PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Team?

Zerv
01-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I just started a new FFI File and i wanted to see what other ppl's teams consist of ppl where i live dont play RPG's that much it sucks but my team is

Theif-Seen-3
Warrior-Eric-3
Black Mage-Neewb-3
White Mage-Faith-3

Just started ignore the levels...but is that a good team?

ljkkjlcm9
01-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Warrior, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage is one of the two most common teams. The other being replace the Thief with the Black Belt or Monk or whatever it's called in your version. It's a perfectly good team.

Me however? I prefer physical attacks, especially in the DoS version because all the good spells can be cast from items. And as much as having two of one character can be great, I prefer not to. Therefore my "favorite" party is Warrior, Thief, Black Belt, Red Mage. I just like having different characters, and magic is really not important in FFI. You run out way too fast, and by the time you really "need" it to help out, items can cast them.

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
01-22-2007, 05:43 PM
My composed team

Warrior
Monk
Black Mage
White Mage

boys from the dwarf
01-22-2007, 06:57 PM
my first team was exactly the same as Zerv's.

you cant go wrong with it.

on a second playthrough i used a red mage, monk, white mage and black mage. it works well but could use more physical power. its also expensive because of magic but you have a very powerufl fighter, someone who is good at everything and dont miss out on any of the powerful spells.

fighter
monk
fighter
white mage

or something along those lines will give you loads of power and great healing which is all you need but it could be a bit boring and having two of the same job class is unsightly.

robfinalfantasy
01-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Fighter
Red Mage
Thief
White Mage

Decent physical strength in the beginning, great physical strength in the end.

Bunny
01-22-2007, 07:20 PM
White Mage
Black Mage
Red Mage
White Mage

I find it to be a good mix of physical damage, magical damage, and and over abundence of healing. Standard party consists of Warrior, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage, but that gets boring after awhile.

ljkkjlcm9
01-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Simply put, the Fighter rarely needs healing. A thief has high evasion and needs some healing. Black belts can get hurt a lot, but they have big damage for little upkeep(ie really cheap), and redmage can survive with little healing. White mage needs healing basically everytime it gets hit, as does Black Mage. Basically, unless you have a mage, you really don't need a white mage. A white mage makes it necessary for you to have a white mage. If you don't have magic using classes, the magic a Knight learns at upgrade, and the white magic of a redmage, is more than enough to keep your party of fighting characters alive.

Technically the best party is fighter, fighter, redmage, redmage. I dare anyone to prove to me a faster party to beat the game. Very expensive, but a hell of a power team. You get two casts of the hit all enemies early, as well as two people who can heal. Then after classes, you get two more people who can heal some, and amazing physical damage with all 4, plus magic attack support.

THE JACKEL

arcanedude34
01-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Warrior- Krakel (This is in the ps version)
Black Mage- Syther
White Mage- Lia
Thief- Zi

OR

Red Mage- Lee/Croft

I seriouslt switch between a Thief and Red Mage every time I play, but the names ALWAYS stay the same.

(Don't ask why, I rwally don't know :))

Dr Unne
01-22-2007, 10:32 PM
F/Th/WM/BM. You can use all the good weapons/armor in the game (except nunchucks, who really cares though); you can use all the magic in the game (remembering you only get 3 of 4 spells per level, but at least one spell per level sucks anyways). It's the best way to "experience" the game to its fullest. It's also well-balanced and easy to play, but not TOO easy (i.e. not F/F/F/RM easy).

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
01-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Like in my sig, I primarily use F/WM x2/BM, given that I like to see the pixel of the White Wizard with the Masamune on (Origins).

On the other hand, I'd like to dabble T/RM/Monk/BM, so that I can learn to play FF with reduced White Magic (to the point I can play without it).

Aniyuna
01-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Monks. completely. all the way across. not really though, although it is fun to play around with.

Vermachtnis
01-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Monk
Monk
White Mage
White Mage or Black Mage

Really, really inexpensive. Usually enough money to buy the spells ASAP.

ReloadPsi
01-23-2007, 10:15 AM
The first time I actually finished the game it was Fighter, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage.

My favourite is Fighter, *insert melee-centric class here*, Red Mage, Red Mage.

Martyr
01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
F/Th/WM/BM. You can use all the good weapons/armor in the game (except nunchucks, who really cares though); you can use all the magic in the game (remembering you only get 3 of 4 spells per level, but at least one spell per level sucks anyways). It's the best way to "experience" the game to its fullest.

That sums it up for the "best" party to play the game with.

But if you're looking for the strongest party, then I'd go with F/F/T/RM.

My favorite party is BM/BM/BM/BM, but I'm a nutcase.

Zerv
01-23-2007, 02:29 PM
That sums it up for the "best" party to play the game with.

But if you're looking for the strongest party, then I'd go with F/F/T/RM.

My favorite party is BM/BM/BM/BM, but I'm a nutcase.

Man Blackmages pwn but i tried and i couldnt get thro the game easily with a full Black Wizard army.....it was fairly expensive and diffuicult

black orb
01-24-2007, 12:46 AM
>>> Team Muerte:
BM,BM,BM,BM

Team Stupid:
BB,BB,BB,BB

Team mata zombi:
WM,WM,WM,WM

Black Mage FF1
01-24-2007, 01:23 AM
My personal favorite is Fi/Th/BB/RM.

No weak mages and no repeat of any character. You can use pretty much every weapon/armor in the game and you have all strong characters.

Fun fun party. :cool:

robfinalfantasy
01-24-2007, 02:50 AM
My personal favorite is Fi/Th/BB/RM.

No weak mages and no repeat of any character. You can use pretty much every weapon/armor in the game and you have all strong characters.

