PDA

View Full Version : Future Zelda

Ashley Schovitz
01-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Do you think a futuristic style Zelda would be good? I think so It might even be the best. I could think of all the cool gadgets. His primary weapon would be a laser sword, with a shield, but the shield will have the ability to produce a temporary forcefield. Anti-gravity boots would work weell too allowing you to walk up the sides of skyscrapers and such. A Dungeon could be inside a gigantic computer where you're trying to free it of "bugs". A great boss battle would be you fighting against a 20 foot tall structure, not only is the enemy big but it also has the ability to take control over all computer devices. So since the future will probably have computers in everything It will be a tough battle with Cars, trucks, and robots flying at you.
Do you like of the idea?

ljkkjlcm9
01-25-2007, 02:40 AM
I don't think a futureistic zelda would work, but they could easily do the magnets on the wall that you walk up with iron boots and such. I mean they've already done tons of cool new items and stuff in Twilight Princess.

THE JACKEL

Shoeberto
01-25-2007, 02:43 AM
I worked out something a lot like that in my head back in elementary school, actually, and in my mind it worked out a lot. I don't forsee it ever happening, though.

I Took the Red Pill
01-25-2007, 02:47 AM
It could work and they could probably make it pretty fun, but I'd take the traditional style over that any day.

Roto13
01-25-2007, 02:51 AM
I could handle a completely new series like that, that has nothing to do with Zelda whatsoever.

KentaRawr!
01-25-2007, 03:07 AM
Just as long as it stays true enough to the series, I don't have a problem with a futuristic style Zelda. Of course, some may say that I just contradicted myself. :p

NeoCracker
01-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Nah. It would lose part of its charm by dropping the whole Fantasy Setting.

Fatal Impurity
01-25-2007, 06:27 AM
it just wouldnt be zelda if it didnt have annoying fairys, idiotic princesses, and a large fantasy world to explore....but the idea would be good for something unrelated that has simaler elements and a simaler style....

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-25-2007, 10:07 PM
no xD

unless all he does is beat people up and such and less adventuring, but that wouldnt be zelda

Madame Adequate
01-26-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure it wouldn't be Zelda if it were like this. I mean, there was heavy scepticism that RE4 was going to lose something, but even where it did (Puzzles), it ended up being the best and most RE game yet xD

Ouch!
01-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Do you like of the idea?
No.

I could handle a completely new series like that, that has nothing to do with Zelda whatsoever.
Yes.

Rostum
01-26-2007, 02:42 AM
I couldn't see the harm in making a futuristic game that is similar to Zelda. But I'd rather keep Zelda the way it is.

Shlup
01-26-2007, 03:49 AM
Do you like of the idea?
No.

Yes.

Renmiri
01-26-2007, 04:22 AM
I'm with Roto13 on this. New series yes, Zelda changing ? Nooooooooo!

Eiko Guy
01-26-2007, 04:31 AM
change is good I would totally buy a techy zelda game. link should wear glasses it would make him hoticle

XxSephirothxX
01-26-2007, 04:45 AM
The attempt to revitalize an old series by making it "hip" or futuristic and setting it in some flashy sci-fi setting invariably leads to lameness and failure. There are tons of examples, but here's an irrefutable one: Bomberman Act Zero.

NeoCracker
01-26-2007, 06:38 AM
The attempt to revitalize an old series by making it "hip" or futuristic and setting it in some flashy sci-fi setting invariably leads to lameness and failure. There are tons of examples, but here's an irrefutable one: Bomberman Act Zero.

Besides, Zelda's still hip and cool.

Levian
01-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Let's just say I'm glad you're not working for Nintendo, Ashley. :D

Giga Guess
01-26-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm with Roto13 on this. New series yes, Zelda changing ? Nooooooooo!

Captain Maxx Power
01-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I mean it's not like any other game's gone into from a fantasy setting to a futuristic one and ended up selling in large amounts, become one of the most significant games of all time and produce several spin-offs.

ljkkjlcm9
01-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I mean it's not like any other game's gone into from a fantasy setting to a futuristic one and ended up selling in large amounts, become one of the most significant games of all time and produce several spin-offs.

And all this happened because it was highly overrated and there are far too many fanboys of it... and most, if not all of the games before it in the series are better

They could do it, and I'd still buy it, but I prefer my Zelda as it is. I wouldn't mind them adding more cool gadgets, but actually being in a futuristic thing... no.

THE JACKEL

tidus_rox
01-28-2007, 08:32 PM
These games are not even worth being talked about...

Roto13
01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
These games are not even worth being talked about...

I knew you had no taste whatsoever. :P

Ben
01-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Do you like of the idea?
No.

Yes.