PDA

View Full Version : Why new members?

Fonzie
01-23-2007, 03:40 AM
Why do new members always insist on getting themselves banned on their first week of membership? Seems like a stupid way of gaining attention. New members are like exploding terroists, they take too many people with them.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 03:42 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about. I have never been banned my first week.

It takes at least two.

Christmas
01-23-2007, 03:43 AM
LOL. SECOND ACCOUNTS.

escobert
01-23-2007, 03:43 AM
This is pretty much the only message board I really go to and I'm not banned yet. This was also my first forumnessthingy

black orb
01-23-2007, 03:44 AM
>>> They want to be part of the banned members Hall of Fame..

blackmage_nuke
01-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Because they are musical and want to be part of the band!
Oh thats right, I went there.

-

DarkLadyNyara
01-23-2007, 03:59 AM
In group of humans, there will be a signifigant number of idiots. EoFF is no exception. So what happens is that with every batch of newbies, there are smart people who don't draw too much attention to themselves, and idiots who do. The idiots, being idiots, get banned fairly quickly, hence the skewed perspective you seem to have on newbies. With the exception of those who join purely to advertise, first-week bannings are comparitivly rare.

That, or they're second accounts. ;)

Vermachtnis
01-23-2007, 04:05 AM
I have never been banned, but mostly because I get bored and leave before I do something *too* stupid. Also, the people that get banned like that are too cool for the rules XD

Denmark
01-23-2007, 04:10 AM
because they are inherently n00bs
and everyone knows n00bs == dumb evaluates to true
.'. they == dumb yields true

oddler
01-23-2007, 04:33 AM
This is pretty much the only message board I really go to and I'm not banned yet. This was also my first forumnessthingy

That but with a period on the end. :p

Dr Aum
01-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Thinking that new members tend to be stupid is a logical flaw. What is really happening is that only non-stupid (I use this word loosely) members stay around long enough not to be considered new anymore.

We call this natural selection.

Shlup
01-23-2007, 04:39 AM
A large chunk of them are second accounts, and we tend to find those quickly. Aside from that, the strictness of this forum makes is kinda sink or swim.

Raistlin
01-23-2007, 04:42 AM
Though fatties like Shlup just float.

oddler
01-23-2007, 04:43 AM
I think that technically counts as swimming given the standards.

Shlup
01-23-2007, 04:44 AM
I'd rather float on my fat than have to strap water wings to my spaghetti arms. :aimmad:

Bubblekin
01-23-2007, 04:46 AM
We call this natural selection.

I like that. :up:

Leeza
01-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Raistlin got pwned. :)

Yeah, a lot of these so called newbies are really banned members who just cannot seem to let go. :)

Bunny
01-23-2007, 04:50 AM
What is the policy on making a second account and not getting in trouble for it? Aside from, of course, the second account getting banned? Do you get a warning with your primary account? Or is it generally viewed as "lol that was funny"?

I am writing a book and the answer to this question could decide whether or not it is a 35 chapter book or a 36 chapter book.

Shlup
01-23-2007, 05:13 AM
Whether or not they get a warning, they do generally get on the staff's "annoying twit" list.

Raistlin
01-23-2007, 05:53 AM
I'd rather float on my fat than have to strap water wings to my spaghetti arms. :aimmad:

Your husband is skinnier than I am, by my recollections. :p

Btw, is it me or ed that holds the record for being on the Annoying list the longest?

Chemical
01-23-2007, 05:54 AM
It's always you Raistlin. Always.

In fact I'm pretty sure I heard rumours that they're changing the name of the "Annoying Twit List" to the "Raistlin List."

---

On topic:

Does it really matter -why- the newbies get banned? No one really misses them anyways.
I'm actually surpised anyone even notices when another one bites Shlup's boot.

Shlup
01-23-2007, 05:58 AM

Aren't you taller though?

And I've seen pictures of you. He may be thin but at least he has some muscle. You're all skin and tendons.

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Why does everybody always have to ride my behind?
I don't fancy this site to the point I would reconstitute a second account if I get banned. Or I whould say, WHEN I get banned.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 06:04 AM

Aren't you taller though?

And I've seen pictures of you. He may be thin but at least he has some muscle. You're all skin and tendons.

Thus the name.

