PDA

View Full Version : Extra Missions: The Cait's out of the bag

Bomber
01-23-2007, 06:42 AM
I'm having problems with the Extra Mission, Cait Versus the World. It's the one where you play as Cait Sith and you have to defeat 100 enemies. I have tried this mission serveral times, and I've only been able to get up to an average of 35 enemies. Cait Sith's attacks really wear on the nerves, but what I find annoying is the fact that Cait goes into a song and dance every time he gets hit. This is particularly bad when he's surrounded, because as soon as he stands up, he gets killed.

Can anybody help me get through this one?

Big D
01-25-2007, 05:09 AM
This mission's a bugger, and I'm stuck on it too. However, there is a strategy, one that's got me fairly far.

Somewhere toward the left of the map, there are two huge containers with piles of small boxes that act like 'steps' to climb up them. By standing on the lowest 'step', Cait Sith can hit the Guard Hounds or beetles with relative safety. These places are near a narrow dead-end corridor between a container and a building, so you can force the enemy to attack from only a single direction and avoid nasty surprises.
The Sahagin present a bit of a problem, since they can attack from a distance; the Deepground 'ninja' are especially bad because their swords deal out 200 points of damage per whack.

I agree, this missions sucks muchly. Apparently there's a later mission where Cait Sith has to fight Arch Azul - Azul's transformed state. I'm not looking forward to that one.