PDA

View Full Version : Fullhouse

Chemical
01-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Saying there are too many children is like saying there are too many flowers

16 kids - <a href="http://www.duggarfamily.com/">Duggar Family</a>
16 kids - <a href="http://tlc.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=3&cpi=55654&gid=0&channel=TLC">Heppner Family</a>

A friend of mine who lives in Chicago also has a big family. 14 kids. 7 brothers, 6 sisters.

And another friend of mine from back in my home town was in a family of 9.

----------

I personally have one older half brother and one older half sister; but both of them are so much older that I grew up as a single child pretty much... As a single child my head swims with the prospect of of living with so many other people.

Do you have a big family? What's your impression of large families? Would you like a big family?

... I always thought, when I was young of course, that I would love a big family.. maybe 8 kids. As I got older that changed to 5 and these days it's 0... birthing that is. I think that I might still like a big family, but I'd imagine all of them being adopted.

Yamaneko
01-23-2007, 06:27 AM
I have two brothers, six immediate cousins, two aunts, and two uncles. I've spent most of my life prior to going it alone with the nuclear family (four). I don't think I'd like a big family. I'd like to chose when I'd be around a lot of people. A big family would mean I would always have to be around a lot of people and that could get tricky in a decent-sized house. Educators don't make a lot of money.

Pike
01-23-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm the oldest of six kids-- eight of us total in my family. Certainly not as big as some of the ones you mentioned, but still rather large. Do I have any particularly bad memories of the big family? No, we all love each other and get along great. Things have always been fun, perhaps in part because there were a lot of us.

Do I want a large family of my own? NO. XD The first 20 years of my life were spent in a constant state of having huge messes everywhere and a crying baby in the house/car/wherever. I don't think I could handle that again. xP

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Educators don't make a lot of money.

Now here I thought it was just the students.

NeoCracker
01-23-2007, 06:33 AM
My Grandma had 12 kids. That is way to much.

If I ever had kids, after the second I'm getting fixed.

LunarWeaver
01-23-2007, 06:33 AM
I only have one older brother and it's just us. I'm glad I grew up that way. I wouldn't really want any more siblings. Another sibling would just mess up my dynamic and make me into Jan Brady.

Xaven
01-23-2007, 06:38 AM
I have 2 brothers and an older sister making it a family of at one point 6, later 5, later 4, and now 5 again. It's alright, though I always wanted to be an only child or have my sister be my only sibling.

I have 13 cousins. One family (my step-mother's sister's) has 5 kids. For about half of a year, all 7 of them were all crammed into a one-bedroom, one-bathroom house. Ouch.

I wish to only have one or two children. I'm not too big of a fan of gigantic families.

41-Inches-Wide
01-23-2007, 07:04 AM
I AM MARRIED WITH 6 KIDS, WE HAVE AN ONLY BOY AS WELL AS 5 DAUGHTERS MY YOUNGEST GIRL IS BY FAR THE PRETTIEST THING IN THE WORLD WE NAMED HER AICHA.
I LOVE MY BIG FAMILY, MY WIFE THINKS SO TOO. THEY HELP WITH THE CORN HARVEST.

theundeadhero
01-23-2007, 07:06 AM
I have five sisters of various degrees and more cousins than I can remember the names of.

Jojee
01-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Dear <i>god</i> NO.

For me, it'll be 0 or 1 kids. Those are the only options. >;o Imagine being pregnant and childbirth that many times, god that must feel <i>awful</i>. Then again, some woman like being pregnant all the time cos' they get attention I read. ._. But anyway, wayyy too many kids. Kids are annoying. :3

I grew up in a family of 2 kids. Still too many. XD Poor parents.

NeoCracker
01-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Dear <i>god</i> NO.

For me, it'll be 0 or 1 kids. Those are the only options. >;o Imagine being pregnant and childbirth that many times, god that must feel <i>awful</i>. Then again, some woman like being pregnant all the time cos' they get attention I read. ._. But anyway, wayyy too many kids. Kids are annoying. :3

The more of your posts I read the more I love you.

41-Inches-Wide
01-23-2007, 07:34 AM
I STILL THINK IT'S VERY LONELY TO GROW UP IN CHINA.

Miriel
01-23-2007, 07:48 AM
I'd rather have a big family than a little family. I don't know what it's like to be an only child, but I imagine it's not nearly as fun as having siblings around. I'd rather have siblings (even though we fight) than have no siblings at all. Cause most of my best childhood memories revolve around my brother and my two cousins (we're all relatively the same age). We had some hi-laaaaarious times together. And we still do.

My parents both had 4 other siblings which means I have a lot of uncles and aunts and cousins! Oh man, I love my cousins. We have fun times together.