Shlup
01-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Dear Kenji,

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

Sincerily,
Everyone

NeoCracker
01-23-2007, 06:05 AM
What is the policy on making a second account and not getting in trouble for it? Aside from, of course, the second account getting banned? Do you get a warning with your primary account? Or is it generally viewed as "lol that was funny"?

I am writing a book and the answer to this question could decide whether or not it is a 35 chapter book or a 36 chapter book.

I've gotten a warning for my two second accounts. The first one came right off as stating it was a second acount.

The Second won a thread, hence its awesomeness ensured my stay.

If your second account is pimpin, you'll get away with it.

And yes Leeza, my mind has discarded your warnings and replaced them with praise.

Still, how the hell is it always Leeza to give my serious Warnings? One EoEO ban and both Second accounts?

Shlup
01-23-2007, 06:06 AM
Everytime someone has to be mean we all call "Leeza!" and then she comes and we go back to playing cards.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Leeza likes to ride your [butt], cornycracka.:jokey:

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Dear Kenji,

Sincerily,
Everyone

Since when did you get acquainted with EVERYONE?
You don't even have enough time to go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning refreshed.

This thread was obviously made to spite me.

Shlup
01-23-2007, 06:13 AM
KENJI I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO BAN YOU JUST TO SEE HOW SPITED YOU CAN BE.

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 06:14 AM
Why does everybody always have to ride my behind?
I don't fancy this site to the point I would reconstitute a second account if I get banned. Or I should say, WHEN I get banned.[/QUOTE]

I really need to work on my English grammar. It's not my native language.

Raistlin
01-23-2007, 06:17 AM

I knew you posted about BJ's weight before, so I did a search. BJ is <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1315565&postcount=10">5'11" and 125 pounds</a>. I'm 5'9", 140. oh snap :cool:

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Leeza likes to ride your [butt], cornycracka.:jokey:

If Leeza is sexy...then I don't have a problem with that. Giddy up.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Dear Kenji,

Sincerily,
Everyone

You don't even have enough time to go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning refreshed.

This entire forum is dedicated to your memory and honor, Mr. Longaway. Did you not recieve the memo? I will fire my secretary for her indiscretions.

NeoCracker
01-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Dear Kenji,

Sincerily,
Everyone

Hello Kenji, the names Everyone. I'm sorry for having Shlup post that for me, but I didn't want all teh other posters to know I had such a silly name.

Shlup
01-23-2007, 06:20 AM

I knew you posted about BJ's weight before, so I did a search. BJ is <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1315565&postcount=10">5'11" and 125 pounds</a>. I'm 5'9", 140. oh snap :cool:

You're 5'9"?? And, like, 15, right? You just get smaller and smaller...

You're still skinnier than BJ; you just weigh more.

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Dear Kenji,

Sincerily,
Everyone

Hello Kenji, the names Everyone. I'm sorry for having Shlup post that for me, but I didn't want all teh other posters to know I had such a silly name.

This isn't BET. And your not Dave Chappelle.

Oh, and Bunny? I have a rabbit cooking on the stove, so I better go check on it. Last time he burned. I like Cajun, though.

Raistlin
01-23-2007, 06:26 AM
You're still skinnier than BJ; you just weigh more.

No wonder you always lose debates with me in EoEO. :rolleyes2

NeoCracker
01-23-2007, 06:28 AM
This isn't BET. And your not Dave Chappelle.

What?

Yamaneko
01-23-2007, 06:29 AM
I don't think there's a sea dead enough for Shlup to float on.

Shlup
01-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Since fat floats and sexy sinks, I'll take that as a compliment.

Yamaneko
01-23-2007, 06:36 AM
Weight still sinks.

Mirage
01-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Dear Kenji,

Sincerily,
Everyone

You're a bit paranoid. Let it go.

boys from the dwarf
01-23-2007, 07:35 AM
very paranoid.

i didn't even notice you existed until this thread. theres nothing against you here.

Nearly everyone was once a noob but once you get past that stage of newness, you'll eventually be accepted. i dont look down on noobs unless they type stupid pointless things and will obviously get banned.

a lot of members were never really noobs. they just sort of joined and didn't make a big fuss about it and in a few months they become some of the more well known members.

Mikztsu
01-23-2007, 01:13 PM
You guys don't get it. He's Loony BoB's second account, trolling around and such, looking to be banned.

Nobody else would use that FUGLY chocobo avatar. I mean, liek, seriously.

