PDA

View Full Version : Sonic the hedgehog!!

loza
01-21-2007, 05:46 AM
you all know it.... that cute adorable hedghog that came from sega:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/loza12/SONIC.jpg
this 1!!!:kaolove2:

i've played just bout all of his games on sega mega drive (yes i've STILL got one!!) and i love them!!!!

but..... my brother got an xbox for xmas and he bought sonic heroes :barf:
i HATE it!!!!!

the question is do YOU like sonic? and do you like sonic HEROES?!

Roto13
01-21-2007, 05:53 AM
I'm a big Sonic fan. Sonic Heroes is pretty bad, though. Good soundtrack.

Slade
01-21-2007, 05:57 AM
The Sega Master System and Sega Mega Drive Sonic the Hedgehog games were the best games ever. I still play them quite regularly. I'm not overly fond of any of the games that came after Sonic and Knuckles, though and am pretty much against the new Sonic games that have come out over the last 3 or 4 years. I hate the way he is drawn now too, he just doesn't look as cool anymore. Oh well, at least I still have the Mega Drive Sonics :bigsmile:

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Gaming-centric threads go in General Gaming.

*moves*

NINJA_Ryu
01-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Not only the start of the companionship between Sonic and Tails, but the best sonic ever. Anyone who says diffrently will be tar and feathered....

Ah, the nostalgia is coming back ^^

Captain Maxx Power
01-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Sonic is only ever good in two dimensions.

Dreddz
01-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Sonic is only ever good in two dimensions.

This is just not true, Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast was brilliant, its a shame all the other 3D Sonic outings are only average. I dont really have any hate towards any of the 3D outings, there not terrible, there just not that great. I do however find Sonic for the 360 really bad, bad is probably a complement for that game, the game was practically unplayable. I hated it.

So in short, Sonic can be good in 3D, so the only reason why his recent outings are bad is Sega being lazy and not caring what becomes of their blue mascot. A shame really....

MoonsEcho
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM
I still play all the Sonic games on my Sega. I've never played any of the newer ones, though, mainly because I don't have (or want) a Dreamcast, and I thought the games available for the PS were just all the old Sega games in a collection. What's the story behind Sonic Heroes? Is it really that bad?

P.S. The original Sonic cartoon rocked my Saturday mornings ^^

LunarWeaver
01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
I liked him as a kid and followed him for quite a while. His first journey into 3-D wasn't bad, but since then it's kind of been the same and going downhill to me. Sonic is pulling a Tomb Raider (minus Legend, which is awesome) and regurgitating the same problems while adding even more. They need to hand him to a new team at this point I think =o.

Edit: Except Sonic Advances, those were fun. And I've never played any other handheld Sonics, so no opinion on those.

Roto13
01-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Sonic Rush is frigging amazing.

DK
01-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I always was a Sonic fanboy. Dirty Nintendo scum. SEGA4LYF

XxSephirothxX
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I only played the demo of Sonic Heroes, but it didn't seem any worse than Sonic Adventure 1 or 2. But they're all quite inferior to the 2D games. I really should pick up Sonic Rush sometimes, since the GBA games were really fun as well. I grew up a Sega kid, and for years Sonic was one of the only games I played. :p Good times.

Erdrick Holmes
01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Sonic is the only side scroller series that did EVERYTHING right. Yes, Metroid and Castlevania fans, you read that properly. And you kids need to quit bitching about the 3D Sonic games, they're actually pretty good and fun to play, many people put them down due to the horrid voice acting, but there's a way to fix that... ready whinebags? IT'S THE MUTE BUTTON ON YOUR FUCKIN' TV, USE IT.

Roto13
01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't care about the voice acting, but Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog were terribly unpolished. I'm sick of randomly running off cliffs. And what the hell is up with Shadow's silly little shooter schtick? Either run or shoot. They don't work well together.

I do like the Sonic Adventure games.

Erdrick Holmes
01-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Has it ever occured to you in Shadow that you don't really need the guns? Shadow also manages to do the whole 'choose your own adventure' book/game transition just fine. Also, if you have problems running off cliffs, try STOPPING!

Roto13
01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Shadow is crap. Face it. Having to seek out fifty enemies of a certain type doesn't lend itself well to the speed-based Sonic gameplay.

DK
01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Sonic Adventure was brilliant.

Sonic Heroes was a bag of shiet.

Dreddz
01-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Whats with the Heroes bitching, the game wasnt great but it was still ok. It did more right than wrong. Shadow the Hedgehog on the other hand, sucked.

Rocket Edge
01-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Sonic is a god! I used to love the games on the Sega.

