PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Universe, Joy!

oddler
01-20-2007, 02:23 AM
In about one week I will be playing some good old Phantasy Star!

The main reason I started this thread was to get a list of people that play so we could team up in-game. Just list your character's name and where you can usually be found.

I'll undoubtably be called Oddler. See you around. :)

Erdrick Holmes
01-20-2007, 04:40 AM
I don't play online yet but the single player campaign makes my pants feel all tingly.

ljkkjlcm9
01-20-2007, 05:00 AM
My main character is currently a level 60 Male Beast named Jack-el (without the dash)

PM me sometime and we can meet up

THE JACKEL

oddler
01-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Joel, what the EoFF are you waiting for?

Yes, I'll send you a message as soon as I get set. Thanks.

Captain Maxx Power
01-20-2007, 07:51 PM
From what I've heard this game is getting very poor reviews pretty much all-round.

ljkkjlcm9
01-20-2007, 07:56 PM
From what I've heard this game is getting very poor reviews pretty much all-round.

And from what I've read, the reviews are from when there were like... 4 missions to do, one planet not open, no advanced classes, level 50 max, 5* weapon max, not every weapon type available and far from any special moves available.

Now, there are tons of missions, not exactly sure how many, and more coming soon, ie friday. Every planet open, all the advanced classes, level 70 max, 10* weapons available, though very rare, every weapon type, and more special moves than you know what to do with. You can have up to 32 special moves/spells or whatever, and I have to choose which ones to learn because there are so many available to me.

The reviews were when it was basically still a demo, now, it's becoming a full game. There are even online story missions for after you beat offline story mode, to continue with it.

THE JACKEL

Erdrick Holmes
01-21-2007, 06:55 AM

Game reviews are lame, dumb, and idiotic. They give games like GTA good reviews, yet good games like this bad reviews.

Joel, what the EoFF are you waiting for?

Give me a network adapter for my PS2 then. :p

oddler
01-22-2007, 01:40 AM
Hmm. Can't help you there, although I do have one, I mean two, for my GameCube. Pfft.

Is there a limit on where you can party or who you can party with? Say, I'm level 1. Can I party with level 10s or higher in later zones?
Just wondering. I'm used to FFXI where you have to stay within 2 levels of your party. :p

ljkkjlcm9
01-22-2007, 02:17 AM
You can party with anyone. A level 70 can party with a level 1. However, certian missions have level requirements, so you can only do the missions of the lowest leveled person. Missions follow eachother, with field bases between them. Some of the missions after that original missions have a lowest level requirement for the basic one, not many of them though, and that's for your own good, or you'd get your arse handed to you. And just because it says a level 10 can do an area, or no level requirement, doesn't mean they really can...

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
01-22-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't play it very often, but when I do I'm known as Fortissimo. I'm level 10 or 11, can't remember, but when you get on I can probably play with you now and then.

It hasn't really hooked me, but I might as well play it now and then until my days run out.