PDA

View Full Version : Quick Gil

karatehero
01-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I didn't see that anyone else had this way yet, so I'll post it.

I was in the Stilshire where you beat Zeromus. Obviously I already killed him. To get to his room, use the teleporter right in the back of the first room.

I had the Warmages Monograph and I was about level 60. If you go back to that room, the skeletons pop back up. I killed all the skeletons, and used the portal 2 times to get back to the room again (be careful becasue the second time you use them it takes you right to where chain killing baddies are). I made 3 trips in there, had my chain at about 70, and it took 10 minutes. The skeletons gave me 99 blood darkened bones, 99 dark crystals, some pebbles and acranas. The bones sell for almost 1500 bucks a pop. All sold totaled about 165000 gil. Not bad for 10 minutes work. In an hour I betcha I could get a million, no problem.

Renmiri
01-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Ooo, good tip!

txs much!

karatehero
01-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey, I'm glad someone liked it, I thought I was going to get slammed.:cool:

MeLT
01-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Well this beats the Mirror Knights way of getting $$$ ....... that trip down to the feywood was a headache everytime!

im_mrbrightside20
01-22-2007, 10:18 PM
thats prolly some of the best advice i have gotten about gil for ff12

thank you so much im definetally gonna go do that right now lol

Tainted Angel
01-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Usually I just go to the Lhulu mines and kill skeletons. (Yes I know.. but it works in three or four trips.. .. plus I am at a early part of the game. I find my motivation to play vanes easily..)

Get's me monographs...

Early on before you kill the jungle-dragon boss how do you get lotsa gil?

karatehero
01-23-2007, 02:04 PM
I honestly can't remember the exact flow of the game. If you were already at the location that I mentioned above, and you have the monograph I mentioned above then you can still go there and get some $$$ from skeletons.

I'm going from memory here, but if you go in and down the stairs, I think its through the next room. If you look at your map its the biggest, squarest room. It almost looks like a maze?

Anyway, walk around the bottom level of that room and lots of skeletons pop up (these guys are much easier than the ones I mentioned earlier). Kill them, run out and run back. Don't kill your chain. With the monograph, you should be able to get a few $$$, i remember getting a nice piece of armor there occasionally too. There is more running involved, and less $$, but its earlier in the game also.

If you need more info like names and the such, I can do it later. I'm at work.:D

Renmiri
01-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Usually I just go to the Lhulu mines and kill skeletons. (Yes I know.. but it works in three or four trips.. .. plus I am at a early part of the game. I find my motivation to play vanes easily..)

Get's me monographs...

Early on before you kill the jungle-dragon boss how do you get lotsa gil?
Lhusu mines, as you found out

Nam-Yensa sandsea, close of the Tomb of Raythwal (Simoons bluff) where you find Bagoly (drops bent staff at 1,100 gil) and Axelbeaks (drops Rainbow egg at 500 gil) plus the Alraune drop suculent fruit which is not too shabby.

Golmore jungle, where gargoyles drop Demon Eyes and the Marlboro drop Marlboro wine. Attak the harmless Treants near Eruyt, they drop Lumber.

A bit harder but good is Henne mines, open and close red gates, the flans (18 at a time) drop some foul liquid that sells for good $$. The T-rex has good loot too and there are plenty of bats (spiral incisor) and skeletons.

Paramina rift is great, after you kill the Elder Wyrm.

Radje
02-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I found an easier way when i played it. Golmore jungle at the area just north of the feywood (You'll know because you fight the large dinosaur.) Once you kill the dinosaur and all of the other creatures in that area skeletons pop out in abundance.

If you are of a generally high level you'll dispose of them no problem, gaining you all of the usual bones etc, i seem to remember once you kill off the normal skeletons a more difficult one appears. However its been a while so i'll leave it for you to check out.

Dynast-Kid
02-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Cross Golmore Jungle and then cross the Feywood to Giruvegan. After reaching Giruvegan, head back the way you came. You should have mucho loot to sell!

Renmiri
02-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Cross Golmore Jungle and then cross the Feywood to Giruvegan. After reaching Giruvegan, head back the way you came. You should have mucho loot to sell!

Feywood and Giruvegan are my favorite places for getting gil but you need to be level 45 at least otherwise your party will be pwned in one second!

rubah
02-03-2007, 03:09 AM
Oh, not only was this way excellent in the utmost, but I daresay it got me the items necessary for canopic jar, so :up:

Croyles
03-02-2007, 08:24 PM
This is the best advice ive had for FFXII so far, thank you!

Remon
03-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Poverty Farewell :mario:

Thanks for this awesome advice karatehero