PDA

View Full Version : Just beat it

smilejb
01-23-2007, 10:56 PM
:-D. I just beat the game, yay :-D.

That last boss took a really really really long time >_>. And for a while there, I was regretting changing my summoner into a knight. But yay for the holy lance, and magic items :-D.

When it asked me to save, my people were each level 55.

Citizen Bleys
01-24-2007, 03:48 PM
It asks you to save at the end of the game? WTF?

Is there a Chrono-Trigger-like New Game+ feature? If so, I might bother trying again. As matters stand, I have no intention of ever playing the game again after getting completely destroyed at lv 55 with a knight, ninja, devout, and summoner.

Elpizo
01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
It asks you to save at the end of the game? WTF?

Is there a Chrono-Trigger-like New Game+ feature? If so, I might bother trying again. As matters stand, I have no intention of ever playing the game again after getting completely destroyed at lv 55 with a knight, ninja, devout, and summoner.
After you beat the game you can save to get some extra side-quests available via Mognet. Like the Ultimate Weapons for every Job Class lv 99 (not sure if you really have to beat the game for it, I thought so, but I'm not sure.). You can have every Ultimate Weapon 4 times. I don't know if you have to beat the game to get the Mognet Quest to the optional boss...

And for the Final Boss lv 60 is a good level to stand a good chance, I heard. And of course, the 4 ribbons and 2 healers. 1 healer for Curaja every turn and the other for Araise when needed. That should help.

smilejb
01-24-2007, 07:53 PM
cool. I'm going to try the side quests next :-D.

Citizen bleys, its not too hard. When you go to fight, let everyone be in the back row and basically keep guarding, and using that defend sword with your knight. (since he is the only one who can use it on everyone).

With the ninja, just keep chucking stuff at the CoD. Keep in the back row with a shield or 2. (if you have a shield or 2 that the ninja can equip, all i had was one genji shield). Now, while your knight is using the sword, I would put a shield on him too. I would choose one crystal (since its the highest defense), and the aegis shield (because all the status stuff doesn't keep happening to him.) Either that or give him a ribbon before the beginning :-D.

With the summoner, keep casting the most powerfull spells, and when it looks like some one has low health, throw them an elixer. (good time to finally use those elixers :-D).

And of course, the devout will caste curing magic along with haste when everyone doesn't need any more health. (My devout never died. I kept using curaga instead of curaja because I think curaja is a little slower to cast).

And just incase, there are 3 targets. Go for the tentacles first. (wish some one told me that, I spent a half hour just normal attacking).

Just to be safe, I'm putting the strategy with spoiler tags.

Citizen Bleys
01-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Mognet stuff requires a wireless connection...my DS wouldn't connect to my router (even though it's on Nintendo's white list) even when I turned encryption off completely...so I'm not going back to the game just for content I can't access.

BillyBologna
01-27-2007, 01:53 AM
I cant access it either :(
Makes me sad. I wish there was a way i could snowplow the game and complete all the sidequests.

Possible Spoilers:

As for the 3 Targets, the first 2 times i fought the boss i didnt even kill them i just targeted the CoD the whole time and the last time i fought it i only killed the one that does Lightning because the other one cant be hurt by physical attacks and usually just spams bad breath which has no effect since everyone has ribbon on.

Also dont know if that spoilers but just to be safe.

Hambone
01-27-2007, 04:46 AM
I can access wi-fi! Sorry, that doesn't help. Yeah, I beat the game about 3 weeks ago. CoD is probably the hardest final boss in all of the Final Fantasy games I've beaten thus far. When I first beat her, My characters had just reached about Lv. 60.