PDA

View Full Version : HMMM ANYONE HAVE SOME ANSWERS???

finaloblivion
01-24-2007, 05:07 AM
ok, so balthier's showing up in the tactics remake, apparently as a key character. so here's my question(s): where are archadia, dalmasca rozarria etc. located in ivalice in comparison to zeltennia and all the countries in tactics? different continents? i thought at first it was different time periods, but if balthier is in tactics now then it has to be the same time period. also, when penelo and vaan receive the note from balthier at the end of 12, does he mention something about a place in ramza's ivalice? like zeltennia or something? i don't remember, it's flashed really quickly. either way, some theories or any other type of response would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Zeromus_X
01-24-2007, 05:13 AM
Might this help? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivalice)

dodhungry
01-24-2007, 05:28 AM
all Ive got to say is :Oo:

finaloblivion
01-26-2007, 01:58 AM
well it helps a little...there's still so many contradictions that everything is still sketchy. if the timeline made more sense, then maybe the whole thing would make more sense. im going to go with the theory that vaan's ivalice and ramza's ivalice are compeltely different continents, much like north america and europe...ramza's ivalice falling into a dark age and all technology being lost, while vaan's ivalice still flourishes.....maybe not, i dunno. maybe when the remake comes out they'll repave the back story a little better so that the two worlds intertwine more smoothly. if anyone else has any theories or answers or sites that can help out with this, then let's hear em.

BG-57
01-26-2007, 02:49 AM
The only foreign countries explicitly mentioned in Tactics is Ordallia and Romanda. Do either of these countries show up in the other game?

Also oriental armor and weapons are frequently referred to as 'foreign', as in the Genji set, as is Cloud-specific equipment (although Cloud might even count as an extraterrestrial), so that may imply other countries beyond those directly adjacent to Ivalice.

Lexy
01-26-2007, 09:15 AM
That wikipedia article said that Balthier mentioned something called the "cache of Glabados" at the end of XII- I don't remember this at all, did he really??

Also, I assumed that Ordalia is the link between FFXII Ivalice and FFT Ivalice- like if you look at the maps they match up pretty well- is this not accepted fact?

finaloblivion
01-26-2007, 10:23 PM
im going with the different continents theory....its the only one that's making sense to me right now. ordalia is NOT mentioned in XII, or at least i dont think it is, but balthier does mention the cache of glabados....which means that the only real connection im seeing right now is the Kiltia religion, St. Ajora and the Glabados Church. still hella confused tho!

Also, I assumed that Ordalia is the link between FFXII Ivalice and FFT Ivalice- like if you look at the maps they match up pretty well- is this not accepted fact?
um, where can u see a map for ordalia in tactics? isnt it across the larner channel and off the map? i feel like im missing something...

Please don't double post. Use the edit button if you have something to add.~Levian

vorpal blade
01-26-2007, 10:41 PM
I always figured that FFT and FFXII took place in different continents (or different parts of the same continent, as you never see the entire continent) and never met. I also assumed they took place in different times and that Balthier gets zapped to FFT like Cloud.

BG-57
01-27-2007, 04:26 AM
um, where can u see a map for ordalia in tactics? isnt it across the larner channel and off the map? i feel like im missing something...

I'm wondering the same thing myself. Although Romanda is the country across the Larner channel, to the north of Ivalice. Ordallia is to the east.

feioncastor
01-27-2007, 08:36 AM
There is a map in the CD case of Ivalice, including the names of each province and a couple other names. However, I'm fairly certain that you can't see a map of Ordalia in FFT, probably because Ordalia is insignificant in the story.

BG-57
01-27-2007, 12:49 PM
From the back cover of the strategy guide. Only part of Ordallia is visible, but you can see where it is in relation to Ivalice.

McLovin'
01-27-2007, 10:38 PM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4562/ivalicecu2.jpg

Thats how I see it.

Lexy
01-28-2007, 03:14 AM
hahaha you obviously know your way around MSpaint!
But yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about. It's not a spot-on match but it's not necessarily off in any big way either. Oh, although in my mind I wouldn't add imaginary land to connect the Tactics map Ordalia and the XII map Ordalia, I would just blow up the Tactics map a little bit and have the maps overlapping a little bit...the geography kinda matches up, if you allow for...shoddy cartography...?

Ok and I just watched the ending of XII and saw the mention of the treasure of Glabados- and, "I'll wait for you in Bervenia"- that's nuts! I guess it'd been so long since I played Tactics that the names meant nothing to me...

BG-57
01-28-2007, 04:25 AM
It certainly seems possible. Reminds me of the way that each Suikoden sequel involves lands adjacent to the ones featured in the previous installment.

finaloblivion
02-03-2007, 08:53 PM
thats one big supercontinent. except that goes against ordalia being across larner channel, which they specify in tactics.

McLovin'
02-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Romanda is the one across Larner Canal not Ordallia.

BG-57
02-03-2007, 10:59 PM
That's what I said. If it's stated in the game script somewhere, then it contradicts the map. Theoretically, Romanda and Ordallia could be connected off the sides of the map, which I guess was finaloblivion's point.

McLovin'
02-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Well of course it is possible that the northern part of Ordallia might stretch out across the North Joe (?) Sea and connect with Romanda.

Ouch!
02-04-2007, 12:38 AM
This is neglecting that the whole region in which Final Fantasy XII takes place is called Ivalice. It's unlikely that if the two were directly connected, they'd have a region named one thing and a country not too far away named the same.

If the worlds are connected directly, I'm sticking to the theory that they take place in different time periods. Afterall, airships are all over the place in FFXII, but they're considered ancient technology in FFT.

I don't think the Balthier we see in the Tactics remake will have anything to do with his alter-ego in FFXII. All I'm wondering is how they could possibly make him important to the plot without changing a lot of things (which would be a shame). The only way I thought they could get away with it was to replace Mustadio with Balthier.

As far as the note in the end of FFXII that makes reference to Bervenia, I'd imagine that has a lot more to do with Revenant Wings than anything else.

BG-57
02-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Well of course it is possible that the northern part of Ordallia might stretch out across the North Joe (?) Sea and connect with Romanda.

North Ice Sea, acually. Sorry, my scan is blurry.

Bervernia Free City is the site of a major battle in FFT.

Not having played FFXII, I can't say for sure if the worlds are connected. The evidence is compelling, however.

McLovin'
02-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Pity Revenant Wings is on the DS only.

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Magus of Zeal, you are 100% correct. The cover of my FFXII Ultimania has the continent of Ordalia right there where you put it (read the weird script on the right arch, it says "the continent of Ordalia")

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/thumb/800px-Ivalicehuge.jpg

BTW, Ivalice script:

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/thumb/600px-Ivalicescript.jpg

McLovin'
04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
cool.

Edgar
05-09-2007, 03:55 AM
:O_O: I need my FFXII NOW!