PDA

View Full Version : PS3 and Wii Owners

fantasyjunkie
01-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Hey guys, I have a question for the Wii and PS3 owners. How well do you like your systems? I'm jsut asking because in a couple of months I'll be getting some spending money and am just wondering how happy you are with the PS3 and the Wii before I spend some hard earned cash.
If you fine people could lay down the pros and cons of whichever system that you own I would appreciate it.
Right now I have the 360 but hope to someday have all 3 systems.With the PS3 I may have to wait till the price comes down.

Renmiri
01-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I just got a PS3. There are barely any games for it and my old game TV does not do it justice. The wireless net needs an upgrade (yuck)

But playing X on it rocks!!!! The graphics are sooo much better!

:love: :love: :love:

Roto13
01-23-2007, 09:21 PM
I have my Wii and I'm pleased with it. Swinging the controller around like a retard is a hell of a lot of fun. The graphics aren't that pretty compared to the 360 or PS3, though. It also doesn't do play DVDs or anything. There's a web browser, but odds are you'll never use it. Of course there are the obvious pros, like the virtual console, innovative controller design, price, etc. The Wii already has a couple of pretty awesome games, though neither the Wii or the PS3 have a lot at the moment. Typical, considering how early in their lives it is.

I Am Stoner
01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
I have a 360 and I am really impressed with it. But my advice would be to let the PS3 come down in price a before you buy one, plus then there will be games out for it then.:)

Slicksword45
01-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Pros and Cons for Ps3:

Pro:
Resistance: fall of man
Free online
Playstation store has cool games & free demos
Free Internet brower
Cool games coming out (Lair, Hevenley sword, FFXIII, Devil may cry 4, MGS4 And more that I can't be bothersd to mention now.)
Cool controler (Yay Sixaxis :) )
60GB of memory (good verson)
Wifi
Blue ray player
Plays all Ps1/2 games
Plays Mp3s
Plays Dvds
Cross menu bar is easy to use
Controller can charge wile you'r playing
Low "My system is broking" rate

Cons:
Controler sometimes disconnects (Not all controllers though. Mines, personnaly, dosen't)
Some what lack of games
Typing with controlerl is hard
Internet is a bit laggy
Edrick Holmes will hate you for the rest of you'r life
Downlode times are long
Mp3s can't play in game
No rumble in controler (But after a hr. of playing, you don't notice it.)

And thats all I can think of. I don't own a Wii so I can't comment on that

Renmiri
01-24-2007, 01:13 AM
PS3 also plays mp3 and can play PS2 games :D You can even use your old PS2 save files but you have to buy a mem card converter.

Slicksword45
01-24-2007, 02:48 AM
PS3 also plays mp3 and can play PS2 games :D You can even use your old PS2 save files but you have to buy a mem card converter.

Thanks for the reminder :)

fantasyjunkie
01-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info!

Slicksword45
01-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info!

No problem :)

And if it counts for anything, apperently their is going to be a big Ps3 update in March. In this update, A rumors going around, Is that their going to fix Ps2 games looking like crap on an HDTV :)

Roto13
01-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Since you plan on owning all three, your best bet would probably be to get the Wii now since it's a lot cheaper and the short-term outlook is better. The PS3 will get some A list titles, but not for a while. Plus, by that time the price will have dropped, like you said in your first post.

Dreddz
01-24-2007, 02:14 PM
The PS3 will get some A list titles, but not for a while.

Virtua Fighter 5 will be out next month fool.

And if it counts for anything, apperently their is going to be a big Ps3 update in March. In this update, A rumors going around, Is that their going to fix Ps2 games looking like crap on an HDTV

I thought they had already fixed that.

Slicksword45
01-24-2007, 02:34 PM
And if it counts for anything, apperently their is going to be a big Ps3 update in March. In this update, A rumors going around, Is that their going to fix Ps2 games looking like crap on an HDTV

I thought they had already fixed that.

did they? o. :)

Edit: Ok, it's been comnfermed. The newest patch fixes the Backwords compality issues :)

Renmiri
01-24-2007, 05:17 PM
On my PS3 the PS2 games look great! Better than on PS2.

X is to die for :love:

Khaotic
01-24-2007, 05:21 PM
I haven't played my Wii in about a month, thats pretty much it.

Craig
01-24-2007, 07:38 PM
The Wii is cool, but there just aren't many good games out for it at the moment. I've played it 3 times in the last 2 weeks, although thats for other reasons that have made me not feel like it.

