PDA

View Full Version : this is making me cry

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-21-2007, 05:11 PM
ok so heres the story

yesterday i was listening to my ipod, and then i was done i put it in my pocket, but then the earphone part came out and fell on the floor, it only fell 3 feet high off the ground, and now one ear isnt as strong as the other ear, and the other ear has a static noise

and now its making me sad

can the ipod fix it itself?

in settings theres an audiobook option and i dont know what that does

theres also an EQ setting with a bunch of other stuff under it

and a sound check option

and a compilations option

i also started looking for a replacement set since my friend said i should start looking for some if you guys cant help

and i dont know how to read specs so can you guys tell me which is the better pair?

Sony Earbud Headphones - Blue (10LPBL)

Earbud Headphones
• 1 Piece Set
• Frequency Response: 18Hz-22,000Hz
• Sensitivity: 104dB/mW
• Impedance: 16.0
• Driver Size: 13.5 mm.
• Power Handling Capacity: 50mW
• Compatible with MP3
• Features: Neodymium Magnet
• Audio Features: Outstanding Bass Response
• Cord and Cable Features: Y-Style Cord
• Additional Features: L-Shaped Stereo Plug
• UL Listed

EarHugger Lightweight Earphones - EH-220

Ultra-lightweight in-ear headphones
• Mylar speaker, 13-millimeter driver
• Nickel-plated, L-shaped 3.5mm plug with 4' cord and 2 foam replacement ear pads
• 20,000 Hz frequency response, 32 ohms, 96 dB
• 1Hx5Wx7-1/5L"; 0.1 lb.

thanks to everyone who helps:)

Mirage
01-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I think earbuds (by earbuds I think of those that you put in your ears, rather than covering them) in general are awful. Especially those that come bundled with players.

Try these (http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^pt^PORTAPRO), they're rather mainstream these days, but they they produce very good audio quality for their size and price. Lifetime warranty for the speaker elements doesn't hurt either (depending on the shop, you might be able to get them replaced for other "errors" (such as accidentially stepping on them :p), not just the elements.

Also, what the hell does "mp3 compatibility" mean? Bullcrap imo, any headphone that can be physically connected to a player will always work, regardless of whatever format the player can play.

rih29
01-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Sony Earbud Headphones - Blue (10LPBL)

Earbud Headphones
• 1 Piece Set
• Frequency Response: 18Hz-22,000Hz
• Sensitivity: 104dB/mW
• Impedance: 16.0
• Driver Size: 13.5 mm.
• Power Handling Capacity: 50mW
• Compatible with MP3
• Features: Neodymium Magnet
• Audio Features: Outstanding Bass Response
• Cord and Cable Features: Y-Style Cord
• Additional Features: L-Shaped Stereo Plug
• UL Listed

I honestly laughed like a motherfucker at that.

Anyway, I'd have to disagree with Mirage for the recommendation on the earphones, because those things look pretty big, and if you're using an iPod you're probably walking around with music or something. Something that big is going to be annoying to put away quickly. Look around at your local K Mart or something, and look for a pair of ear buds. Make sure the cord on them isn't long though, that's a pain in the ass.

Mirage
01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
They aren't all that big, really, and the can be folded together and put in your pocket (I just slide them down around my neck though, takes me 2 seconds). They're rather nice to use on the go, I use them all day, at uni, the bus, everywhere. They're not designed to only be used with stationary devices like PCs and stereos.

And as I said, the quality is really good for their price. I doubt you'll regret buying them, but if you're in doubt, try them on in a shop before buying them.

o_O
01-21-2007, 11:31 PM
If you're an audiophile, and want sound quality, don't get earbuds. Get proper headphones. Decent headphones will have padding, to reduce the amount of ambient noise that you can hear, which is the most important feature of headphones for me. The speakers are larger, reducing the harsh sound of earbuds.

If you don't really care about audio quality and just want some cheap phones, get some earbuds. They can't be beaten for price, but they also can't beat anything for sound quality. Most earbuds will produce a tinny sound and since there is nothing to reduce ambient noise, there will be no clarity in the sound if you're in a noisy environment.

In my opinion, if you get the headphones, you'll never go back to earbuds.
All phones should come with a rating for white noise. The lower the better.

As for the two you are looking at, the Sony ones are better. :p

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-22-2007, 01:19 AM
kk thanks O_o

umm sorry mirage im looking for earbuds :p similar to those of the original ipod, either the same or better, looks like ill be getting the sony ones unless someone can suggest something better

rubah
01-22-2007, 05:45 AM
I'm rather in awe that you could break earbuds by dropping them.

Mirage
01-22-2007, 05:52 AM
You would actually prefer something that was of the same poor quality as the original iPod earbuds? I don't understand you...

Anyway, if you're determined on getting earbuds, try these. (http://koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^eb^PLUG) I haven't tried them myself, but my music teacher, who is really spoiled when it comes to audio quality, thought they were good.

Endless
01-22-2007, 07:46 AM
I use <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000094Q77/ref=pd_cp_e_title/102-0346727-9338561">these</a>, and I'm quite satisfied with them.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-22-2007, 02:55 PM
You would actually prefer something that was of the same poor quality as the original iPod earbuds? I don't understand you...

ipods earbuds has poor quality? i found them quite good actually....maybe its becuase i havent had any experiences with anything better