PDA

View Full Version : Leveling at end of game

MustangCobraSVT
01-21-2007, 03:24 AM
I'm pretty much at the end of the game, I got back all my party members except for Relm and Strago. Relm is still groggy on the bed and whatnot. I'm at around level 50 with most of my team. I was wondering if there was a better place to gain exp and ap other then the Phoenix Cave and that forest north of the Veldt. I go into Kefka's followers tower where strago is and i get my butt kicked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I was wondering on Bahmut's esper it saids at level up 50% health, but when i gained a level with Locke who had like 4,000 hp he only had like 4,300 after the level. Whats the deal with that? Thanks again.

Zeromus_X
01-21-2007, 03:29 AM
You do not need to level up anymore. Magic and equipment setups are far more crucial to success than leveling is (unless, you do strategic stat leveling with Espers, which is time-consuming).

Put Mog in your party, and give him the Moogle Charm (found by examining the spot where Mog stands when you recruit him in the World of Ruin). Equipping this will get rid of all random encounters, so you can explore the Fanatics' Tower without harrasment. If this bothers you, then maybe try training with the Cactuars and Hoovers south of Maranda. They give 10 Magic Points and 10,000 Gil for every Cactuar, and 5 Magic Points, around 4,000 Exp, and 10,000 Gil for every Hoover. Start having your characters learn spells here, while getting a steady income of Experience and Gil. Life 2, Life 3, Cure 3, Haste 2, and Quick are all staple spells which will really help to have everyone learn. It would be helpful to give equipment that raises your characters' magic evasion (such as any Force Equipment, and elemental shields), so that your team can survive the Hoovers' brutal Sandstorm counters. However, with your levels, this may not be an issue.

You only gain 50% of the HP you'd gain at level up. For example, if you were to gain 40 HP at level up, you'd now gain 60, if that makes sense.

robfinalfantasy
Try using groups of 2. I usually do this in the forest north of the Veldt.

blackmage_nuke
The 50% hp thing means that normally locke would receive 200 hp when he levels up but with the esper equiped he gets 50% more meaning his hp will increas by 300 instead.

As for the exp and AP thing i am not sure.

edit: beaten to it

-

MustangCobraSVT
01-21-2007, 03:57 AM
By where i get Mog do you mean the cave in Narshe? Also what esper has the quick spell and where do i get that esper? Thanks.

Zeromus_X
01-21-2007, 04:15 AM
Yep, the room with (what always appeared to me to be) hay, you just examine the tile where Mog was standing.

Raiden has the Quick spell, you'll need to have Odin and take him to the statue of the queen in the ancient castle (go five steps down from the right throne in the center chamber and press confirm, then go down a secret passage in the room with a bookcase). You'll lose Odin forever, but you can learn the spells he teaches at better rates by getting the Crusader Esper, after defeating all eight dragons.

ljkkjlcm9
01-21-2007, 06:05 AM
Forest north of the Veldt. Bring 4 people, whoever you want to gain all the EXP first, have them deal the final killing blow, as soon as they start their attack, hold L and R to run. As soon as that character returns from attacking, the other 3 should run away, leaving that character alone, getting all the EXP. This is really good for if you're trying to level one specific character at a time or something. If you're going to level everyone, you might as well leave all 4. You can either level them all at once, or each individually, obviously, it'll take the same amount of time. Either 4 people 1 at a time for 4x the exp, or 4 people all at once for 1x the exp.

THE JACKEL

feioncastor
01-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I usually just go to that forest and slap the Exp Egg on whoever needs some levels and then activate the Vanish + Doom business. It gets tough when they bust out Meteor, or especially Ultima. I save very often for that reason.

Xurts
01-22-2007, 06:07 PM
By the time you get Crusader the spells it teaches are obsolete, and you're so close to the final boss that it's not worth learning anything. The spell Odin teaches isn't even that great anyway. It's suprisingly weak for being what it is.

I just use Edgar's Air Anchor to deal with the Hoovers. Pummel and Drill are easiest to take out the Cactuars.