PDA

View Full Version : Paragon...ugh...

Hambone
01-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Nobody posts on this forum anymore. Anyway, yeah. Paragon keeps beating me!

Yuna: Lv. 96

Gunner
Cat Nip
Crystal Bangle

Paine: Lv. 99

Dark Knight
Crystal Bangle
Kaiser Knuckles

Rikku: Lv. 99

Lady Luck
Champion Belt
Mythril Bangle

Tips? I'll do anything to change my characters except get the mascot dressphere or change everyone to a gunner and do 2 more new game plusses to get 2 more cat nips.

BG-57
01-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Have you tried taking on the Oversoul version of Paragon? He's a lot more passive.

Renmiri
01-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Get the Mascot Dressphere

Hambone
01-21-2007, 02:49 AM
Have you tried taking on the Oversoul version of Paragon? He's a lot more passive.

So I just need to defeat a lot of Omega Weapons in the Heart of the Farplane? What part of Paragon weakens it if it's oversouled?

Little Blue
01-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah, Omega / Ultima weapons, whichever suits you best :p

I think Paragon doesn't counter (or use devestating attacks) when oversouled, which makes it more friendly.

BG-57
01-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Yes, and he's slower. Plus you get plenty of time at the beginning to use Stamia Tonics (increase HP Limit), X-Potions (increase HP), and Soul Springs (reduce Paragon's MP). He'll just sit there for a few minutes if you don't attack him.

TheSpoonyBard
01-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Bribe him. 1 million gil should do it. Then you'll be in perfect health for Trema.

Hambone
01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Cool. Endless, what's the best way to get a million gil? I'm having Rikku learn gillionaire right now. Do I just keep fighting and selling stuff to get the rest?

SeeDRankLou
01-22-2007, 06:41 PM
You can beat Paragon before Paragon can even make a move. Here is how....

Have all the girls on one of the two garment grids that gives the First Strike ability (either High Road Winds or Mounted Assault). Put Dark Knight, Warrior, Gunner and something else on it, putting Dark Knight next to Warrior. Have Yuna as a Dark Knight, with a Speed Bracer. Have Rikku as a Warrior. Have Paine as a Gunner, in critical health, with the Cat Nip and Speed Bracer equipped. You can manually put her in critical health by equipping her with the Bloodlust and the Wring, and then unequipping them.

When the battle begins, all of the girls will go first, which means Yuna will have the first command, then Rikku, then Paine. Have Yuna perform Black Sky. Have Rikku attack. Have Paine perform Trigger Happy (level 3). If you are good with the R1 button, you can get about 20 hits in (if you don't have the Speed Bracer on, the most you can get is 12 hits). In the time it takes Rikku to attack and Paine to perform Trigger Happy, Yuna will be ready to perform Black Sky, which will take Paragon out, without Paragon having time to do anything.

You win.

jammi567
01-22-2007, 08:30 PM
no way! i should try that....if i ever reach him.

Cumulus Cloud
01-23-2007, 01:08 AM
gather up on those soul springs you'll need em if you want trema to stop spamming those damn spells

Hambone
01-23-2007, 05:27 AM
You can beat Paragon before Paragon can even make a move. Here is how....

Have all the girls on one of the two garment grids that gives the First Strike ability (either High Road Winds or Mounted Assault). Put Dark Knight, Warrior, Gunner and something else on it, putting Dark Knight next to Warrior. Have Yuna as a Dark Knight, with a Speed Bracer. Have Rikku as a Warrior. Have Paine as a Gunner, in critical health, with the Cat Nip and Speed Bracer equipped. You can manually put her in critical health by equipping her with the Bloodlust and the Wring, and then unequipping them.

When the battle begins, all of the girls will go first, which means Yuna will have the first command, then Rikku, then Paine. Have Yuna perform Black Sky. Have Rikku attack. Have Paine perform Trigger Happy (level 3). If you are good with the R1 button, you can get about 20 hits in (if you don't have the Speed Bracer on, the most you can get is 12 hits). In the time it takes Rikku to attack and Paine to perform Trigger Happy, Yuna will be ready to perform Black Sky, which will take Paragon out, without Paragon having time to do anything.

You win.

Holy crap you are good. Thank you!

Markus. D
01-28-2007, 04:45 PM
On the non-internation version I used a Songstress, Samurai and Lady Luck. :D

Christmas
01-28-2007, 06:48 PM
If you can't beat it with the Catnip trick, that's mean it's the END. :(

No.78
01-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I honestly... Dont know how you can not loose. I'm not helping but... srsly... Wow...