PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day!

Avarice-ness
01-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Everyonce in a while it seems like I just fade away from posting on EoFF, but then there's always that Glorious day when I just feel the need to post like a crazy-praying-mantis because I missed all the antics.

Then I realized, I do that with alot of things. EoFF is just a fun example. n n

So how long can you stay away from here with out feeling the want to post something and/or how long does something that normally has your interest take to get your interest back, like games or movies or books and what not? If anything, talk about how things get your interests back. :razz:

Renmiri
01-23-2007, 01:23 AM
It varies... LAtely I hve posted a lot. :D

Shlup
01-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Uh, I dunno. I usually don't think about it.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-23-2007, 01:27 AM
sometimes i feel that way

Fonzie
01-23-2007, 01:29 AM
Thought it was one of those "I just hit puberty!" type of threads =/

XxSephirothxX
01-23-2007, 01:31 AM
I don't leave. EoFF is my heroin, and someday my arms will wither and die from overuse and I will disappear forever.

Pike
01-23-2007, 01:35 AM
I tend to disappear from most forums for months or even years at a time. Kinda odd, really. It doesn't matter how hard I try to stay active at a forum or whatever, I will lose interest in it (or get busy with other stuff) and randomly disappear for several months, or possibly even for good. I'm silly that way. =P

It's like that for me with other things, too. Books, video games, etc. I rarely finish the books that I start and I rarely finish the video games that I start. Or sometimes I'll come back to them months or years later to finish them. No real motivation to do so, really. So yeah.

Mikztsu
01-23-2007, 01:49 AM
For me it took a couple of years.

I don't leave. EoFF is my heroin, and someday my arms will wither and die from overuse and I will disappear forever.

Yeah, it was mine too, untill I heard about this brand new drug called Final Fantasy 11. Man, that trip was totally awesome and totally made me forget about EoFF. Absolutely groovy vibes that made me one with the rainbow.

It's just that I overdosed myself with FFXI, which is impossible with EoFF so here I am.

NeoCracker
01-23-2007, 03:16 AM
The Day I stop posting either EoFF is dead, or both me and EoFF are dead.

If I'm going to die before EoFF, I'll be sure to take it with me.

Leeza
01-23-2007, 03:28 AM
I don't feel the need to post everyday. However, I do have to check in every day to make sure that the rest of you are being nice. :)

Other things I really don't think about. I just do what I want to do when I want to. If there is something that I really like to do, I don't ever just stop doing it. Like reading. I read all the time; some days I just read less than other days. :cat:

black orb
01-23-2007, 03:29 AM
>>> Sometimes I leave for a month or two.. when I come back I see lots of new members, banned people and stuff..

fire_of_avalon
01-23-2007, 03:49 AM

Uhh, you can dictate. Derp.

I work here. I can't get bored.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 03:50 AM
foa works here. I can't get bored.

Christmas
01-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Devil Man had a lot of opinions when it came to "I AM LEAVING" and "I AM BACK" stuffs.

Denmark
01-23-2007, 04:18 AM
i don't post that often nowadays, though in the past i've gone through stretches of high activity. usually those occur around ciddies time, with very little to show for it. :<x>D

and my longest stretch of inactivity is probably about a year to a year and a half, from late 2001 to just after either eoy 2002 ciddies or june 2003 ciddies. (i remember this from del murder's "fifth best member" custom title at the time and i thought he was cool because i confused him with del snizz. now i know he's cool for other reasons of course :shifty:)

Martyr
01-23-2007, 05:07 AM
I post here when life is kinda hectic, because splurging out nonsense and talking about things that don't make me think too hard, like FF1 and my favorite sandwich or whatever, helps me relax. It's a huge stress reliver, posting on forums and playing the nostalgic games from my past. Gets my mind off everything.

Eventually, I'll stop coming here altogether, when some things turn around, and disappear until I come to another rocky spot where I don't know what to do. Then I'll turn to this nonsense, because I am permanently bound to escapism, or so it seems.

Agent Proto
01-23-2007, 05:16 AM
I am currently doing that...

DAMMIT, WHY DID I HAVE TO START POSTING AGAIN!?

Ki Ki
01-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Whenever I see,
Who's Online:
Christmas+

I just CAN NOT resist!!!11 >___________<

Jowy
01-23-2007, 05:42 AM
Forum activity is overrated yet oh so addicting.

Tasura
01-23-2007, 01:12 PM
I disappear from the internet sometimes, for weeks or months, but not really, I jsut disappear from #eoff and MSN/AIM then someone or something drags me back in, and then the cycle starts over.

Mikztsu
01-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah, of course people tend to get new addicitions which are more fun than their previous ones for the moment. I get addicted on good games easily, and I always put fun first no matter what. If I find doing something else fun, I won't post EoFF just because of an obligation or anything.

Thing about EoFF is though, that this was my first ever online community/family and I have a lot history and nostalgia here which is why I always seem to come back.

Reles
01-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't say I've ever gone in a posting frenzy, though I do enjoy reading the through the threads but not responding. There are some days, like the weekends that I kind of disappear on.

Christmas
01-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Whenever I see,
Who's Online:
Christmas+

:kaoclove:

Shauna
01-23-2007, 05:10 PM
I go through times when I don't feel like posting much, but I browse around. :D

Jess
01-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I post pretty much everyday, but not so much weekends - because that is when I'm visiting my boyfriend, or he is visiting me from University. :jess:

escobert
01-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't leave.

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2007, 05:41 PM
It varies... LAtely I hve posted a lot. :D

You're just here for me. We both know it.

My interests come and go all the time. I have no control over them. But damnit I wanna play FF9. I really wish that interest would come back again.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Whenever I see,
Who's Online:
Christmas+

like seriously

Rocket Edge
01-23-2007, 07:02 PM
I go online most days, when i do i usually post a bit. I love the forum's and seeing how everyone's doing, and you could call that a staying factor in EoFF, because the people i see posting are the people i either recognise or know, so it's all good.

Chloe.
01-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I come on here like every day, but some days I'll only post about once or twice, like today for example. =D Or sometimes I just like to browse through threads and read all the posts. :bigsmile:

Sergeant Hartman
01-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I come on here like every day, but some days I'll only post about once or twice, like today for example. =D Or sometimes I just like to browse through threads and read all the posts. :bigsmile:
Chloe cannot stay away! :hat: