PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: A Link to the Past available on Virtual Console, Mario Kart 64 next week

Crossblades
01-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm sure you guys know about this, but thought I post it up anyway

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2007/012207a.html

Nintendo announced that the newest addition to the Virtual Console on the Wii will be The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. This was the first game in the franchise to appear on the SNES when it made its North American debut in April of 1992. It was later re-released on the GBA with the Capcom-created The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures on June 6th, 2004.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past chronicles the adventures of a young boy named Link as he attempts to save Hyrule by moving between two parallel worlds. It now currently available for download with a price of 800 Wii Points.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/757/757738p1.html

Nintendo of America revealed on Tuesday that it would make Mario Kart 64 available to the Wii Shopping Channel next week. The acclaimed racer marks the second N64 title released for the Virtual Console.

Mario Kart 64 pits players in control of classic racers and challenges them to navigate a series of twisting, turning environments while using special power-ups. The title's single-player mode was fun, but the game will always be remembered for its addictive multiplayer offering -- IGN's own editors spent too many hours to count battling in some of its many arenas.

Roto13
01-24-2007, 03:21 PM
I already have A Link to the Past (naturally) but I miss Mario Kart 64.

Rainecloud
01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
I replayed played both of those within the last two months.

A Link to the Past was enjoyable, whereas Mario Kart 64 was hugely disappointing and not half as good as I remember it to be. Perhaps I've since been spoiled by the amazing Mario Kart DS and the superior (imho) Mario Kart Double Dash.

KentaRawr!
01-25-2007, 01:18 AM
I already have Alttp, but Mario Kart 64 is one I think I'll be getting, since most of my N64 Controllers have broken Analog Sticks.