Rostum
01-25-2007, 04:49 AM
Cons:

I'm pretty sure that's a pro.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-25-2007, 06:44 AM
WarioWare: Smooth Moves looks like fun I think I'll buy it...I'm also interested in Wii Play because it comes with a Wiimote. And I need an extra Wiimote so I can kick my brother's ass at baseball on Wii Sports.

Slicksword45
01-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Cons:

I'm pretty sure that's a pro.

I was GOING to put it in pro, but I was trying not to insult anyone :)

Slothy
01-25-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm going to agree with Slicksword45's pros and cons list overall for the PS3. Aside from that, I can only say to look at the games coming out for each and decide which exclusives you absolutely must have in the near future. Some would probably think I'd recommend the PS3 flat out since that's the one I went with, but unless you really want to play Lair, MGS4, FFXIII, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, etc. when they come out, there's not much reason to get one right now. I chose it over a Wii simply because it's games seem to be more up my alley than the stuff on the Wii. The Wii really has nothing that strikes me as an A list title that I'm not a little skeptical about (Nintendo dissapointed me in some way with just about everything they put out on the Gamecube, so I'm not ready to blow the money for the promise of Nintendo titles until I play them. The third party offerings also seem pretty weak to me overall). In the long run it probably won't really matter which you get since you say you'll eventually get both. Is this spending money you're coming into a one time thing though? If it is you may want to consider going with the PS3. People talk about future price cuts all the time, but really, how much does anyone really believe Sony will cut the price in the next year or two? Probably not as much as some hope I'm betting.

fantasyjunkie
01-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Thats a really good point Vivi.

Renmiri
01-27-2007, 10:36 AM
If you get the PS3 you will want to get the PS2 memory card adaptor and a USB memory card (for system upgrades grrrr...) of at least 100 MB.

So add at least $50 to the "sticker price".

Slicksword45
01-27-2007, 03:02 PM
If you get the PS3 you will want to get the PS2 memory card adaptor and a USB memory card (for system upgrades grrrr...) of at least 100 MB.

So add at least $50 to the "sticker price".

You don't need the USB memory card if you can connect to the internet with the Ps3

Renmiri
01-27-2007, 04:24 PM
You don't need the USB memory card if you can connect to the internet with the Ps3

Yeah but mine needs an upgrade to connect to the Internet (wirelessly) so it's kind of a catch-22. No Internet = no upgrade, no upgrade = no Internet. Grrrr.....

It irked me to no end that I couldn't just burn a DVD in my laptop and pop it on the PS3 :mad:

Now I'm waiting for my 4GB USB to arrive from ebay :love:

JKTrix
01-27-2007, 04:53 PM
From the Wii perspective, here are the great games that I own.

Dragon Ball Z (for real. it is GREAT)

WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Rent it first, though. You can complete the single player pretty quickly, which unlocks multiplayer. There are some cool unlockables, but if you're not going to keep playing them, or the multiplayer, it may be more worthwhile to rent. I love it though, so I bought it.)

And, well, Zelda.

I also own:
Trauma Center (almost put it in 'Great' category, but it's not as good as the 3 I put there)
Elebits (fun, but not quite 'great')
Metal Slug (been a Slug fan for a while)
Super Swing Golf (hardly play)
Rayman (Ok, but now obsolete because of WarioWare)
Red Steel (gave it away)

Wii Sports is free with the US system, but depending on how it's priced i think it's a worthy buy if you have family you want to get into videogames. Making Miis is pretty cool, and if you have the internet you have the few internet-based channels (browser, weather, news) and of course the Virtual Console which is a whole other beast.

Seriously though, if you have a Wii, get Dragon Ball Z.

Slicksword45
01-27-2007, 05:33 PM

Yeah but mine needs an upgrade to connect to the Internet (wirelessly) so it's kind of a catch-22. No Internet = no upgrade, no upgrade = no Internet. Grrrr.....

It irked me to no end that I couldn't just burn a DVD in my laptop and pop it on the PS3 :mad:

Now I'm waiting for my 4GB USB to arrive from ebay :love:

You need an update to connect to the internet? what?

I connected to the internet wirelessy without updating.

Renmiri
01-27-2007, 05:49 PM
You need an update to connect to the internet? what?

I connected to the internet wirelessy without updating.

Lucky you! Mine finds my WAP router fine but requests a system updtate to connect to the Internet. < Curses Earthlink with it's fixed IP >