PDA

View Full Version : Lufia

Cruise Control
01-22-2007, 12:29 AM
I'd have a topic, but this series is so badass, it'd pale in comparison.

What do you think of this series, and what's your favorite game in it, how cool is it really, etc, etc.

I think it's flippin awesome. With Lufia & The Fortress of Doom being the best. Favorite song is The Last Duel. So epic.

But the Ruins of Lore was good to. Damn you Zablak!

Ben
01-22-2007, 01:15 AM
What is this game :confused: I've never heard of it...

ljkkjlcm9
01-22-2007, 01:20 AM
Lufia games are great RPGs. The first two on the SNES. Then I know of one on GBC and one on GBA. I'm not sure of any others, but I enjoyed them all.

THE JACKEL

oddler
01-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Oh, really? I didn't know about one being on GBA. I'll have to check it out. I've actually never played any of them but my brother likes them and we like pretty much the same stuff.

MoonsEcho
01-22-2007, 04:21 AM
Lufia II:Rise of the Sinistrals is one of my favourite games of all time. I vaguely remember the other SNES Lufia, I think I played it somewhere but never got far into it. I never played any of the handheld games.

I loved having the little monsters fight with you and being able to feed them and watch them grow and change. And the Ancient Cave, one of my favourite parts of the game. :<3:

Bunny
01-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Rise of the Sinistrals is one of the best games on SNES and one of the best games I have ever played. The first Lufia was decent, but no way even close to being as good as it's successor. The GBA game, Ruins of Lore, is one of my favorite GBA games, too.

Lufia is a good series.

Wolf Kanno
01-22-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm with most people that Lufia II:Rise of the Sinistrals is the best game in the series. The first game has a wonderful cast and story but is really hindered by it's insistence to use DQ's old school targeting system. Battles get frustrating... Not to mention it's weak magic system which not only is unpleasant to the eyes but pretty worthless overall. The second game improved all of this and let's face it. It's all about Dekar baby! Though Lufia's story is truly amazing.

I haven't gotten too far in the GBA game, I wish they had done more with the job class system or kept Lufia II's system. It feels like a generic RPG to me but perhaps I'm just not far enough into it...

Samuraid
01-22-2007, 07:03 AM
I haven't played the first game, but I played most of Lufia 2 a while back. All in all, it was a great game! I really need to play it all the way through, but I watched my brother beat it many times, so that spoils some of the fun.

theundeadhero
01-22-2007, 07:42 AM
They're fun. I just played through Lufia on my snes in November.

lufia
01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
:kiss: i love all you guys in here espicially the OP :D :D :D

lufia1 & 2 is the best :choc2: , they had it all for such a old game, great story, good graphics (beats ff snes), and good gameplay (there was that ap thing, bit like limit breaks). :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D i remember playing lufia 2 when i was a kid and there was this puzzle that i spent 6 hrs + and could never solve it :D good times

RiseToFall
01-22-2007, 03:04 PM
I played Lufia II:Rise of the Sinistrals a long time ago, and enjoyed it very much. It's too bad I can't go back and play either game since I don't own a Snes anymore.

lufia
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
oh yeah forgot to mention the music in lufia 1 and 2 are THE BEST. loved everyone of its track, genious. YES ITS BETTER THAN FINAL FANTASY. you can always play the game from roms if you lost your game/console :D. if taito decided to make a remake of lufia1 and 2 i die of a heart attack

Jowy
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Cruise Control wins avatar/sig contest hands down <3<3<3

Lufia II is one of my favorite games ever. Except for the Treasure Sword Shrine, anyway. Goddamn yellow/red block puzzle.

RiseToFall
01-22-2007, 03:18 PM
. you can always play the game from roms if you lost your game/console :D. if taito decided to make a remake of lufia1 and 2 i die of a heart attack

I'm not that big on Roms and Emulators. Though a remake would probably make me jump up and down for hours.

Edit: Anyone know if either game is coming to the Wii's Virtual Console?

NeoCracker
01-22-2007, 03:31 PM
I loved Rise of the Sinestrals. Dekar is one of my favorite Characters in any Video Game. Its to bad you don't get to take him to the end though.

The First was decent, but nothing compared to 2. Playing through Ruins of Lore now, planning ot emulate the others one the GB and GBC soon. I don't know why the games weren't bigger than they are, but oh well. At least I can still enjoy them.

Cruise Control
01-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Cruise Control wins avatar/sig contest hands down <3<3<3I can see your a man of class.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Lufia: The Legend Returns for GBC is the only one I have played. It was a really good game too.

Wolf Kanno
01-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh gawd... the puzzles!!!:eek: I forgot about those (more like trying to forget) they make the puzzles in Zelda look like they were designed for toddlers with down syndrom. I still hate that damn grass puzzle in the Fire Volcano. They keep gowing and you have to use the fire arrows...

lufia
01-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Lufia: The Legend Returns for GBC is the only one I have played. It was a really good game too.

you should really try lufia 2 or 1, its alot better. lufia2 is the best. if any of you guys are planning to play lufia you should start with lufia 2 first since thats where it all begins storywise.

Edit: Anyone know if either game is coming to the Wii's Virtual Console?

no news, but square-enix has brought the lufia franchise and its company taito.

Mercen-X
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Pixel me

Cruise Control
01-23-2007, 07:47 PM
It seems more epic if you play 1 first though. That way you get a sense of how uber Maxim is.