PDA

View Full Version : Arcana

Steub
01-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Okay, so I've been watching the boards pretty good here, and I have the official guide (for some reason) and I have one good question.

Everyone says, "don't sell your arcana or high arcana"... why not? I can't find any use for the arcana but to sell to the bazaar to get high arcana, and then sell those for some of the rarest items.

So, what's the deal with arcana?

ValiantKnight
01-23-2007, 03:44 PM
I believe its due to timing and it being used in multiple recipies.

High Arcana I can see worrying about. Arcana drops so plentiful later on when you have the jar, that I honestly don't see much worrying about it.

If there are 3 recipes that use High Arcana. One that makes an elixir, one that makes a powerful sword, and one that makes say a ribbon....

Now lets say you have four of the swords already and don't want anymore.. and you are trying for the ribbon.
If you sell the high arcana when you get them, you run the risk of triggering the sword or elixir recipe if you have sold other components for them, but not the components for the ribbon. This would eat those high arcana, and you would have to farm more for the ribbon.

2 wolf pelts
3 Capricorn gem
1 high arcana

= elixir

2 empyeral soul
4 something
1 high arcana

= Ribbon

Now you just sell your high arcana anytime you get it.. you could sell Capricorn gems and wolf pelts and trigger the elixir, eating your high arcana. However if you wait until you've sold 2 souls, 4 somethings.. the worst that can happen is that you trigger BOTH recipes on selling the High Arcana, or just trigger the Ribbon. This ensures that you get the ribbon for your high arcana.

These recipes are not accurate to my knowledge, I just made them up so don't go hoping they will make something nice for you.

Hope that better explains it.

BustaMo
01-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, even though all your loot gets sold into one big Bazaar inventory, you may want to sell all ingredients at once when aiming for a specific item or package. This helps ensure that you not only are keeping track of what is needed to make the package, but also is more likely to produce the item you want instead of a lesser package of say...25 Phoenix Downs or whatever.

Renmiri
01-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Those recipees where fun :D

Gabranth
01-24-2007, 05:32 AM
what monsters drop high arcana?