Xander
01-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Sonic 1 was the first game I got on my first console (since I guess c64 & amiga aren't really consoles) and I loved Sonic since then. Sonic 2 is maybe the best, but I love sitting down with Sonic 1 and just getting all the rings I can on the first few levels. Marble Zone is one of my favourite zones through any Sonic game too.

I was never too good after that on Sonic 1, but I love Starlight Zone.

Love Sonic 3 too, Tails is my favourite and I'll usually play as him where possible. ANYWAY didnt play many 3d sonic games but I agree with the general opinion on Sonic heroes.

I thought sonic ds was the nearest to the originals, (didnt really play GBA ones though) but still, it doesn't feel the same, so I'll stick with the first three, oh and Spinball is awesome multiplayer fun too :D

PS. I also love the music from the old sonic games, and sonic adventure and stuff, and I have plushies but I still need tails plushie and shirts and a wallet and a tails keyring hanging off my bag (sonic one lying about somewhere) and yes I'm a sonic merchandise whore :D

Rainecloud
01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
My kids love Sonic Heroes, but I'm not overly keen.

I still prefer the original Megadrive/Genesis games over all the new ones.

Dr Aum
01-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Sonic was my first gaming obsession, and I still rank Sonic 1/2/3&Knuckles among my favorite games. Sonic Adventure was done very well, despite a few bugs and some minor physics issues. It and Sonic CD, despite not quite being up to par with the first games, have great soundtracks (as does Heroes), which is very important since game music has always been a huge selling point for me and since the Sonic series has a history of great tracks. I found Heroes enjoyable for a while, but incredibly frustrating. Adventure 2 is the same. Shadow made my face explode, and not in a good way.

I'm definitely looking forward to Secret Rings. From the previews I've read, it's shaping up to be something that may give the Sonic series a kick-start in the right direction.

KentaRawr!
01-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Sonic is the only side scroller series that did EVERYTHING right. Yes, Metroid and Castlevania fans, you read that properly.

WOAMG!!! Impossible...

I'm a pretty big fan of the 2D Sonic games, especially Sonic 3 + Knuckles, Sonic Advance, and Sonic Rush. I must say, Sonic Advance is the best game I got illegally ever. n_n Sonic Adventure was also very well done, and includes Sonic's best, and most emotional, line ever to start his game, if I do say so myself.

Vikeve
01-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Sonic!:heart:

I don't know much about all the games but of the ones ive played i found them addictive and very fun. And then the final levels are always gay hard becuase its a short game. A friend baught that sonic racers when there on those hover board things and I thought that game was extremely fun.:love:

Roto13
01-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Sonic Adventure's dialogue was hilarious. "Ready! Aim! Fire!" "Oh no! Our weapons are useless!"

Slicksword45
01-22-2007, 01:04 AM
I remember being obssesed with the sonic games. good times.... good times.....

But the 3d ones are very crapey. Most people agree too.

loza
01-22-2007, 03:11 AM
i loved sonic since 1992 (my birth) :love: it is, and all ways will be tha best!!!!!!!! :D sonic heroes is NOT A SONIC GAME!!! sonic games are
a. 2D
b. really really fast
c. a game where you can't save!!
that is what made it sonic!!!! my folks/brother went to alot of trouble just to get the REAL games :D i've even got a frezze SMS (sega master system) emulator so i can play them on my computer!!! yay!!!

edit: ok so you CAN save in some of the ones after sonic 3... but thats not the point the point is SOINC HEROES IS :skull::skull::skull::skull:AKI!!!!

XxSephirothxX
01-22-2007, 03:17 AM
By that reasoning, half the Sonic games Sega has made aren't Sonic games. :p You could save as far back as Sonic 3, man.

Dr Aum
01-22-2007, 03:42 AM
Oh, I almost forgot: Sonic games had

BLAST PROCESSING!

That is all.

Jack
01-22-2007, 05:00 AM
Sonic was u-g-l-y.

I owned a Megadrive, yet I only had one Sonic game (the original). I guess I enjoyed the other platformers on the system than Sonic. Games like Ristar. I love Ristar.

Markus. D
01-22-2007, 06:40 AM
I ;heart; The Sonic VS Knuckles games.

annnnnd the 3d ones include

Sonic Adventure Battle DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

loza
01-23-2007, 12:08 AM
and don't forget the comics!!! :D the first 20 were awsome! then it started to go downhill...:mad: but sonic is LOVE :love:

JKTrix
01-23-2007, 04:54 PM
http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13105

Some screens of 'Sonic and the Secret Rings'.