PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination

Quindiana Jones
01-21-2007, 01:06 PM
<!--You just fuck yourself.-->*snip*

Today, due tomorrow, I have to finish a learnish a monologue on An Inspector Calls. We've (my group) decided to set it in 1917, with Gerald being dead. I have no idea if my part's up to scratch because my psycho English teacher wasn't in when I needed to ask her. Bitch.

Also, I have....hmmm....let's see....10 month overdue French coursework (it wasn't really a firm deadline anyway) which I haven't even started yet. Luckily I've only gotta hand in the first draft. Though the fact remains: I suck. I also know that I should do my French work experience piece too, and I've only got 50-60 words left of that, so I might as well finish that today. Hmm...I could just finish the work experience, start on the holiday piece and give my teacher the WE one and say "I thought you meant this one!". That'll get me an extra 2 days.

Anyhoo, I'm incredibly lazy and am a fanatical procrastinator when it comes to doing work. I always leave it to the last moment. I'm already staying after school 3 days out of 5 to get my maths coursework done before February!

So how about you? How much of a procrastinator are you? Has it ever got you in trouble?

Cut out all of the sexual conatations in your threads/posts/topics. It's not cute or witty. ~ Leeza

Old Manus
01-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Why do menial tasks when Gears of War is there to be played?

Rye
01-21-2007, 01:35 PM
I claim to be a procrastinator, but I'm really not that bad. I'm more of a weekend before person. Right now I haven't much to worry about. I have to write a first draft of a thesis essay in my English class, but that'll take like, a half hour.

Drift
01-21-2007, 01:53 PM
An Inspector Calls is a great play and yes i should be revising right now for A2 Chemistry - Chains, Rings and Spectroscopy

Cruise Control
01-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I am. I don't ever have homework, but I still manage to procrastinate.

And it will get me in huge trouble, since I have to pass this project to graduate.

Renmiri
01-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Day before it's due FTW! :D

Christmas
01-21-2007, 02:47 PM
This thread isn't about castration? :screwy:

Cz
01-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I procrastinated horribly at GCSE, and my grades show it. I learned my lesson from that, and since then I haven't been as bad. Best of luck with the workload, man. Sounds like you could use some. :)

Chloe.
01-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Day Night before it's due FTW! :D

Moon Rabbits
01-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I usually leave things to the last minute, night before type thing. Then I get behind in class and I do the whole 'til-4am-homework thing.

Mikztsu
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I am the master of procrastination. It's probably my worst feature, because in the end it causes a lot of stress. :(

Little Blue
01-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Day Night Morning before it's due FTW! :D

But only in rare cases. I usually manage to look at it the weekend before it's due, then find sometime in the week to actually do it (unless it is due monday, in which case I do it all on the weekend). I like to claim procastination, but I'm not really. :(

Xander
01-21-2007, 04:09 PM
all the time these days but it doesn't get me in trouble cos I'm good at blagging things I guess, or just getting it done just in time.

XxSephirothxX
01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes, of course I am. And I continue to do it because it hasn't yet screwed me over. Last semester I wrote my final English essay from 11 pm to 5 am the day it was due (so technically I turned it in late) and then uploaded it to the internet through the English department website. And it was the best essay I'd written in years. :p

Procrastinating probably does cause my grades to suffer a bit and when I procrastinate in other areas it has social ramifications, but again, they're not severe enough to make me stop.

Zeldy
01-21-2007, 04:43 PM
You just smurf yourself.

Today, due tomorrow, I have to finish a learnish a monologue on An Inspector Calls. We've (my group) decided to set it in 1917, with Gerald being dead. I have no idea if my part's up to scratch because my psycho English teacher wasn't in when I needed to ask her. Bitch.

Oh I did coursework on that earlier this school year. I loooved the book but I focused on Sheila and not Gerald.
Im a very bad procastinator. I leave essays until the day before they're due, and I always seem to get behind in Food Technology coursework too.
I get extremely stressed over it, last week I had a whole essay and loads of food tech to do on one day for the next day, and it was a weekday! I was up until midnight xD

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
The night before, is when I finish it. Sometimes even the day it is due. I passed in a paper to a professor last semester as she was leaving her office. I believe the history department was closed, plus I could not find it -__-;.

At the moment, I should really catch up with all my readings for my courses, that I never do. I also have 50 000 words of reading in primary sources dating to 64 CE to 604 CE somehow related to the Ancient Christian Church. I am thinking some Augustine will be a good read. Also, I have to read 5 articles from secondary sources in the same class. For each readings I have to write 700 - 1400 word journals (not that long really) to prove I have done the readings. Due: Feb. 6th. So I got a few weeks left. Oh and I have like two other essays/essay-like things due around that time too.

Captain Maxx Power
01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
I'd procrastinate more, but I really can't be bothered. Besides which I have other things to do.

Shiny
01-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Procrastination is a good motivator for some people, because they tend to work better under pressure. I recently procrastinated on a Junior English research paper (college format) that was possibly the longest essay I've ever did.

theundeadhero
01-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Procrastination causes blindness.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-21-2007, 05:59 PM

Then I am royally screwed.

Quindiana Jones
01-21-2007, 07:39 PM

The snippy telling off was totally worth it for that post.

Endless
01-21-2007, 07:42 PM
I put the pro in procrastination.

Quindiana Jones
01-21-2007, 07:43 PM

America puts the nation.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Coursework sucks. Luckily my mum speaks a bit of French so she pretty much spearheaded my essays

Mirage
01-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Always. It's something like my trademark.

Dr Aum
01-22-2007, 12:53 AM
I always manage to scrounge together what I need by the due date, but rarely much earlier. My grades have always been fine regardless, although procrastination does tend to cause me heaps of stress. If only there were a miracle cure.

Reles
01-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Sometimes procrastination is the only thing that works for me. Especially studying for tests. If I study loads way before a test, I won't remember it, however, if I have a quick study session 30 minutes before the test, most likely I'll do pretty awesomely. As for assignments, I can procrastinate and wait late in the night, but it's rare when I get lazy and sleep. Usually sleep isn't an option regardless of how early I got the assignment done anyway. I trust my judgment on when things need to get done. So my slight procrastination has never bothered me, or my grades for that matter.

Yuffie514
01-22-2007, 04:08 AM
not very often. i procrastinate on chores, but i always do school work at night, even if it's late.

Hambone
01-22-2007, 05:11 AM
Let's see. I always wait till the very last minute to do things. I always start my weekend homework on Sunday, usually at about 9:30 p.m. I need to finish something for science and get my practice record for orchestra signed and it's 11:11 p.m. right now. Good bye. I gotta hurry.

Araciel
01-22-2007, 05:38 AM
i'll respond to this thread later

Yamaneko
01-22-2007, 05:42 AM
I need to put together a little mini presentation outlining my paper topic to the class by tomorrow afternoon. I'll get to it sometime before then.

Samuraid
01-22-2007, 07:11 AM
I would too...but I'll do it tomorrow.:rolleyes2

Bunny
01-22-2007, 12:33 PM
I was going to post a response in this thread but I figured I would just do it later. Eh.

Pike
01-22-2007, 10:24 PM
I procrastinate excessively. It's quite bad. XD

oddler
01-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Why do menial tasks when Gears of War is there to be played?

I don't know why but that was the most difficult sentence I've ever read.