PDA

View Full Version : Final Attack Materia?

daniel85
01-24-2007, 06:07 AM
Hey guys, I'm playing FFVII again and I'm trying to get teh Final Attack Materia. I really don't feel like racing chocobos for hours on end, so do you all know if there is another way to get it?

Thanks in advance.

TheSpoonyBard
01-24-2007, 11:14 AM
You don't get it from Chocobo Racing. Go the Battle Square, purchase and learn Omnislash, purchase W-Summon and defeat Ultimate WEAPON. Come back and complete the Special Battle. Final Attack is the prize for doing so.

The Mog Ninja
01-24-2007, 11:20 AM
yeah

ReloadPsi
01-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Except for the "Deafeat Ultimate Weapon" part; that's unnecessary.

Twilight Edge
01-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Just be prepared to fight Proud Clod(that hugeass robot where you finish off gyahaha and kyahaha), which is far harder than last time.

TheSpoonyBard
01-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Except for the "Deafeat Ultimate Weapon" part; that's unnecessary.
You need Cloud's Ultima Weapon in addition to learning Omnislash and possessing W-Summon to access the Special Battle. It's all necessary.

ReloadPsi
01-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Just be prepared to fight Proud Clod(that hugeass robot where you finish off gyahaha and kyahaha), which is far harder than last time.
Yeah, you're on your own and you usually have no Materia, often with Item disabled as well ;)

TheSpoonyBard
01-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Plus he, like all other Battle Arena monsters, have double the HP and 25% more Atk and Mag than usual.

Cloud_Lion_Heart
01-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Final Attack Pheniox In the house!!! Come one whats more geesh

.:kerrod:.
01-24-2007, 11:34 PM

MUCH HARDER!! i was playing this at my friends house and we were up till 3am training and trying to defeat it (mind you, we're always up at 3 playing games :p) i finally did, and final attack materia is WAY worth it for the reason below.

Final Attack Pheniox In the house!!! Come one whats more geesh

This is the best combination. just get master summon and master (support? im not sure what final attack materia is :confused:) and did somebody say invincibility?

ReloadPsi
01-24-2007, 11:39 PM
There is no Master Support. Too many of the Materia aren't compatible with half the effects anyway. That big chunk of silvery-blue Materia you're looking at gives you Bahamut ZERO.

Mercen-X
01-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I have Final Attack (I watch my characters give a last hurrah before collapsing 'cause they got no damn HP.) but I don't remember fighting Proud Clod in the Battle Arena.

Xurts
01-25-2007, 10:35 PM
The Proud Clod was pretty easy when I fought it. Just spam KOTR and Omnislash.

Riana
01-26-2007, 01:41 PM
You have to fight the special battle and win at the Battle Arena in Gold Saucer.

Whatever you do, equip a Ribbon. That's always saved my arse.

hplvr
01-26-2007, 08:56 PM
You have to fight the special battle and win at the Battle Arena in Gold Saucer.

Whatever you do, equip a Ribbon. That's always saved my arse.
except it really sucks when you spin the reels and get no accersory, it happened to me a number of times and was a pain in the a$$

Orgasmic
02-22-2007, 03:44 PM
well, when you are in to get Battle points, DO NOT equip the Ribbon. Beacuse you'll get more Points the harder the battle gets. I got like 30.000 once.. Then you really feel it's worth all the time. But i wonder. Is it a must to win the Champion Belt to fight the special battles?

Orgasmic
02-22-2007, 03:46 PM
sorry Riana, don't mean to be a pain in the ass. ;)

Xurts
02-22-2007, 11:56 PM
well, when you are in to get Battle points, DO NOT equip the Ribbon. Beacuse you'll get more Points the harder the battle gets. I got like 30.000 once.. Then you really feel it's worth all the time. But i wonder. Is it a must to win the Champion Belt to fight the special battles?
You definately want a Ribbon. Not equipping one won't decrease the points you get, but will make it much easier to earn more.

Mavander
02-23-2007, 06:33 AM
You don't get it from Chocobo Racing. Go the Battle Square, purchase and learn Omnislash, purchase W-Summon and defeat Ultimate WEAPON. Come back and complete the Special Battle. Final Attack is the prize for doing so.

Actually about Chocobo Racings... You do need GP to fight in the Battle Arena and Chocobo Races are like the best source of that, so there. I'm to lazy to fight yet so I'm garthering sources now XP.

Twilight Edge
02-23-2007, 02:30 PM

You get more points based on how bad your handicap is. If you get break-all materia handicap for final battle, your points will skyrocket so much you'll laugh aloud with mirth and merriment. So, equipping a Ribbon is actually A MUST, I repeat, A MUST in fighting the Battle Arena.

Skyblade
02-23-2007, 02:41 PM

You get more points based on how bad your handicap is. If you get break-all materia handicap for final battle, your points will skyrocket so much you'll laugh aloud with mirth and merriment. So, equipping a Ribbon is actually A MUST, I repeat, A MUST in fighting the Battle Arena.

Until Break-Accessory pops around. Then you cry.

Sefie1999AD
02-23-2007, 05:39 PM
You definately want a Ribbon. Not equipping one won't decrease the points you get, but will make it much easier to earn more.

Ribbon was pretty much a must for me when I was fighting in the Battle Arena. You don't get "Accessory broken" every time, and even if you do, you can sometimes fight a few more battles until you're hit with just so many status ailments that you'd better quit and at least get the points you had acquired during that round (Accessory broken + all Materia broken + under a Petrified Frog status ailment = quit when the petrification timer is getting dangerously close to 0). Besides, when you're fighting on the special battle, you just need to win it to get Final Attack, your score doesn't matter.

I save the game before entering the special battle. Then I make sure Cloud has his Omnislash ready. I start the special battle by casting Big Guard. After that, I either keep Omnislashing the enemies and Miming the limit break, or I'll summon KotR (linked to HP Absorb) and keep Miming it. If you have something like 4x Cut, though, you can probably use that to beat all the enemies up to Proud Clod rather quickly. It's not necessary to use KotR at all during the special battle.