PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Breine
01-25-2007, 08:29 PM
If there are any Tomb Raider fans on this forum, besides me that is, I'm sure that you are all aware of the fact that they're currently making a remake of the original Tomb Raider game using the engine from Tomb Raider: Legend.

As a long-time fan of the series I'm very much looking forward to this game, and also the 8th game in the series of course. It'll be interesting to see the familiar surroundings and cut scenes completely redone with modern graphics. Anyway, I've found the official trailer for the anniversary game, and it's looking pretty sweet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvVqKjaGj_s

What do you think of them making this game? - and what did you think of the trailer?

LunarWeaver
01-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I loved the first one and I'm pumped about a remake. They couldn't do it before since so many of the sequels were exactly the same as the first one, and then Angel of Darkness made me wear black mascera and write sad poetry. Finally, Legend gives them a reason to remake numero uno. Legend was awesome, and I really look forward to this. I get to kill that T-Rex all over again, le sigh of happy!

Polaris
01-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Well I'd be more happy if Lara's face wouldn't be so male! :( But I love the video... Is it for Ps2 or 3?

Ki Ki
01-25-2007, 08:43 PM
That looks pretty cool!
Except now that the dinosaurs will be scarier I probably won't be able to do that area myself. ;_;

RiseToFall
01-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Over the years I've been lucky with the Tomb Raider Series, playing only 1,2, and Legend. With the success they had with Legend, I don't think Crystal Dynamics will screw this one up.

This one is exclusive to the PS2 and PSP, right?

Shoeberto
01-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I think her face looks fine. Her overall character design is a vast improvement over how she used to be.

Breine
01-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Well I'd be more happy if Lara's face wouldn't be so male! :( But I love the video... Is it for Ps2 or 3?

It's for the PlayStation 2... I don't know if they'll make it for the PSP, though?

Craig
01-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Does this mean its actually gonna be fine this time round?

Breine
01-28-2007, 07:56 PM
For those of you who are interested this link offers some interesting facts on the game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider:_Anniversary

Rainecloud
01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Absolutely awesome; can't wait for this one.