So I want to have a decently sized family of my own. Maybe four kids. Definitely more than one though.

Yamaneko
01-23-2007, 07:52 AM
I think one's perspective changes when they're the parent. You definitely have to have the mindset to be the parent of a large family. Less devotion to your professional life, etc.

NorthernChaosGod
01-23-2007, 09:02 AM
I have two younger siblings and dozens of close cousins. I wanted less people in my family. -_-

Little Blue
01-23-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm an only child and can't standing living with large numbers of people, even if they're my own family, so I dunno if I'll have a family when I'm older, definitely not a large family at any rate :p

Rye
01-23-2007, 11:10 AM
A pretty small family, just my Mom, Dad, Brother and I. Even that's a bit too big for me. xD

Jess
01-23-2007, 11:16 AM
I have one brother but 6 aunties and 1 uncle. I have 15 cousins, so my family is fairly big.

I wouldn't want a huge family, I'd like 3 children, I think! :jess:

Bunny
01-23-2007, 12:36 PM
My mother has one sibling who has one son and a wife that was an only child. My mother had three sons, of which I am the second oldest. Neither of my brothers have produced any offspring (and I kinda doubt they will anytime soon). My grandmother had one sister and one brother, they had one child and two children respectively. My great aunt's daughter has one son and one daughter and my great uncle has.. uh.. I don't know. We don't talk very much. He lives in Michigan.

My family is fairly small. But spread the hell out.

Because of certain opinions of myself and my ability to be a father, I doubt I will have more than one kid. Maybe two. It really all depends on the way I feel about whoever decides to be insane enough to try and have kids with me.

Tasura
01-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I am an only child, but Ive got a huge family outside of my own. Two of my great-grandfathers had 23 and 24 kids, with 2 wives, then each of those 47 had between 6 and 12, and each of those 282 - 564 had between 1 and 8. Which leaves me with a lot of family. And that huge family is spread out over the world, literally, Ireland, Scotland, France, Canada, probably the USA. Also, this is just my mothers side.

Christmas
01-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Mr Piggywiggy used to have 53 brothers, 34 sisters, 23 nephews and 79 cousins until Mr Butcher appear. :(

Odaisé Gaelach
01-23-2007, 01:50 PM
No. There is no way that I'm going to sit with my wife through labour seven times while she's in agony and slowly twists my fingers off.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 01:55 PM
But Odaisé, after that experience, you get to spend a bunch of money making sure your house is child-safe! And then you get to change dirty diapers! And feed it! And clean up the mess it makes when it completely rejects your attempts at feeding it. And oh! Oh the best part. Waking up at one in the morning to a screaming child that cannot go to sleep for no discernable reason whatsoever.

Man, parenthood sounds lovely.

Nominus Experse
01-23-2007, 03:14 PM
I am never going to plan my insanity in such a method. There are far superior methods of acquiring insanity, some instantly I might add.

I am not going to watch my wife became a beached, bloated, aching vessel for a small, helpless... thing. This thing will immediately begin draining our reserves, not only in the sense of money, but time, emotion, and will.

I will pay all this, to have the thing :skull::skull::skull::skull: all over me, pull on things like my hair and expensive art and decorations, break things for no reasons, create noise for the simple reason of just creating it, whine and complain, throw tantrums, et cetera et cetera.

And then have another one of these furies? Oh, seven more, perhaps more...

Although I enjoy the act of creating babies, I am never going to father one - PERIOD.

Jowy
01-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I have four half-sisters I never see. My family's always been my mother, grandfather, and grandmother. Recently though, my only family seems to be my grandmother.

Breine
01-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I have an older brother who will soon turn 27, and I'm 18 myself... so, he's not lived at home for quite some years, which means I was kind of an only child in that specific period of time. 3 years ago I got a foster sister, who is 11 now, and because of that things got a little more active around the house.

Anyway, I'm glad about the situation I'm in when it comes to siblings - because I truly think it's very healthy to grow up with siblings, but a house can also get too crowded.

EDIT: I have no grandparents left and one of my aunts commited suicide, but I do have 5 uncles, 3 aunts, 11 cousins and then almost all of my cousins have 1-4 children... so, my family is pretty big and spread all over the world (Denmark, Sweden, Germany, USA, Norway and Thailand).

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I come from somewhere between a small to mid-size family. I have an older sister. From there I have one paternal aunt, three maternal uncles and one maternal aunt. As far as being close, my dad's sister and one of my mom's brothers are the only ones I am close to, though my cousins from other aunts and uncles I am close to too.

On my dad's side there are four grandchildren, including me and my sister, so we kinda all grew up close to each other. The biggest age difference was 7 years between me (the youngest) and my cousin (oldest). I am close to a lot of my grandmother's siblings and some of their children.

