PDA

View Full Version : Monty Python!!

loza
01-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Monty Python!! you know john clesse,terry gilliam,graham chapman... etc

do u love it? i love Monty Python's flying circus (the original series) MORE than the films ^_^:greenie:

Odaisé Gaelach
01-23-2007, 01:09 AM
I really didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Monty Python's Flying Circus is absolutely brilliant. :love:

blim
01-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Life of brian (obviously) and Live at hollywood bowl are my faves

Renmiri
01-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Life of Brian, Holy Grail, everything!!!

vorpal blade
01-23-2007, 08:55 AM
I'd insert a funny quote here, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Still quite brilliantly funny.

Little Blue
01-23-2007, 09:02 AM
I've only seen the films, but I think they're great and I want to see the series too.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 12:41 PM

You.. don't know the names of the other two, do you?

Monty Python is good people.

Laddy
01-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I don't want any of that, I just want TO SING!!!

Jebus
01-23-2007, 02:46 PM

Three. Other three.

In any case:

Nine out of ten British housewives cannot tell the difference between Whizzo butter and a dead crab.

Remember, buy Whizzo butter and go to heaven. *angelic chorus*

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I've seen some of their best sketches and found them quite funny. But I have to admit that the Life of Brian was absolute sh*t

Bunny
01-23-2007, 03:00 PM

Three. Other three.

In any case:

Nine out of ten British housewives cannot tell the difference between Whizzo butter and a dead crab.

Remember, buy Whizzo butter and go to heaven. *angelic chorus*

Argh. I always forget about Palin.

blim
01-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I've seen some of their best sketches and found them quite funny. But I have to admit that the Life of Brian was absolute sh*t

Are you mad, it was hilarious.

jrgen
01-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Life of Brian was the pinnacle of their careers. Holy Grail and the Flying Circus were both great and the Meaning of Life was overall quite boring

Breine
01-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I love "Life of Brian" and "The Search for the Holy Grail". Those are pure comedy classics :)

Old Manus
01-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Wenn ist das Nunstrück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Captain Maxx Power
01-23-2007, 05:22 PM
In this film we hope to show how not to be seen. This is Mr. E.R. Bradshaw of Napier Court, Black Lion Road London SE5. He can not be seen. Now I am going to ask him to stand up. Mr. Bradshaw will you stand up please

*In the distance Mr Bradshaw stands up. There is a loud gunshot as Mr Bradshaw is shot in the stomach. He crumples to the ground*

This demonstrates the value of not being seen.

Little Blue
01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
In this film we hope to show how not to be seen. This is Mr. E.R. Bradshaw of Napier Court, Black Lion Road London SE5. He can not be seen. Now I am going to ask him to stand up. Mr. Bradshaw will you stand up please

*In the distance Mr Bradshaw stands up. There is a loud gunshot as Mr Bradshaw is shot in the stomach. He crumples to the ground*

That made me lol. :p

As to which is the best, I've never seen the flying circus (I think), but I think the meaning of life is the best. The Life of Brian and Holy Grail were also fairly good.

Laddy
01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Shlarney Varney Shlarney!

I Don't Need A Name
01-23-2007, 11:12 PM
ahh yes, the Whizzo's chocolate assortment.
first there is the cherry fondou, very nasty, but we cant prosecute for that...

you see, they have learned the first lesson of not being seen...never stand up

Holy Lancer
02-24-2007, 06:43 AM
I love Monty Python I own all 18 DVDs with all the episodes. Not many people know how brilliant monty Python is. I love the Cheese Shop sketch, Dennis Moore, and the World's Funniest Joke.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-25-2007, 07:16 PM
I think the only Python troupe member that hasn't been mentioned is Eric Idle.

Anyway, isn't Graham the dead one?

But anyway, I've only seen Life of Brian and Holy Grail. Here are the best segments from each one, in my opinion:

<i>Life of Brian</i>

Jewish Official: I'm warning you. If you say 'Jehovah' once more--
[Mrs. A. throws a rock at the Jewish Official]
Jewish Official: Right. Who threw that stone? Come on. Who threw that?
Crowd: She did! It was her! [suddenly speaking as men] He! He. Him. Him. Him. Him. Him. Him.
Jewish Official: Was it you?
Mrs. A.: Yes.
Jewish Official: Right...
Mrs. A.: Well, you did say 'Jehovah.'
Crowd: Ah! Ooh!...
[Crowd throws rocks at Mrs. A.]
Jewish Official (stamping up and down): Stop! Stop, will you?! Stop that! Stop it! Now, look! No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle! Do you understand?! Even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say 'Jehovah.'
Crowd: Ooh...!
[Jewish Official gets stoned to death]

BarelySeeAtAll
02-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Monty Python and the holy grail (sp?) made me lmao!!!!
though it did get tedious, so i got a bit bored lol

Elite Lord Sigma
02-27-2007, 11:28 AM

Ah, is this the sketch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ) that you're quoting from, Maxx?

ChakramsVII
03-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Hmmmm my friend showed me some random monty python sketches, no idea which one its from, a sketch about a dead parrot, HELLO POLLY.

if you hadnt nailed its feet to the perch it'd be pushing up the daisies!

it is a late parrot!

made me giggle....:chuckle:

Firo Volondé
03-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Damn! Why must the British be so good at comedy... *shakes fist*. I love the bridge and HHG scenes from Holy Grail, "Biggus Dickus", "Bwian", and the last song from Life of Brian, and just about everything from Flying Circus. :lol:

Agrias
03-23-2007, 11:44 PM
monty python was one of my favorite shows. My mom and i would sit on the couch in the afternoons and watch the reruns together. ha! best memories ever with that show.

Riana
03-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Holy Grail and Flying Circus are my favourites.

You can't forget Sir Robin. :D

Araciel
03-27-2007, 05:20 PM
well of course i love monty python...i'm a geek so i have to

holy grail/meaning of life/life of brian