PDA

View Full Version : Help with Gilgamesh

eppy19
01-22-2007, 12:14 AM
I beat him then he ran and i got the site 11 key from the fallen bjhuerban, and yet the gates still won't open, what do I have to do?

Renmiri
01-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Go to the bridge where you fought him, then go west (forward) then south (down).

Remember the place where you fought the Antlion ? There is a chamber just before of it (east of it) where you use the site key 11

http://www.m4lu.de/ff12maps/themap.php?map=lhusumines&x=342&y=510

BustaMo
01-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah, then he shows up at the VERY END of the whole mines in a secret chamber which is a pretty cool way to end it. I traveled there the first time I was exploring everything and was wondering if there was a point to that spot, and low and behold, Gilgamesh battle #2 is there. Pretty sweet. The end of the battle is pretty humorous too when you attempt to walk out.

hplvr
01-22-2007, 09:04 PM
but be wary!!!! Gilgamesh is very easy during the first fight, bvut the second one he levels up from 45 to 70! make sure you are also at level 70 at least too, i was too weak when i frist fought him, but i beat him when i was haning by a thread with no MP and no items.... be careful!

Renmiri
01-22-2007, 10:16 PM
And the way to his #2 hideout is full of bats and undead. Ugh!!!

ValiantKnight
01-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Level 45 beats Gilgamesh by a hair for me.. with lots of item usage and deaths :)

hplvr
01-24-2007, 12:25 AM
but it is still really hard, even at 45, i died many times b4
and be sure to get rid of that f**king dog as fast as you can, its very annoyin and is really fast and strong

BustaMo
01-24-2007, 04:32 AM
Are you using good weapons? You should be able to get the Zodiac Spear, Excalibur, Save the Queen, and possibly Ragnorak by now at this point in the game. Also, the more magic spells and techniks you ahve, might help in lowering his defenses and strengthening your chars.

Ouch!
01-24-2007, 04:38 AM
The only difficulty that I faced while fighting Gilgamesh for the second time was the string of attacks that knocked out a character. 8-9 hit combos are not fun to watch.

I suppose bubble belts would be fairly useful, but by the time the extra HP actually goes to use, he'll kill you easily even if you have 9,999 HP because of those damn combos.

To avoid the heat, try equipping a character with the best shield you have along with a gauntlet and make sure they've learned all the shield block licenses. Throwing decoy on this character allows them to soak up a lot of hits while being healed between the ones that do land.

Also, as suggested, you can probably get some of the better weapons in the game now. I had the Zodiac Spear, and relied very heavily on it for damage. While it's a great weapon, I'm more fond of a masamune + genji gauntlet (or cat-ear hood) combination. Sadly, the masamune isn't available until after the fight. You'll just have to take what you can get.

eppy19
01-24-2007, 04:44 AM
I am at level 50 and Vaan has the Excalibur, Basch has Save The Queen, and Balthier has the Zodiac Spear, the others aren't that important, whats the Ragnarok? I haven't even seen it on my license boards and where/how do I get it?

BustaMo
01-24-2007, 04:47 AM
When you defeat the Ixion Mark go talk to the petitioner who is the Whitecap Wench in the Seasand at the Balfonheim Port and she gives it to you as one of your rewards. I went through the whole game and just got it today after I forgot to go back to her. It would have made my battle with Hell Wyrm maybe a bit quicker; but I doubt that.

So yeah: Beat Ixion mark for Ragnarok.

eppy19
01-24-2007, 04:49 AM
I just got out of the Great Crystal is Ixion even available to hunt?

BustaMo
01-24-2007, 04:59 AM
He's one of the last one's that you will encounter. He should come up for availability at the same time Gilgamesh does though. Although he shows up in the subterra of the Pharos, and you apparently won't be there yet for some time. Nevermind. It's in the basement levels at the Pharos; probably one of the best places to level up at the end. The enemies gang bang ya like crazy; six at a time sometimes.

eppy19
01-24-2007, 05:28 AM
I'm at the part where i am supposed to go see Reddas in Balfonheim is that far from Pharos? I haven't seen him yet, still wanna level up. But some chracters like Fran only have 39 defense where can i buy better armor, there's none in Balfonheim that goes past 53!

