but me, and there were very few cars going up and down the road. For about half an hour, it was just very peaceful and very pretty.

I also remember playing hide and seek in the dark where we used to live. We'd wait for a pitch black, new moon night, then after the adults went to sleep we'd play for hours, falling over one another, falling over banks.

vorpal blade
01-19-2007, 10:07 PM
In ages past, I remember not knowing that there were more FF games than FFVII. Despite the number VII. Just never occured to me 'till I saw FFIX.

Mikztsu
01-19-2007, 11:05 PM
I remember peeing on my little brother's stuffed Turtles ( TMNT) toys, his turtles cap and after that putting them in the oven.

What the hells was I thinking!

Ichimonji
01-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I was part of a group similar to the Midnight Society from Are You Afraid of the Dark, except we actually went around and did stuff. We would take our flashlights and investigate spooky areas of the street where we all lived.

Vikeve
01-19-2007, 11:15 PM
I remember making up a game called beelings with some of my friends that game was the best game ever!

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-19-2007, 11:21 PM
I had a irrational fear of butterflies as a child...

Also, I remember playing hide and go seek in my backyard at night. The thing is, my backyard is filled with tractors, heavy machinery, vehicles and the likes, so there was always places to hide, more so in the night. We always played hide and go seek tag and were not allowed to lock yourself inside a car (i.e. we could not lock the doors). Man, those were awesome times.

Reles
01-19-2007, 11:26 PM
I used to go to this babysitter, who babysat probably ten kids everyday. We were all playing this game where we'd make fake fast food out of mud, then some of us would go into this small shed and order at the shed window. So I come around the shed in my three-wheeler and poke my head through the window, only to my surprise I got smacked in the face by some pre-schooler. The babysitter then dealt with this in the most 'mature' of ways and said "Hit him back!!" I of course shook my head and when I did, my other pre-schooler friend Ashley hit him for me.

Then the time where my mother took me out to feed the ducks by the pond. We grabbed a couple of slices of bread and I put on my pretty pink dress. She grabbed my by the hand and we proceeded towards the pond. My mother advised me to throw the bread out towards some of the ducks and I had a hard time for some reason, so the duck noticed my slice of bread and waddled right up to me. It then stuck it's head up my pretty pink dress and I screamed bloody murder.

Martyr
01-20-2007, 01:32 AM
I thought these were Child "Hood" memories. Like, back when I was 5, me and the boys patrolled the nbeighborhood, and when whiney Chucky came along on his tricycle, he wit him up for the cash he owed us from last night.
Well, him and his girls put up a fight. One damn ho was hidin in a tree right behind me, fired a slingshot what got Jesse, and then it was a scuffle until I busted a cap in Chucky's ear. He was deaf for days, runnin' away from us. We took his trike for restitution and put girly to work in the red wagon district.

Ah yeah, those were fun times, they were.

Araciel
01-20-2007, 01:36 AM
being in the hospital..in an oxygen tent

Vikeve
01-20-2007, 01:58 AM
I had a irrational fear of butterflies as a child...

Thats funny I used to chase after butterflies at my old school and yell, "your cheating" when they flew over the fence. Heck i still do that sometimes its great. I don't think I can catch them like I used to.

I used to go to this babysitter, who babysat probably ten kids everyday. We were all playing this game where we'd make fake fast food out of mud, then some of us would go into this small shed and order at the shed window. So I come around the shed in my three-wheeler and poke my head through the window, only to my surprise I got smacked in the face by some pre-schooler. The babysitter then dealt with this in the most 'mature' of ways and said "Hit him back!!" I of course shook my head and when I did, my other pre-schooler friend Ashley hit him for me.

Thats pretty funny my mother was telling me about how she heard a teacher say, "you know I'm tired of you complaing he bothering you go ahead hit him..... No harder" and my Mom thinks thats so funny how she would say that. I wish I had a teacher who said that when I was younge.:) I do remember how I had my favorite babysitter ever who was so nice to me and she had the same exact name as me too.:)

Meat Puppet
01-20-2007, 02:44 AM
My brother and I used to stand on either side of a window in a dog house, and bang on it. I don’t know why we started to do that, but we got in a lot of trouble for it, so we kept doing it. One day the window broke, and my brother got pretty cut up; he had to get stitches on his face, in his mouth, on his hands, on his arms, and probably in some other places. Best part about it was that I got away without getting a scratch.

Odaisé Gaelach
01-20-2007, 03:39 AM
Getting lost at Dublin Airport. I was three.

Christmas
01-20-2007, 03:58 AM
I MET MY FAIRY GOD MOTHER AND WE WENT TO FAIRYLAND TOGETHER. :bigsmile:

Ki Ki
01-20-2007, 04:02 AM
:jokey:
Can I go back to the past and join you?

black orb
01-20-2007, 05:39 AM
>>> I remember freezing bugs in bottles, i was 6 or something..

No.78
01-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Hmmm... I fractured my skull when I was five, I was chasing some random girl over these stoopid wooden posts and slipped and my head fell between them, SNAP. Yeah.
I had a captain scarlet uniform for my 5th birthday!!!

Citizen Bleys
01-21-2007, 06:49 AM
You know the old game "spitting off of the overpass?"

Replace "spitting" with "urinating."

Yamaneko
01-21-2007, 06:53 AM
When I was fifteen I remember Bleys telling me about the time he pissed in a litter box.

Raistlin
01-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Really? When I wasn't much older I remember Bleys telling me about pissing on his cat's head. What does he have against cats?

StarlightAngel
01-21-2007, 07:01 AM
I remember... hm. Playing in forts made in the guest bedroom? Watching 'Void play video games into the wee hours of the morning?

DarkLadyNyara
01-21-2007, 08:00 AM
I remember falling headfirst out of an olive tree... not fun... really not fun...

fantasyjunkie
01-21-2007, 09:20 AM
My earliest memory was when I was a wee lad knee high to a grass hopper and sticking my finger in a light socket :(

Citizen Bleys
01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Really? When I wasn't much older I remember Bleys telling me about pissing on his cat's head. What does he have against cats?

It was an accident!

Rosenti
01-22-2007, 10:54 AM
All i remeber is being beaten...
i Have only very few good memories.. But im a good person! Kind of.. Heh

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Childhood memories? uh...reading...,reading...,more reading..., yup.. just reading...