On my mom's side, I forget how many of them there are of us. The oldest is like 31. Then I grew up with my 2 of my uncle's kids, and 2 of my aunt's kids (whenever they visited). Now that my mom's other brother finally had kids a few years ago, I am around them when I visit them during the holidays (Thanksgiving and Easter). Besides that, I do not know my other cousins well. As I said the oldest is 31 or something and the youngest is like 3 or 4. It is a huge age gap on that side of the family. As for beyond that, I know a few of my grandmother's sisters and none of my grandfathers. My great grandmother (my mom's mom) is still alive too.

Overall, I am from a decent size family. I get along with about everyone too, which is nice.

Chemical
01-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Dear <i>god</i> NO.

*slaps

Jojee's Mine >=0~~

I think a big family is attractive, for some reason? It's a weird turn on... but when I meet a guy who has a huge family he just radiates a little more hottness than usual.

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2007, 08:45 PM
I am the only male on either side of my family. I have 2 older sisters, and 2 female cousins. That's it.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Dear god NO.

For me, it'll be 0 or 1 kids. Those are the only options. >;o Imagine being pregnant and childbirth that many times, god that must feel awful. Then again, some woman like being pregnant all the time cos' they get attention I read. ._. But anyway, wayyy too many kids. Kids are annoying. :3

*slaps

Jojee's Mine >=0~~

I think a big family is attractive, for some reason? It's a weird turn on... but when I meet a guy who has a huge family he just radiates a little more hottness than usual.

Then if you ever break up with him, but you really like the family, you have a few more chances to get into it!

Lawr
01-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Dear god NO.

For me, it'll be 0 or 1 kids. Those are the only options. >;o Imagine being pregnant and childbirth that many times, god that must feel awful. Then again, some woman like being pregnant all the time cos' they get attention I read. ._. But anyway, wayyy too many kids. Kids are annoying. :3

*slaps

Jojee's Mine >=0~~

AHEM :jokey:

2 Brothers 1 Sister, so a family of 6 but then it went straight to 9.
(Not child-births.) and then my oldest brother moved out so I'm :sad:o

Odaisé Gaelach
01-23-2007, 09:31 PM
And then you get to change dirty diapers! And feed it! And clean up the mess it makes when it completely rejects your attempts at feeding it.

Why would I feed the diaper? :confused:

Chemical
01-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Dear god NO.

*slaps

Jojee's Mine >=0~~

Then if you ever break up with him, but you really like the family, you have a few more chances to get into it!

Well if you can't keep it in your pants! Keep it in the family!

Raistlin
01-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I basically grew up an only child. I have a half-sister, but she's 11 years younger than me.

I don't want kids. I <i>may</i> be persuaded to have one sometime way in the future, but that's definitely the max.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 09:41 PM
And then you get to change dirty diapers! And feed it! And clean up the mess it makes when it completely rejects your attempts at feeding it.

Why would I feed the diaper? :confused:

You will change the diaper while watching a football game. As such, you will set it down to cheer as your team scores a touchdown. During this cheering, you will accidently knock the diaper behind an object that is heavy and you do not want to move. You will think nothing of it and allow it to sit there.

Years will pass and it will become a living organism, crawling out from behind aforemention object and demanding to be fed. Because of its years growing up in complete solitude, it will learn to harness the power of its mind, thereby giving it mind control. It will use this to make its demands.

It demands to be fed.

FEED THE POOPY DIAPER!

Yamaneko
01-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Choosing not to pass on your genes to the next generations means that you're biologically useless for the most part. I just hope you cure cancer or solve world hunger in order to redeem yourself.

Hambone
01-23-2007, 11:38 PM
In my house? Just my mom, brother, and me.

black orb
01-23-2007, 11:46 PM
>>> Im alone where I live, sometimes my dad come here to make my life more miserable but I have a big family out there, I dont get to see them very often though..

Rye
01-24-2007, 12:15 AM
To add onto my last post, I would only want one kid, at most, if any. D:

I have one younger brother, and though I obviously wouldn't want him to just dissapear, I can't think of many examples of which I needed a sibling to have fun when I was younger. That probably was mostly likely due to the fact that my brother had some problems as a child, so he had pretty bad speech problems and bad hearing, so we didn't play much, to be honest.

Odaisé Gaelach
01-24-2007, 12:49 AM
You will change the diaper while watching a football game. As such, you will set it down to cheer as your team scores a touchdown.

But I don't watch American football...

I wouldn't have time. Each of my 665 kids would be hassling me. And it's not easy taking care of even one kid when your wife's torn your fingers off while giving birth to #338.

Yuffie514
01-24-2007, 06:17 AM
i have one older brother, and that's all. Asians look upon friends as relatives of their family, so i am fine with what i have now...