PDA

View Full Version : buy? or nah?

.:kerrod:.
01-22-2007, 10:12 AM
i wanna try this game, but none of the video shops in my area have it. im wondering whether to buy it because i've heard good reports, but mostly bad :(, please tell me opinions, though im sure all im going to get from this board is good reports. I know people's opinions differ, but i just wanna know yours :)

dennenappelke
01-22-2007, 10:32 AM
well I think that Final Fantasy IX is a very good game, because it is really much more a fantasy game then Final Fantasy VIII. If you like some incredibly idiot, but also very funny characters, then you should play it certainly.

The story is a little bit predictable, but it really surprises sometimes so it ain't too predictable.

For me, Final Fantasy IX were by far the most easiest Final Fantasy to beat, but that's before I heard of Hades and Ozma :D

Well I think you should buy it, if you are able to find a shop that sells the game. You probably won't have to pay too much for it so it can't be a huge disaster if you don't like it.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-22-2007, 11:28 AM
If you like Final Fantasies in general then there's no reason why you shouldn't like this. Buy, borrow, or steal :D

Little Blue
01-22-2007, 02:05 PM
...or steal :D

But be sure you have magic stones equipped to Bandit and Master Theif or you might get caught. ;)

This is a great game, one of the best, if not the best in the series. Definitely worth getting.

RiseToFall
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
i wanna try this game, but none of the video shops in my area have it. im wondering whether to buy it because i've heard good reports, but mostly bad :(, please tell me opinions, though im sure all im going to get from this board is good reports. I know people's opinions differ, but i just wanna know yours :)

Where did you hear such nonsense? This is one of the best FF titles you can get.

TheSpoonyBard
01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Buy, definitely. In my opinion, it's the best in the series.

hplvr
01-22-2007, 09:08 PM
definatly buy
its not the BEST ff ever, and its really corny at parts, but the story is good and very easy to follow
and be sure to be patient, the bar fills up VERY slowly for your characters next turn, so be patient

Vivisteiner
01-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Its only the best game ever...so...nah. Dont buy it. :)

Seriously though, this is (like practically all FFs), an amazing game. Ive played VII, VIII, IX and X. I loved them all, but FFIX is the best...just.

If you enjoy FF, youll find that this game captures the heart and soul of Final Fantasy. It would be a heinous crime not to play it. :eek:

vorpal blade
01-22-2007, 10:44 PM
If you don't buy this game, someone will have to smack you.

loza
01-23-2007, 12:29 AM
it's gud!! :D but it depends on what your into... this was the frist 1 i played and i loved it :D

Cruise Control
01-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Don't waste your money. Buy 4.

PuPu
01-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Lots of Originals haters and FF7 & FF8 fanboys I've seen hate this game. But don't listen to them, it's the best of all Second Generation games.

01-23-2007, 01:25 AM
great, thats persuaded me, i'll buy it! i've played IV, VII, VIII, X and X-2 and loved them all (with the exception of X-2, i mean, really, what's up with that?) so it's only fair that i try this ay? ;)

Laddy
01-23-2007, 01:38 AM
Good lad! Go have fun!

Necronopticous
01-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Only buy it if you enjoy pleasure.

01-24-2007, 03:19 AM
well, i hope you're all happy, i bought this because of you! *glares accusingly around the room* im starting it as we speak (i got it off the net, couldn't find it in a store, no surprises there), i shall post my initial verdict in this thread when i have played enough to make an educated opinion :) 'till then

forgotten_fantasy
01-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Who said bad reports.....
I need to know so i can hunt them down.
Anyway yeah... In my opinion it is the best final fantasy game but that is party because it was my first partly because it many fun hours of gameplay and a great story.

robfinalfantasy
01-24-2007, 09:11 PM
I think all Final Fantasy games are good. 9 included.

01-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Who said bad reports.....
I need to know so i can hunt them down.
Anyway yeah... In my opinion it is the best final fantasy game but that is party because it was my first partly because it many fun hours of gameplay and a great story.

swatzlewatt is his username on this, i know him personally, but i dont want to tell you his name, just incase you're a pedophile of sorts :tongue: message him and give him a piece of our mind!

RiseToFall
01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Did you try it out yet?

Crossblades
01-25-2007, 03:07 PM
IX is very fun. You'll enjoy it very much with it's unique cast and great story:)

01-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Did you try it out yet?

i have, but just the start, sorry, i've been busy. I like it so far, but im RIGHT at the start, only in that forest where you have to save that garnet chick.....but its pretty good. As i play furtheri will keep updating, but for now thats it, sorry :(

P.S. i have a couple of new games, so im torn between playing them :p