PDA

View Full Version : It doesn't Exist!!!!

Wolf Kanno
01-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I've been trying forever to get my grubby little hands on a Wii. No one has one. The closest I got was Monday when I went into an EB across town from me and the clerk said they had some that morning. He continued and said that they sold out in 10 minutes of getting them. Another store claims they've been having campers, who come in when they open at 10am and stay until 3pm waiting for UPS to show up and drop off the new shipment.

I have work and a life, so I can't exactly spend my days camping out at game stores to fight off other desperate people to get a hold of one. Even major retailers don't have any and everyone doesn't seem to know when they are even going to get some back in stock. Most have been telling me to check back in a month or two. I WANT TO PLAY ZELDA NOW!!! DAMMIT!!!!..... alright... I feel a little better now... I just spent all day on a wild goose chase and I needed to vent.

Anyone else feeling my frustration?

Laddy
01-24-2007, 09:45 PM
No! I'm a proud Wii owner!

Ben
01-24-2007, 09:54 PM
If you want to play Zelda so badly...get it for gamecube...

SeeDRankLou
01-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Many large retailers like Walmart, Target, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc etc., will sit on their merchandise until the Saturday edition of the paper comes out and everyone can see there sales advertisements. They start doing that like on Thursday, and until Sunday they'll tell everyone they're out of stock on certain things. Then on Sunday they start selling their good stuff again. A lot of people shop on Sunday, so if they have all their good stuff in stock on Sunday and people have seen advertisements they usually sell more. While they would definately sell the Wii's if they put them out, they wouldn't catch the Sunday shoppers, which is what they are wanting to do. So you might try going to like Best Buy on Sunday when they first open, you might have better luck.

And places like EBgames are supposedly getting like two or three Wii's everytime they getting a UPS shipment, so find out when your local EBgames usually gets there shipments (mine is usually at 10am) and just be there when the UPS guy shows up. In general, UPS ships to retailers before shipping to people, so they are pretty consistent about what time they show up to retailers. I have heard several times since the Wii came out about my EBgames getting Wii's in, and there were people already in the store that wanted one, so that sold out before they even put them on the shelf.

I personally haven't found one yet, but I haven't really been looking all that much either. I might try a few places this Sunday.

Renmiri
01-24-2007, 11:26 PM
EBgames at Woodfield Mall in Chicago has them

Roto13
01-24-2007, 11:38 PM
I have one. I think I showed up at the store a few minutes after they got a new shipment, because I saw two people carrying them around, and there were two left when I got there. I consider myself very lucky to have found one. Zelda is great. I'm approaching the seventh temple. :)

Dragoon Kain
01-25-2007, 04:42 AM
i searched every where for mine. no one had one. my friend told me about a site called www.nowinstock.net that tracks when stores get shipments. maybe that will help you out. thats how i got mine.

ljkkjlcm9
01-25-2007, 05:10 AM
I'm having the same problem. I go to school, and the closest store that has them is a 10-15 minute drive, plus I have to walk 10-15 minutes to get to my car relative to where my dorm is, and I just don't have time during the day to head over there and wait for one. Actually, I'm probably going to try tomorrow, but I highly doubt they'll have any.

THE JACKEL

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-25-2007, 06:30 AM
I got a Wii in the first week of January...you could buy one from Amazon.Com if you're willing to pay more than the retail price. ($599.00) But I doubt that you want to pay six hundred bucks for a console.

Wolf Kanno
01-25-2007, 07:04 AM
I got a Wii in the first week of January...you could buy one from Amazon.Com if you're willing to pay more than the retail price. ($599.00) But I doubt that you want to pay six hundred bucks for a console.

I try not to support the bastards who buy a few new systems so they can make more money on them online. Stores really should stop letting people do that.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do but unfortunartely I work most of the week and during the daytime as well. Usually when I get to a store, they tell me they had them that morning when they opened (consequently, it's the same time my work opens :( ) and they were all sold before noon. I may just have to bite the bullet and wait a few months so I can get past the other die hards who have nothing better to do but camp at stores to wait for UPS.

