PDA

View Full Version : Techniques

Steub
01-25-2007, 02:39 PM
So, aside from steal and poach, anybody find any of the other techniques useful? Useful enough to make a gambit out of it?

Bunny
01-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Telekinesis for Flying battles. If used properly, Sight Unseeing can be a good technique. Libra is the most useful overall. Achilles can be useful sometimes, if used in conjunction with magic. If you are lucky, Charge can be good in tight situations. It rarely failed for me.

Crossblades
01-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Horology and Traveler when facing a group of enemies(Just hope it does a lot of damage when used)

Telekinesis for flying enemies

Souleater for some bosses

Charge for your mage characters

Sight Unseeing if used properly like how Bunny mentioned

Libra to avoid traps in caves

ValiantKnight
01-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Steal
Libra
Charge
Telekinesis

That was about it for me.

oh, 1000 needles until i got telekinesis.

RiseToFall
01-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Libra and Telekineses are the only two that I regularly use. I haven't even tried most of the other ones.

Renmiri
01-25-2007, 05:16 PM
First Aid is a must on a gambit

Ally: HP critical / First Aid - Save you MP and is as fast as potion use

Revive is pretty handy as long as you have it on only one guy out of your 3 active. It does "Arise" (without using MP, much faster) then you use a Phoenix down on the guy who did Revive. Presto: a fully healed character and party complete again.

Horology was pretty handy before I got some decent weapons and strong spells. It works great on flying foes.

1,000 needles packs a punch before you get Telekinesis. 3 active guys doing 3,000 HP damage per turn is a lot more than you get with most weapons and spells before you finish the Pharos. And your MP is kept for healing and Quickenings :D

Addle, Expose, Wither and Souleather can chip out HP of many bosses without eating MP.

I actually chose the "Altar of Magick" to cross the Pharos and went up using only techniques and items, pwning all fiends there.

Dreddz
01-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Libra and Telekineses are the only two that I regularly use.

Renmiri
01-26-2007, 03:23 AM
Here is me beating Zalera using only Techniques (and a mist combo to get his HP knocked down to 75% in the beginning).

Pretty much 1,000 needles and Phoenix Down do the whole pwning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMsYl3ZZQXY

marysonnie
01-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Steal > Libra > Charge > 1,000 Needles > Shades of Black (used with Shear) > Wither > Souleater

I never used Poach, not once. Telekenisis is overrated, First Aid is useless, and the rest I've maybe used a couple of times.

rubah
01-26-2007, 09:50 PM
I liked charge when I first discovered it xD And I just recently started using 1000 needles which is handy for flying enemies, instead of someone just sitting there useless because I don't want to waste mp.

Renmiri
01-26-2007, 09:51 PM
First Aid useless ?!?!?

Never!

It heals almost 1,000 HP at a time (Max HP = 8,000 with bubble) and works as fast as a hi potion, plus there's no limit of 99 potions only.

My favorite gambit after Phoenix Down.

marysonnie
01-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Hmm...well, I used it early on and wasn't impressed; perhaps I should try again now that my characters are around Lv. 60...when I get a break from college, that is ;_;

rubah
02-02-2007, 10:31 PM
This post is to officially vouch for revive's usefulness, especially in a situation where perhaps one character has a bubble belt and perhaps others are in critical condition. Massive gain in hp and it totally saved my hide fighting Zeromus

Renmiri
02-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Aye, Revive rocks!!!

Just be careful not to get Revive on 2 of your guys so that they keep on reviving each other and stop fighting ;)

tempestkitsune
02-03-2007, 12:19 AM
i manly used attakcs on my first file, i only attacked, healed, and used quickenings in boss fights and if the regular enemeis swarmed me and started to kick my @$$ bit , i didn't use black,green,time, dark, and i didn't summon. the only tecnniks i found of use were - steal, libra, and charge.

rubah
02-03-2007, 03:11 AM
green magic is wonderful x.x; shell, protect, faith, and bravery <333333333333333333
time magic has haste and float, arcane magic has bubble, dark, and berserk, and black magic has all those wonderful black magic spells. I can't see how you could stand not using all those!

Crossblades
02-03-2007, 03:59 AM
green magic is wonderful x.x; shell, protect, faith, and bravery <333333333333333333
time magic has haste and float, arcane magic has bubble, dark, and berserk, and black magic has all those wonderful black magic spells. I can't see how you could stand not using all those!

Where do you buy Bravery?

rubah
02-03-2007, 05:02 AM
I'm not sure. I think from the Clan Provisioner in the Bazaar. I just kinda went "OMP BRAVERY *BUY* OMP OMP". I get kinda excited about getting new spells.

hplvr
02-03-2007, 08:59 PM
definatly telekinesis, the only only one i used, i had it on a gambit
and i never used libra, it helped with the traps b4 i got float, then i put float in a gambit for everyone so no one would hit traps