Christmas
01-23-2007, 02:41 PM
This thread really went downhill after a few posts. :(

Bunny
01-23-2007, 02:59 PM
LOL. SECOND ACCOUNTS.

It was this one!

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Bunny is a second account. Apprently...

Bunny
01-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Actually, I am.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-23-2007, 03:06 PM
No, I mean really

Nightmare of darkness
01-23-2007, 03:16 PM
how do you get band any way?

blim
01-23-2007, 03:19 PM
how do you get band any way?

Seems to me post anything even vaguely off topic when Leeza is around

Nightmare of darkness
01-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally Bespoken by Nightmare of darkness
QUOTE]how do you get band any way?
Seems to me post anything even vaguely off topic when Leeza is around
[/QUOTE]

ty

Bunny
01-23-2007, 03:47 PM
No, I mean really

Yes, really. I have openly admitted, on many an occasion, that this is my second account.

You get banned by doing something that isn't smart. It is very easy to avoid being banned.

Aoria Macwere
01-23-2007, 04:04 PM
I haven't been banned!!!. :jess: But I just joined, geeez!!.

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2007, 05:29 PM

You should made a newbie thread where everyone's nice and friendly! It's the only chance you'll get to see them like that!

And most new people don't seem to:
A) Read the rules.
B) Understand the rules.
C) be incredibly Stupid.
C) Have any concept of "rules".

It's the typical RUSH situation.

ReloadPsi
01-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Well let's face it: Among the FF fanbase, there are some damn annoying fanboys who just ask for it. Evidently they're not yet ready to stray from gamewinners.com or Gaia Online.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 06:07 PM

You should made a newbie thread where everyone's nice and friendly! It's the only chance you'll get to see them like that!

A) Read the rules.
B) Understand the rules.
C) be incredibly Stupid.

"Don't seem to be incredibly stupid"

Roto13
01-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Dear Kenji,

Sincerily,
Everyone

Who let you down from your cross?

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
"Don't seem to be incredibly stupid"

Exactly. Damnit.

Vikeve
01-23-2007, 08:51 PM

Exactly the same here.

Psychotic
01-23-2007, 09:27 PM
A large chunk of them are second accounts, and we tend to find those quickly. Says the woman who didn't want me to ban Genji's second account because she said it was an innocent noob.

Chemical
01-23-2007, 09:38 PM

A) Read the rules.
B) Understand the rules.
C) be incredibly Stupid.

I'm glad to see you know your alphabet.

Evastio
01-23-2007, 09:44 PM
It's probably because they don't want to follow the forum rules. :mad:

Bunny
01-23-2007, 09:59 PM

A) Read the rules.
B) Understand the rules.
C) be incredibly Stupid.

I'm glad to see you know your alphabet.

Woo, we are doubleteaming Quin, Chemical. And not even the sexy kind of doubleteam.

Quindiana Jones
01-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Damn I meant to change that. This is not going well for me at all. I say ban Chemical and/or Shlup. No real reason, I just think it'd be funny. Especially when Shlup gets unbanned. That'd be Hell.

Chemical
01-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Not going to happen little man.

:cool:

Seriously, who would have the chutzpah to ban me?

Quindiana Jones
01-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I only say these things because I love you and don't want anyone to figure it out. I'd die inside if you were banned. ;)

But with Shlup it's just because she's so cool when she's all mad and insult-y. :bigsmile:

Chemical
01-24-2007, 05:43 PM
I kind of don't hate you too.

:love:

Quindiana Jones
01-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Score. *dances*

Do I get the sexy kind of doubleteam from you and Bunny now?

Yamaneko
01-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Get back on topic or I'll ban the lot of you!

Leeza
01-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Come on, guys. Stick to the topic. We have a PM system, in case you forgot. :cat:

EDIT: Yams! You gave me a shock! What are you doing working? :)

Quindiana Jones
01-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Ooooooh you bitch!

What's the topic again? Oh yeah...new members. I like it when new members are really cool and funny and great. Though that's kind of obvious, because nobody likes unlikable people.

EDIT: Leeza dear, please stay on topic. ;)

starseeker
01-24-2007, 06:48 PM
I think a lot of people get banned in their first week is that they don't read the rules, start fights and have no shame. Only forum I've been on before here was Neopets and that was insanely strict. Made me into a good little forum junkie. (When I can control my temper)