PDA

View Full Version : State of the Union Address.

Kenji Longaway
01-24-2007, 04:23 AM
I just saw a re-broadcast of the State of the Union Address given by none other than the leader of the free world; President George Walker Bush.
Among his topics of concern were:

Economy.
National security.
A new strategy for the war in Iraq and why it has been taking so long.
No child left behind.

Well, if we were to take another pole, how would you people rate his popularity?
And what are some of your views on his new policy issues?

Momiji
01-24-2007, 04:24 AM
I dunno. I ignored the whole address.

I Took the Red Pill
01-24-2007, 04:29 AM
He was much more timid and conservative, not confident and straightforward. The Democrat response, now that was confident and forceful. Webb didn't pull his punches, especially near the closing. And I loved it.

Bush seems to be looking for a more moderate solution, and from the Democrats I saw interviewed afterwards (Obama, Clinton, etc.) they seemed content with his plans for economic and educational reform, but were still troubled that he's not backing down from his troop escalation plans. All in all, I think it was a pretty decent speech, although with all the applause-pauses every 10 seconds factored in you realize the President didn't really talk all that much.

edczxcvbnm
01-24-2007, 04:48 AM
This is not very different from last year.

Reduce oil by 20% of what we estimate to use in 10 years. That is something along the lines of what he says.

I want aggressive policy on this issue. Set some insane goal and try your ass off to meet it. Lets go 50% of todays consumption in 5 years. Unrealistic but it gets things going so hard and fast that everything is going to have to change just to attempt to meet this. It is a huge goal but I think we are so wasteful that an extreme policy like that could work.

I want Al Gore to run again for president. I think we need someone like him who cares that much about the environment going further into the new century.

Edit: Why do these poll options suck? Where is the unsatisfied option. Somewhat unsatisfied does not reflect how I feel. I feel a 80 year old speech and applause track would have accomplished the same thing overall.