PDA

View Full Version : Surfing

theundeadhero
01-21-2007, 06:42 PM
In all my time here I've never talked about surfing. I don't even remember any threads about surfing? Do you like surfing? Have you ever gone before? Do you want to in the future?

Leeza
01-21-2007, 06:47 PM
<i>I don't even remember any threads about surfing?</i>
None come to mind immediately, no.

<i>Do you like surfing?</i>
I have never surfed (except for the internet) and I don't think that I ever will as I am not the greatest of swimmers.

<i>Have you ever gone before?</i>
Nope.

<i>Do you want to in the future?</i>
I don't think so. It's pretty cold out here in Canada, even during the summer months the ocean is pretty darn cold...and I don't like cold. Although just up the road is Long Beach, which is the surfing capital of Canada and everyone surfing is wearing a wet suit to keep warm. They do seem to love it though. :cat:

Ki Ki
01-21-2007, 06:48 PM
I would like to try surfing but I'm scared of sharks.
I heard somewhere that a human on a surfboard looks like a PENGUIN to them so. ;_;
But I like to watch people surfing and imagine if a shark decided to eat them? I couldn't miss that! :3

Dreddz
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM
I went windsurfing once. It sucked. I went about 5mph and was cold throughout all of it.

Renmiri
01-21-2007, 07:19 PM
I couldn't stand on the board without falling down. Jetski is easier

Martyr
01-22-2007, 12:25 AM
I've tried surfing with my buddies once, but nobody wanted to show me how to do it. The waves threw me around and I felt like a complete fool for a while. It was fun.
But the scary thing was that there were these giant rocks all over the place, and the waves were just trying to hurl me into them.
Someday I would love to really learn to surf, but I just don't live close enough to good waves right now to get into it. I waterski/boogyboard/drive fast in a boat when I need my sea-thrill fix.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-22-2007, 12:30 AM
I had the opportunity to do windsurfing when I was on a class trip but I gave it up for snorkling :(. But I don't believe I've ever had the opportunity of doing any surfing

Vikeve
01-22-2007, 01:17 AM
I went surfing once and I thought it was pretty fun. But when ever a larger wave then usual cam I would either not ride the wave scared of it or when I stood up I would freeze up and get knocked off.

I remember I fell off my board one time and as I popped my head out of the water to breath the board slammed into the back of my head.:yuck: and as you can imagine it hurt.

Maybe some day i would like to go surfing but I'm certainly not in a rush.:)

Jojee
01-22-2007, 02:16 AM
I want to try but I'm sure I'd fail miserably ^^

Bunny
01-22-2007, 02:20 AM
My great uncle was supposed to teach me how to surf a few years back, and we were supposed to take a trip down to Costa Rico.. or was it Puerto Rico? One of those places, I think. But neither of those actually happened.

I was super surprised.

Reles
01-22-2007, 02:47 AM
I have no interest in surfing, I can't exactly swim.

Renmiri
01-22-2007, 06:07 AM
I swim good, dive (snorkel) and I can do the boogyboard but I couldn't even get stable sitting on a surfboard! :(

Meat Puppet
01-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Back when I lived in Mangawhai, I would try surfing a lot on the Days when there was nothing else to do (and in Mangawhai, there are many). I would go about once or twice a week, but due to a fear of Sun & Failure In Front of Crowds, I could only go for short periods.
It was extremely fun when I could get it Right, but I have never been able to get as good at Surfing as pretty much everyone in my family is.

I may go surfing again sometime in the Future, but I won’t Make any promises.

Shlup
01-22-2007, 06:12 AM
I've never been surfing.

Araciel
01-22-2007, 06:12 AM
i desperately wanted to do it at one point. when i got to the ocean i never got to ... it sucked. now i still want to but i won't go out of my way to try it

Miriel
01-22-2007, 08:50 AM
I've tried surfing a few times, but man, I suck! I ate it sooo many times.

I still wanna get some proper lessons and become super surf chick though. :D Maybe next time I go to Hawaii...

theundeadhero
01-22-2007, 10:58 AM
The hardest thing to do is learn how to duck-dive under waves so you don't get washed all the way back to shore.

My great uncle was supposed to teach me how to surf a few years back, and we were supposed to take a trip down to Costa Rico.. or was it Puerto Rico?Costa Rica is good.

LoveArya
01-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Yes, I have been surfing. Nearly killed myself, but it was a hell lot of fun:D