PDA

View Full Version : Where might one be able to get a new Wii Sensor Bar?

KentaRawr!
01-20-2007, 02:57 PM
So, the part of my Wii Sensor Bar that connects to the Wii broke off, and for a while now, I've been using candles. My candles are fresh out of wax now, so I figured it's time to start looking around for a new Wii Sensor bar, or a way to fix my old one, which I think should be fairly easy, since it's just a power cable.

Anyway, if you were in my situation, what would you do? And do you know any stores in the Englewood Area of Ohio that might have a sensor bar?

I've heard of a Wireless Sensor Bar by Nyko, and I was wondering when that's supposed to come out, too. Is it battery powered, like the home-made design which was posted here a while back? Or does it sit on a charger for a while?

Thanks in advance to those who help.

I Took the Red Pill
01-20-2007, 03:35 PM
If you want to go the online route, you can get it directly from Nintendo (http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?lastAction=setCurr&jspStoreDir=NOASTORE&languageId=-1&catalogId=10001&categoryId=58403&productId=117713&currency=USD&storeId=10001&ddkey=SetCurrencyPreference).

Shoeberto
01-20-2007, 09:50 PM
They're supposed to be really simple to make, since they're just a set of IR LEDs. I don't know how expensive those are, but a wireless sensor bar would be pretty easy to make if you're adventurous.

I think I was just in Englewood last weekend, though (I can never figure out what Dayton suburb I'm in when I go there) and no store had any Wii accessories at all, save for a single used Wii controller sitting on a shelf behind the counter at a Funcoland. So online through the Nintendo store is likely your best bet if you just want to buy one.

escobert
01-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Damn, I was going to say use candles xD

Shlup
01-21-2007, 01:30 AM
You could use two remote controls, like the TV remote and the DVD remote.

Captain Maxx Power
01-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Fork handles.