PDA

View Full Version : I don't need no stinkin' strategy guide.

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Because I guide the strategy.
I'm the man with the plan.
I've got the skills, to pay them bills.
Yezir.
Listen up.
My friend watched advent children with me the other day. We were just chillin' like some villains, and then that part about cloud having a flashback of escaping Hojo's incubation chamber and coming to Midgar with Zack in that piece of junk truck came up.
My boy "B" was like, "Yo son, when did this be happenin, on the game? This is some fiction rightere."
And I was like, "Wait a minute homes, this DID happen, yo."
Then "B" was like, "No didn't. I never saw this."
Then I was like, "Juz cuz yo didn' see somethin, don't mean it didn't be happenin'. You didn't see Jessica Simpson marry Nick Lachey, but it be happened, didn' it?

I can't believe that not too many people know about this flashback scene. Hell, I stumbled upon by mistake the first time I played myself. So why don't I share this lil' secret witcha?

First, complete disc one, and two. I'll wait.
Ready? Alright, good. Now, in order to see this flashback, go into the Shinra Mansion, into the library, until you find that room where Hojo Shot Vincent, laid him on the table, and turned him into a Galian Beast.
That is all you have to do. Sit back and enjoy. You .ight want to save your game first, so you can watch it again in the future.
You won't find this in any strategy guide. I didn't. I tried the one from Brady Games, and Prime, but they fell short. Haven't seen it on any website either. But it is there. Try it. All you have to do is walk through the door; They wouldn't have put that scene in the movie if it wasn't in the game.

ReloadPsi
01-23-2007, 10:29 PM
I tried the one from Brady Games
Next time look harder. I found it.

But hey, what do I know? You "know more about tha game than anyone."

Mercen-X
01-23-2007, 10:33 PM
It's in the back, son.

forgotten_fantasy
01-24-2007, 07:04 PM
After reading the first half of this post I was thinking easy on the drugs.
Then it turns out it does have some relevance and would be quite interesting to see this scene.

RiseToFall
01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, like Psi said, it's definitely in the Brady Games guide.

silentenigma
01-24-2007, 10:09 PM
that's the spirit, brutha.

f f freak
01-24-2007, 10:28 PM
I knew about this before. It's a very interesting little scene that explains quite a lot.

Also it is in the Brady Games guide.

Kenji Longaway
01-25-2007, 12:22 AM
I knew about this before. It's a very interesting little scene that explains quite a lot.

I guess now is a good time to state that I didn't read the Brady Games guide, until after I beat the game. I didn't learn anything new, though. Actually, the Brady games guide is missing a lot of item locations. Like the Ribbon you find in a hidden glacier cave when you climb up glacier mountain.
The best guide is from PRIME strategy. Of course, a lawsuit forced them to resend it. It no longer exists.
I haven't played the game in 10 years either. And I no longer own any magazines about this game.

That's the spirit, brutha.
Oh, and before I forget;

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOI!
KEEPIN' IT REAL YO!
DON'T HATE THE VIDEO GAME PLAYER
HATE THE GAME.

Please don't double post, use the Edit button to add information to a just previously made post. Thanks! :) :cat: ~ Zeromus

lufia
01-25-2007, 02:01 PM
"chilling like some villains"

ahh i like that :mog:

Paul
01-25-2007, 02:57 PM

I guess now is a good time to state that I didn't read the Brady Games guide, until after I beat the game. I didn't learn anything new, though. Actually, the Brady games guide is missing a lot of item locations. Like the Ribbon you find in a hidden glacier cave when you climb up glacier mountain.
The best guide is from PRIME strategy. Of course, a lawsuit forced them to resend it. It no longer exists.
I haven't played the game in 10 years either. And I no longer own any magazines about this game.

That's the spirit, brutha.
Oh, and before I forget;

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOI!
KEEPIN' IT REAL YO!
DON'T HATE THE VIDEO GAME PLAYER
HATE THE GAME.

Please don't double post, use the Edit button to add information to a just previously made post. Thanks! :) :cat: ~ Zeromus
yeah man classic scene for all da ages u KNOWS it. i don't use strategy guides either but i ended up goin back to nibelheim for some reason or other. without that scene its hard to make sense of the mideel stuff.

also advent children was alright but i don't consider it canon. METEOR DESTROYED EVERYONE!!!!