Fun fun party. :cool:I know! The Knight, Ninja, & Red Wizard combination is deadly towards the end of the game.

Zeromus
01-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Maybe i change sometimes my parties... but i always make sure to have a Black Mage and a Thief on my party... the other ones have to be an strongest one, and maybe a white mage, but not all the time...

>>> Team Muerte:
BM,BM,BM,BM

Team Stupid:
BB,BB,BB,BB

Team mata zombi:
WM,WM,WM,WM

lol xD!!!...

Look, he seem to be making a Kame Hame ha here... http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy/Party/Before/Black%20Mage%20-%20ICE2.gif

Dr. Acula
01-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Fighter, Black Mage, Monk and (my personal favourite) White Mage will help you finish the game relatively quickly.

FF1BlackMage14
01-31-2007, 07:47 AM
I find it odd when people say "Monk," because then I have to translate it in my mind to "Black Belt."

But, of course, I like to go with the classic Fighter/Theif/WhiteMage/BlackMage. I always noticed, though, that the game automatically starts you out with Fighter/Theif/BlackBelt/RedM. I have yet to try that, but I think I might next.
I don't go for "challenge parties" because, well, I challenge myself in more fun ways. When i was a kid, we would try to push the envelope when it came to leveling, so that we would try to find the lowest possible level to get through a dungeon with. Like, if the strategy guide said that the recommended level for the Marsh Cave was 5-9, we would go with 4. I always remembered the Blue Dragon to be the challenge of the Mirage Tower/Floating Castle. It was a miracle if we even reached Tiamat. But, the game was 50 times more exciting for us, and seeing those ending title screens and hearing that music was so much more fulfilling. Now, I find it difficult to push myself quite that far, but I still do it to a certain extent.

thehodgepodge37
02-03-2007, 09:39 PM
My party consists of this:

Warrior/Knight (named Krackel)
Red Mage/Wizard (named Dante)
White Mage/Wizard (named Ashlyn)
Black Mage/Wizard (named Nuke)

arcanedude34
02-04-2007, 02:41 AM
My party consists of this:

Warrior/Knight (named Krackel)
Red Mage/Wizard (named Dante)
White Mage/Wizard (named Ashlyn)
Black Mage/Wizard (named Nuke)

THOSE ARE MY NAMES AND YOU KNOW IT.

lol

EDIT- Well, mostly krakel and ashlyn, but whatever. You're just uncreative qu-chow. Nyah:quina:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-04-2007, 07:42 PM
I had that party aswell except the names I gave them didn't suck

Zeromus_X
02-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Warrior, Red Mage, Monk, and White Mage is my favorite combination. The Monk is interchangeable for a Thief depending on how I feel that game.

No.78
02-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Red Mage, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage

'Gilgamesh'
02-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Usually

-Fighter
-Thief
-Black Mage
-White Mage

Tabris
02-05-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm playing through the game for the first time, and I chose Warrior, Monk, Red Mage and White Mage. Seems to work nicely, although I haven't really got anything to compare it with.

Fireblade13
02-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I've never beaten the game with a black mage. I love them to death and his evil sarcastic 8 bit nukes but in the end the Redmage provides all neccesary Black magic with better everything else. one fighter is almost a must for the ultimate party. Between BB and Thief it's gotta be up to how many RM's I have. If I have like one redmage and no BM I gotta give myself some Black magic buffs from the ninja. Otherwise I'm fine with the BB but do you really need that much damage? WELL DUH! YES!!!!!!!!

Hazzard
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Can someone tell me whats the difference between red mage and black mage, because i havent played ff1 before

Frostwake
02-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Technically the best party is fighter, fighter, redmage, redmage. I dare anyone to prove to me a faster party to beat the game. Very expensive, but a hell of a power team. You get two casts of the hit all enemies early, as well as two people who can heal. Then after classes, you get two more people who can heal some, and amazing physical damage with all 4, plus magic attack support.

That or 3 fighters + 1 red mage... Spot on.. Red mage has all the useful spells like FAST/HASTE, CURE3, SHIELD2/FOG2, INV2, FIRE3, LIT3 and still manages to get nice swords and armor... That party should at least breeze through the first half of the game, provided you buy all the best equipment

ALTHOUGH the single most power party is obviously 3 BB + 1 Red mage, since BB at higher level kill anything in one hit, specially with Haste... But I hate BBs and I think they are broken/lame (Square did a nice job at nerfing them for the DOS version)

Can someone tell me whats the difference between red mage and black mage, because i havent played ff1 before

Well, Red mage even after class upgrade doesnt have acess to level 8 spells, or most of the useful lvl 7 ones.. Plus Red mages get spells slower and never get the full 9/9/9/9/9/9/9/9 charges even at level 50... Its irrelevant though since they cant use lvl 8 spells anyway :P
The good thing about Red mages is they can use much better armor and weapons, AND use both black and white magic to boot, making them a powerhouse

The black mage
02-07-2007, 09:27 PM

Well, Red mage even after class upgrade doesnt have acess to level 8 spells, or most of the useful lvl 7 ones.. Plus Red mages get spells slower and never get the full 9/9/9/9/9/9/9/9 charges even at level 50... Its irrelevant though since they cant use lvl 8 spells anyway :P
The good thing about Red mages is they can use much better armor and weapons, AND use both black and white magic to boot, making them a powerhouse[/QUOTE]
true but the red mage never hits as hard with the magic as the black mage.
But I have to be a parot and say my party is a F/T/Wm/Bm party. The only chalange i've tried is to do a F/BM, basicaly i've only been playing DOS (can't find orgins or origanal), and i've just never bothered.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I ran 2 Warriors, White MAge, Black MAge.