PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha! I'm using the Internet!

Mirage
01-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Using my mobile phone :p. It's kind of user unfriendly, but it works.

Topic: Do you access the net using mobile devices? If so, what kind?

theundeadhero
01-23-2007, 10:59 AM
NEVER!

Jess
01-23-2007, 11:00 AM
I use my phone occasionally, but not often. The only thing I do on it is download football match highlights if I'm too lazy to wait for Match of the day. :jess:

Rye
01-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I sometimes use my phone's AIM or gmail.

Mirage
01-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I've got a few bytes of data included in the monthly fee, so it would have been a waste not to use them :p. I usually check news headlines and sometimes wikipedia, because wikipedia is really small-screen friendly.

Jojee
01-23-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't think I do. There's an option that says connect but I tried it before and nothing happened. xD I don't even know how to transfer pictures from my phone to the internet, sad cos' I have some fun pictures too :(

Bunny
01-23-2007, 12:31 PM
I have a laptop. It is mobile.

Peegee
01-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Other than a laptop no. No blackberries, no cell phones, no um...palm pilots. Terrible.

Mikztsu
01-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Only when I'm traveling I do.

Mittopotahis
01-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I've used the Net on my Wii before! Hardly mobile, but its not a computer! :D

Nominus Experse
01-23-2007, 02:46 PM
If I owned a mobile phone or other such device, I would most likely access the internet; however, I do not, and as such, I do not take part in the mentioned activities.

I would most likely abuse Wikipedia and its random article feature, which would allow me to become a mobile, trivia-spouting fiend upon the earth.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-23-2007, 02:48 PM
I've browsed for images with my phone but I've never entered any proper websites. I tried coming here but they said I had to pay or something. I'm not much with technology. Come to think of it I don't even use my mobile that much, period. I still have credit I acquired in Sep 2004

Markus. D
01-23-2007, 02:49 PM
I've used the Net on my Wii before! Hardly mobile, but its not a computer! :D

The net on your Wii frustrated me T-T

No.78
01-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I did it with my PSP once, I'll never do it again!

Breine
01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
I have a laptop. It is mobile.

Yup. Me too.

Jowy
01-23-2007, 03:18 PM
I used my old cell phone to get on AIM. It was entertaining.

Yamaneko
01-23-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't have a data plan, so anything I download is pretty expensive. Maybe when my contract is up with T-Mobile I'll consider going with one of the 3G networks and get a smartphone.

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Using my mobile phone :p. It's kind of user unfriendly, but it works.

Topic: Do you access the net using mobile devices? If so, what kind?

My Motorola Q. It is a miniature laptop and phone. But I have a laptop as well...

Dr Unne
01-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Cell phone + internet = pointless. There are many more important things I can waste hundreds of dollars a year on.

The fact that I don't own a cell phone means that I am better than all of you who do, put together.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Kenji Longaway, Master of Mobility. Duke of Drifting. Prince of Passage. Maharajah of Movement. Top Dog of Travel. Pasha of Peregrination.

I am done.

Mirage
01-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Cell phone + internet = pointless. There are many more important things I can waste hundreds of dollars a year on.

The fact that I don't own a cell phone means that I am better than all of you who do, put together.
Except it is the only way I can contact my non-nerd friends/family? I don't even have a landline.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 06:42 PM

I own a cell phone for two reasons:

1. It makes my family feel better to know that they can contact me whenever they want.

2. My job requires that I have a cell phone on me at all times.

Frankly, I'm against the idea of it. I hate cell phones. I think I use maybe 20 minutes of my plan every month. Waste of my hard earned dollars.

Rocket Edge
01-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I use it for e-mail sometimes.

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Kenji Longaway, Master of Mobility. Duke of Drifting. Prince of Passage. Maharajah of Movement. Top Dog of Travel. Pasha of Peregrination.

I am done.

Why don't you just have the audacity to tell me you think I will be banned soon?
Furthermore...your kind of creepy.

LunarWeaver
01-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I hate cell phones. I think I use maybe 20 minutes of my plan every month. Waste of my hard earned dollars.

Le sigh, I am the same. I keep my cell phone more because other people bug me about it than anything. I hate talking on the phone and I wouldn't use it for net stuff either. I glare at my cell phone when it isn't looking and gossip behind its back all the time.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 07:35 PM

I am done.

Why don't you just have the audacity to tell me you think I will be banned soon?
Furthermore...your kind of creepy.

You have no idea.

NorthernChaosGod
01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Nope.

Vikeve
01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
My phone is in a better place right now.:(

But I still didn't use it as internet acces no way.

Ryth
01-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't even use a phone. At all.

crono_logical
01-23-2007, 09:53 PM
I was looking up anime info on my Windows Mobile device the other day :{

At least it's work-provided, so I don't have to worry about costs :p

Renmiri
01-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I used it for Mapquest when I was lost somewhere.

Meat Puppet
01-24-2007, 01:16 AM
I’m with No.78 on this one. Seriously, I was going to use my PSP to post in this thread but... it’s really not worth it.

Xaven
01-24-2007, 01:42 AM
I used to use AIM on my old cell phone, but not often. That is all.

1. It makes my family feel better to know that they can contact me whenever they want.

Frankly, I'm against the idea of it. I hate cell phones. I think I use maybe 20 minutes of my plan every month. Waste of my hard earned dollars.
Get a pay-as-you-go phone. Problem solved.

Yuffie514
01-24-2007, 05:53 AM
i have, but it's extremely rare. i've sent one or two emails, visited part of a website, and downloaded various other things via my cell phone.

Bunny
01-24-2007, 05:58 AM
I used to use AIM on my old cell phone, but not often. That is all.

Get a pay-as-you-go phone. Problem solved.

Honestly, I'm far to lazy to bother with all of that stuff. Besides, I still have awhile on my current plan.

Mitch
01-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I tried using the net on my phone once but I got confused and turned it off.

I only use my cellphone for texting. People call me on it but I don't call them.

41-Inches-Wide
01-24-2007, 11:56 AM
My PSP is solar powered. I used it once.

Polaris
01-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I tried using the net on my phone once but I got confused and turned it off.

I only use my cellphone for texting. People call me on it but I don't call them.

True! :D
And internet on cell phone cost a lot, like 20 cents for each page you open! I once tried to be at eoff but it's to confusing and small!:(

Mirage
01-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Depends on the contract. I definitely don't pay 20c per page. Turn off images to make pages easier to read, faster to load and cheaper to view.