Gabranth
01-24-2007, 05:55 AM
no, when you go to see reddas your next mission is the pharos. but i'd do the actual objectives first and come back to the subterra after you finish the pharos events

eppy19
01-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Am i allowed to buy the greataxe or goldenaxe whatever it is, where do u buy that?

BustaMo
01-24-2007, 06:42 PM
The Golden Axe I'm pretty sure can be bought off of the Unlucky Merchant in the Dalmasca Eastersands. He actually sells some really good items/equipment/spells from what I remember. I hope it's the Golden Axe he is selling...i'm pretty sure it's that, and if it isn't, it's the Golden Armulet I'm thinking of.

chrisguapo69
01-25-2007, 11:40 AM
but be wary!!!! Gilgamesh is very easy during the first fight, bvut the second one he levels up from 45 to 70! make sure you are also at level 70 at least too, i was too weak when i frist fought him, but i beat him when i was haning by a thread with no MP and no items.... be careful!

You don't have to be level 70. I don't know what level I was but Gilgamesh wasn't too hard. I know I beat Vayne when I was 68 so I must have been in the 50's when I beat Gilgamesh.

Renmiri
01-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Gold Axe = Unlucky Merchant

Check Final Fantasy Wiki (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dalmasca_Estersand), they have all stores inventory there. :D

hplvr
01-25-2007, 09:45 PM

You don't have to be level 70. I don't know what level I was but Gilgamesh wasn't too hard. I know I beat Vayne when I was 68 so I must have been in the 50's when I beat Gilgamesh.
but did you have a hard time with Gilgamesh at that level,
i forget too, i prolly was at level 4o something, and i had a heck of a hard time with him

marysonnie
01-25-2007, 10:58 PM
The biggest problem I had with this fight was that I had Reddas, and at Level 60, he was susceptible to pretty much all the Lv. status effects Gilgamesh threw at me. As long as you've got Black Belts and Alarm clocks, you should be fine if your levels are halfway decent.

Shiva_
02-18-2007, 06:17 AM
The second confrontation with Gilgamesh is a lot tougher than the first one. The combination of Gilgamesh's attacks and that of his dog Enkidu's can be quite lethal.

Some tips to help win the battle more easily are:

1) Do Dispel/Dispelga on Gilgamesh and his dog first to get rid of their buffs.

2) Then put his dog to sleep and blind it. Also cast oil on it. The Nihopalaoa + Remedy method should get these done conveniently.
Then spam Firaga on it. Magic doesn't wake up foes/characters like melee attacks do. Because the dog is in Oil status, he will take much more damage from the Firaga spells.

Some recommended gambits for the battle are the following. You should set these up before the fight:

Set one of your characters gambits to:
Foe: Status = Sleep>Firaga
Foe: Party Leader's Target>Attack
This is to defeat the dog first.

Then set your other two characters gambits to:
Foe: Highest Max HP>Attack.
They will only attack Gilgamesh.

Having Bubble/Bubble Belts are necessary as Gilgamesh tends to hit hard. Use Decoy on your main tank/damage dealer, so that he takes most of the hits. Have Curaja Gambits set to keep HP at 50% or above. For optimal speed in bringing KO'ed guys up, have one use Arise and 2 others use Phoenix Downs. Have Esuna/Esunaga gambits ready for his Lvl X. status attacks. It's also recommended to swap the proper gear on-demand to provide immunity for a given status condition before it snags one or all of your guys. When he puts up any palings, turn attack gambits off during that period and then turn them back on when it expires.

Steal during 4th and 5th phases in order to obtain the Genji gear.

Hope this helps anyone who's struggling with him.

ante0
02-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Or do it the cheap way.
support skills (protect, bubble, regen and what else you find useful) + Reverse and decoy. This will make Gilg hit the decoyed character, thus healing him cause of Reverse. Just recast whenever they run out. Make the other two characters attack Gilg. This is a cheap way, I know. lol