PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Galaxy.

Breine
01-25-2007, 08:00 PM
As a trusty fan of Dark Chronicle, which was a great game, I have pretty eagerly waited for the international release of Rogue Galaxy (which is the newest game from the developers of Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle). Today I was finally able to read a review of the game on gamespot.com, and it got a good review, which was nice to see.

Now, I just don't know if I'm going to buy it or not. I really want to in a way, but I have also just bought Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Final Fantasy XII is being released here in Europe in about a month or so.. So, if I go out and buy it I probably won't be playing it for at least a couple of months..

Anyway, what do you think of Rogue Galaxy? Are you going to buy it?

RiseToFall
01-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Once the price drops a bit, I'll be picking this one up. I still have three games from Christmas that I hardly even played, so there's no rush for me to go out and buy Galaxy. Also, Level 5 is a great company so I know I won't be disappointed.

Dreddz
01-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Damn right im buying this game. Level 5 are my all time favourite developer. This has probably been my most anticipated title since 2005, and by the looks of it, its going to be worth the wait. This game is coming out on the 30th, it'll probably take a few days after as I have to import, fortunately I pre-ordered the game way back, so I should be first in line. I cant stress how excited I am for this title, I really couldnt care for anything else at the moment.

LunarWeaver
01-25-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm buying it the day it comes out :jess:. Even though I have too much to play as it is >;( The story sounds like same ol' same ol', though, which slightly disappoints me as there was all these claims that the plot would be huge and feature lots going on and...not really. Ah well, Level-5 knows how to make a huge and addicting game, and this looks like just that.

JKTrix
01-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I want it. If there's a game I'm looking forward to, even if I probably won't play it, I tend to buy it. But that's because usually when a game disappears from Bermuda, it disappears for good--so I can't get it later.

There's no such things as price drops here.

Rostum
01-25-2007, 10:54 PM
I want this game. It was meant to be released in Europe/Australia in October last year, but it looks like it's been moved up to June or something. Which is a huge bummer, but I can wait.

I'm also still waiting for Xenosaga 3 to get an official release date here. =\

Crossblades
01-26-2007, 12:05 AM
If a Director's Cut gets a US release, I'm getting it

Dreddz
01-26-2007, 12:08 AM
If a Director's Cut gets a US release, I'm getting it

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1008.html

Level 5's critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 RPG Rogue Galaxy is set to hit US retail store shelves later this month. In Japan, however, publisher Sony Computer Entertainment has already announced a director's cut of the popular RPG title. In addition to the five planets featured in the original release, the director's cut will include a sixth planet. Furthermore, a new episode related to the main story plus new enemies, weapons, items, and costumes will be added. The battle system will also receive an update in the form of a new system known as Burning Strike. Level 5 is adding about 1,000 new conversation patterns during Live Talk sequences. Movie scenes will be displayed in higher quality thanks to the game being released on a dual-layer DVD. The mini-game Insectron, as well as the game's balance, are also being enhanced. Note that all of these additions are the same as what was announced for the US version of Rogue Galaxy.
Rogue Galaxy Director's Cut will be available in Japan on March 21st for very affordable 3,980 yen ($33.43 USD).

The directors cut is the US version.

Crossblades
01-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Awesome. Then I'm getting it

Ichimonji
01-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I can't wait for this game. It looks beautiful, the voice cast is great, it seems very fun, and we get all the extra fixuns. I'll be picking this one up when it's released.

Ryth
01-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I've been going crazy with excitement over this game. I want it very badly and I will be getting it. :love:

Jowy
01-27-2007, 04:06 PM
After playing the demo, I just wanted it more. Comes out next week, no?

RiseToFall
01-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, January 30th.

UltimaMasamune
01-28-2007, 09:08 PM
it takes about 2 weeks after the US release for a game to be released where I live *cough*pirated*cough*, and I don't think I will able to live through those two weeks, and since this game is on a dual-layer DVD I can't get it off torrents, I want this game NAO

Zeromus_X
01-28-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm also awaiting this game. I have good expectations of it, especially since it sounds awfully familiar to a certain futuristic real-time action RPG I enjoy greatly...:cat:

Dreddz
01-28-2007, 09:19 PM
it takes about 2 weeks after the US release for a game to be released where I live *cough*pirated*cough*, and I don't think I will able to live through those two weeks, and since this game is on a dual-layer DVD I can't get it off torrents, I want this game NAO

HD Advance 3 can boot Dual layered DVD's.

UltimaMasamune
01-29-2007, 02:26 PM

HD Advance 3 can boot Dual layered DVD's.

I have a slim PS2

NeoCracker
01-29-2007, 08:07 PM
The 30th is the ship date. You won't be able to pick it up until the 31st.

I'm so getting this game. I have the pre-order and everything.

JKTrix
01-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Did anyone here watch 'Boy Meets World' when it was on TV in the US?

The guy who played Eric Matthews (main character's older brother) plays the main character's voice in this game. He's done several other roles as well.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0295115/

Didn't even realize he was Terry 'Batman Beyond' McGinnis. Actually, I didn't care much about that show... but anyway.

The list of English VA's is on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_galaxy#English_Voice_Cast), several of them are quite experienced in the VG/anime dub biz.

Nifleheim7
01-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know when it will be out in Europe?

Necronopticous
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
My friend sent me a free retail copy but I haven't played it yet. Too many other games on my immediate agenda.

Dynast-Kid
02-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I just got it last night. It's really good, but it's also really hard to get a feel for, especially the battle system. But that might be because i'm a hopeless FFXII fanatic...

Speaking of FFXII, Rogue Galaxy is eerily similiar to it. It really makes you wonder.

But anyways, the load times are lightning fast and the voice acting is top-notch. Not the greatest story, but definitely very fun. Nad here's a tip for all of you. Buy as many Ressurections and Heal potions you can, whenever you get the chance! Trust me, you'll need 'em.

LunarWeaver
02-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Speaking of FFXII, Rogue Galaxy is eerily similiar to it. It really makes you wonder.

They do share an awful lot of similarities, although Rogue Galaxy technically was released first. But they were both in production for a long time, so I guess it's really a signal of how RPGs have been headed lately.

My copy still hasn't arrived :yuck: I'm anticipating it a lot, though. I like the Live Talk idea. More games should employ random dialogue between the characters while you're playing. It worked great in games like Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider:Legend, and RPGs should be the ultimate genre for this to happen in.

Dynast-Kid
02-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I like the Live Talk system too, and from what i've heard, they have a wide selection of dialogue.

Don't worry LoonBeaver, i'm sure you'll get your copy soon. It's worth the wait.

Remedy
02-07-2007, 09:21 AM
:: Breine ::

I'll buy it with my eyes closed - because I've tried the taste of Dark Cloud 2 !
but 1st I have to finish FF XII - I know I'm too late .

yes I'll buy it
Level 5 Rock ^ . ^