PDA

View Full Version : Mining for "Ore"

farplaner
01-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Does anybody have specifics on the effect that filling your inventory with the summon stones has on summon magic power?

And does anybody have any better ideas on acquiring ore than the following:

I've been roaming the area around Conde Petie. Most of the monsters there have ore to be stolen (except Cactuar, to the best of my knowledge), and my lv. 40, or so, "auto-hasted" Eiko does pretty well with Jewel on the monsters there.

I still need about....well a few hundred if I decide to max Leviathan. Come to think of it, though, I'll probably exclude that one. Still, I need a couple hundred more.

EDIT: I can make a consistent 250 or so points per game at the Choco. Lagoon, but it still seems pretty slow that way.

Captain Maxx Power
01-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Each Eidolon has a specific type of Ore that affects their attack power. Generally speaking attack power increases with each type of Ore in your inventory. The exceptions are Phoenix, Odin and Madeen which are covered below.

Ramuh : 32 + Peridots
Leviathan: 59 + Aquamarine
Ifrit : 42 + Topaz
Shiva : 36 + Opal
Atomos : 30 + Amethyst (Each Amethyst will result in an extra 1% of HP taken off the target. Damage is capped at 9999. Atmos doesn't work on bosses. Note that is effects Maximum HP, not current HP)
Bahamut: 88 + Garnet
Ark : 106 + Lapis Lazuli
Fenrir : 42 + Sapphire
Fenrir : 44 + Sapphire (There are two formula here for the two different attacks Fenrir can use).

Odin is the opposite in this regard. With him, the more Ore you have in your inventory, the less damage he will do with his sword attack (obtained by having the Odin's Sword ability equipped). The formula is 145 - Ore. Conversely, the more Ore you have the higher chance his normal Instant Death attack has of occuring, with every two ore's adding an extra 1% chance.

Carbuncle doesn't have a bonus, however he does gain different abilities depending on whether or not Eiko has one of the ore's equipped;

-- : Ruby Light = Reflect (+ Protect if full animation)
Emerald : Emerald Light = Haste (+ Protect if full animation)
Diamond : Diamond Light = Vanish (+ Protect if full animation)
Moonstone: Pearl Light = Shell (+ Protect if full animation)

Also Phoenix doesn't have any bonuses, but does gain a bonus from Phoenix Pinions. If Eiko is in your party, Phoenix has a % chance to appear upon the party being wiped out, equal to [(# of Phoenix Pinions / 256) * 100].

Madeen doesn't get a bonus from any Ore, but does get a bonus based on Eiko's level.

Credit to Gamefaqs.com

farplaner
01-23-2007, 06:05 AM
So, for example, having 33 or 34 peridots in my inventory doesn't add anything more to the total?

Thanks, Maxx... (and Gamefaqs.com)

Captain Maxx Power
01-23-2007, 11:38 AM
So, for example, having 33 or 34 peridots in my inventory doesn't add anything more to the total?

Thanks, Maxx... (and Gamefaqs.com)

On the contrary, all Peridot's up to a full 99 will contribute to Ramuh's attack power, to a maximum effect of 131. One of the reasons why this is in place is to allow Summon's to become more powerful during the game, and also partially nerf them earlier on. All damage effects from Summons will also be cut in half if a "half" animation is played. This always occurs if you set Eidolon animations to "short" in the configuraton menu. The exceptions to this are Carbuncle, who will cast Protect on his full animation and Odin, who will only experience a reduction in damage if he uses his sword attack.

ReloadPsi
01-23-2007, 12:07 PM
This always occurs if you set Eidolon animations to "short" in the configuraton menu.
Dude, no such thing; that was FFX. In this there's a "Boost" ability that makes them always play full length instead.