PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Beta

edczxcvbnm
01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Who got into the Beta? I got a response when I checked my e-mail today telling me that I got it.

Congratulations Stephen McCarthy, you have been chosen to participate in the HaloŽ 3 beta.

In order to participate, you must have access to:

-An Xbox 360<sup>TM</sup> Pro console or Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive

-A valid Xbox LiveŽ Gold subscription

Keep an eye on your inbox, we will be sending more information about this opportunity soon.

*Limit one Halo 3 beta invite per person/Xbox Live gamertag. Your invitation is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The beta is available in English only.

Totally awesome. I plan to use this to skew the game towards my play style of all up in people's grill :D

Dreddz
01-23-2007, 11:33 PM
A demo is hardly that exciting.

Craig
01-23-2007, 11:35 PM

ur jus jelus

XxSephirothxX
You lucky bastard. And yes, it is fucking exciting, considering you get to play an all-new version of one of the best online shooters ever. A Beta is not just a demo.

Tavrobel

Let ed have his thing. BTW Halo 3 beta = win.

Dreddz
01-23-2007, 11:37 PM

ur jus jelus

For Halo, nahh.

edczxcvbnm
01-24-2007, 04:17 AM
I thought other people would have tried to enter for a chance in the Beta. They still have a few other ways to get in. I could look into what these other ways are if anyone is interested.

JKTrix
01-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Lucky bastard. I applied for that too, guess I wasn't picked.

The other ways: Play a bunch of Halo 2 on Live, be randomly selected
Buy 'Specially Marked box' of Crackdown, which will include something to get you into the Beta (MGS<Zone of the Enders style).

I'm trying to download the Crackdown demo to see what it's like, to decide if I'll actually play it when buying the beta game.

edczxcvbnm
01-24-2007, 04:32 PM
You should have at least gotten an e-mail saying if you have been picked you will receive another e-mail in the next couple of days. So if you didn't get the first one then you might have check the wrong e-mail?

I also think the play a bunch of Halo 2 on Live is actually...Play 3 hours of Halo 2 online on a certain day(for some reason I think Feb 15th) and then go sign up online or something. I might have read that one completely wrong but that is what I remember.

XxSephirothxX
01-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Rule of Three Program
The 'Rule of Three' program is currently planned for gamers (17 years and older) in the 50 United States (includes District of Columbia) and Canada who have access to an Xbox 360 Pro console or an Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive, a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription and the Halo 2 game.

It is a two-step process:
1. Participate in at least three hours of Halo 2 multiplayer sessions on your Xbox 360 console via Xbox Live during the three (3) day period beginning February 1st at 12:01 am EST and ending February 3rd at 11:59 pm EST.
2. After the three day window is over, head back over to www.halo3.com on February 5th and register.

If you are one of the FIRST 13,333 to do this (and meet the above requirements) you will receive an invite notification in February to participate in the Halo 3 Beta.

I didn't get an email letting me know I may or may not be getting into the beta, but I'm not sure if that means I'm definitely not getting in or not. Either way, I haven't gotten an email yet, so I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait until the next step for a chance.

RiseToFall
01-24-2007, 08:00 PM
At least Microsoft figured out a way for Crackdown to have high sales.

JKTrix
01-24-2007, 09:00 PM
I think the whole '50 states of america' had a major hand in why I wasn't selected. Bermuda is me, I can't even buy Microsoft points anymore, and when my Live subscription runs out I might not be able to renew. Sigh.

XxSephirothxX
01-24-2007, 09:02 PM
I think the whole '50 states of america' had a major hand in why I wasn't selected. Bermuda is me, I can't even buy Microsoft points anymore, and when my Live subscription runs out I might not be able to renew. Sigh.
Could you get somebody from the US to simply ship you a prepaid Microsoft Points card, or a subscription card, for you to extend it that way?

JKTrix
01-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Possibly, but I'm not sure if it'll work. I got the Lost Planet Collector's edition (gift), which comes with a redeemable code to download a map pack, but despite me perfectly entering the code, it says it is 'invalid'. I should probably contact MS about it, I recall reading that they'll deal with people from 'other territories' on a case-by-case basis.

Erdrick Holmes
01-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Lucky bastard! I'm telling everyone your crappy name now.

NorthernChaosGod
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
I want to try out the Beta. :(

But I don't have Live. :mad:

edczxcvbnm
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Lucky bastard! I'm telling everyone your crappy name now.

Wait...what? Keliz is an awesome name ;_;

I just block people who send me invites if I don't know them. Unless I get a PM from someone here or at Fools-Gold telling me they sent me the Friend invite then deny the request.

My friends list consists of the following.

Azar
LH
2 real life friends

I have not been on latly though.

Spammerman
01-25-2007, 03:50 AM
Take a spartan laser to a atv type vehicle and itll be burnin rubber and raining shrapnel.