As for buying a Cube, no. I wanted a Wii cause it would be backwards compatible. I never felt the Cube had too many games I cared for, so I never bothered to pick it up. The Wii looks very promising on the otherhand and the ability to go back and play the few titles that looked interesting on Cube made the deal a little sweeter. Besides, I already... um... kinda've .... well you know.... bought Zelda for the Wii... already:cry:

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Do you want to know what store I got my Wii from?...Gamestop you should try looking for a Wii there, or you could just wait until June and buy the Wii along with Super Smash Bros: Brawl.

Wolf Kanno
01-25-2007, 07:45 AM
I check them a lot but it's come to my attention that EB and Gamestop have really grown lax on their hiring policy... Let's just say a few of them had the lights on but no one was home. I was actually surprised some of them even knew what a "game" was:rolleyes2

Thanks for the help. ;)

The Mog Ninja
01-25-2007, 08:17 AM
dude if u REALLY want one, order it directly from Nintendo

Roto13
01-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Where do you work? Maybe YOU should get a job at EBGames or Gamestop. :P

Renmiri
01-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Try eBay. I know you don't want to support people who resell stuff from stores, but some vendors there ARE stores and sell it for less than you can buy at eBgames. :)

Rainecloud
01-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm surprised that more Wii shipments haven't been made since Christmas. Well, at least I'm assuming that to be the case, as every shop I've spoken to seems quite tight-lipped on the matter.

Still, it's a darn sight better than Sony's pathetic "launch" attempt.

ljkkjlcm9
01-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Well, as far as I can tell, calling basically every day, the stores get shipments every week, they just sell out really fast
I mean, the amount sold can tell you that much: http://nexgenwars.com/

THE JACKEL

Wolf Kanno
01-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Where do you work? Maybe YOU should get a job at EBGames or Gamestop. :P

I tried to get a job there in the past. Unfortunately, my I.Q. is too high and I actually know a fare amount about gaming. The store only requires one nerd, everyone has to be idiots so the nerd can actually control them and get work done. It's in the fine print of the application...

I'll see about ordering directly from Nintendo and I'm trying to avoid ebay. Not for the reasons stated above but for the fact that I'm almost out of debt and I don't need temptation right now...

Riana
01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I feel your pain, however I had to cancel my order due to the fact I went on holiday the day I had to pick one up. :(

It's not the end of the world my friend. I'm patiently waiting 'til they're available and I'll guarantee you'll get a better deal as the pressure's on for the PS3. Look at the Xbox 360. I honestly didn't expect that to go down in price but it did.

Isn't there a way you can pay a deposit at a store and that way they can't sell it off to anyone else? I've often done that at Gamestation. :)

Ender
01-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I've been seeing a lot of "Where can I get a Wii?" posts around the net lately. Beyond what has already been posted about pricing strategies, there probably is also a real shortage to some extent. In principle that's a good sign for Nintendo...as long as those waiting for a Wii don't turn to another system instead. IIRC, their initial roll-out was fairly large, much larger than the PS3, and if they're already running low on the supply side I suppose that would be considered a "win" over Sony.

MecaKane
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I try not to support the bastards who buy a few new systems so they can make more money on them online.

Too bad that's exactly what retail stores do. They just buy from wholesalers so it's not as expensive as from people who buy from retailers.

ljkkjlcm9
01-26-2007, 11:56 PM
It does exist! I got it today!

THE JACKEL

tidus_rox
01-28-2007, 08:36 PM
*sigh* I waited 24 hours for this piece of crap and I am very sorry I did so. The Wii sucks, Ninetendo sucks. I just dont see what all the hype is about. I want a PS3 :(:(:(

ljkkjlcm9
01-28-2007, 08:56 PM
*sigh* I waited 24 hours for this piece of crap and I am very sorry I did so. The Wii sucks, Ninetendo sucks. I just dont see what all the hype is about. I want a PS3 :(:(:(

seriously, why do you continue to flame every nintendo topic, especially those about the Wii... stop being a sony fanboy, seriously

The Wii is fun, and if you're not having fun, well I feel sorry for you. I only have one controller and I still have tons of fun with friends

THE JACKEL