PDA

View Full Version : Roblon help!

eppy19
01-23-2007, 07:23 PM
How do I beat him? Too many spwans go on.

Bunny
01-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Typical buffs as I have suggested on all of the other help threads you have created. That is Haste, Protect, Shell, Bubble, Bravery, Faith, etc. Decoy on your tank (main fighter).

Have your main fighter with a gambit that forces him/her to attack the monster with the highest HP. I forget the exact name of it. "Foe: Highest HP" or something like that. :P

One person designate with the gambit "Ally: Heal >50%" or whatever the appropriate name is.

One person should constantly spam the undead mobs with your highest cure all spell. Cura or Curaja. One of the two, I think. You can also use Holy if you have it, but that only attacks one at a time. Make sure the person doing this is spending the least amount of MP possible (use the licenses for this). And have them use Ethers on themselves if their MP gets below 20-30%.

The healer should keep the buffs up on your main character. And remember that Roblon is effected by Slow, Blind, and Sap, but not any other status effect.

marysonnie
01-26-2007, 01:08 AM
I tried to fight off all the minions first - the second the first one appeared after setting foot on the screen, I stayed and fought, drawing them all away from Roblon's range. It's slow, but it helps you from getting mobbed, even just a little. I totally got killed the first time (Roblon was ONE HIT AWAY FROM DEATH, TOO) but I got them the second time by making sure the coast was as clear as it would get before taking on Roblon.

Accessories that prevent Blind really, really saved me in this fight.

Renmiri
01-26-2007, 01:31 AM
You cure Blind ? I usually don't even bother curing my guys from Blind or Slow. Using 1,000 needles, Souleater, Bonecrusher, Telekinesis or Magick works regardless.

There's also "Sight Unseeing" a special techique for Blind characters but it is pretty weak. 1,000 needles is better.

marysonnie
01-26-2007, 06:15 AM
I cure Blind during intense fights like that because I'm primarily melee...I use all my MP for healing. And I rarely cure Slow...that's just silly :D