PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my last game...

warriorinformer
01-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Because there has been really no cool computer game (IMHO) since GalCiv2, i have been going ff1 old school with an NES emulator. I have finished about 3 games in 2 weeks. I have been using the awesome FF1 guide but only recently started reading the forums. So I decided that instead of cruising through with 4 fighters like I normally do, that I would push myself.

So I went WW/BW/BW/BW and it was a way different kind of game than I expected. I don't normally use mages much, but I enjoyed the challenge of conserving magic while going through the dungeons. Spells are so expensive! I was strapped for cash the entire game. I did not even buy all lvl 8 spells for my BW's.

I was lvl 37 when I beat the game. That's the highest lvl I had ever been. I had a hell of a time getting through the TOF and past timat and kraken while saving my precious nukes. Fun game.

A have learned so much from all of you. That spells like INVS have a cumulative effect (i wish i had known that for my last game), that Fast is probably the most important spell in the game (other than maybe Exit) about the pravoka peninsular, and FFHackster.

I still have a lot of questions and I look forward to everybody's input. Most of all though, thanks for all the work put into the guide so that people like me can enjoy this game that I played so much as a child (but never beat).

ReloadPsi
01-27-2007, 03:22 AM
While four Fighters make an insanely easy party on the NES version, the DoS and PSX versions are much harder: Well alright, not until you meet the very last boss and suddenly realise you can't keep them alive long enough to do 20,000 damage :p, whereas a mostly mage party on DoS is easier than it would be on the NES due to the game's very different MP balance; on the NES version you need to conserve your spells, but in DoS you just carry lots of Ethers and you're set.

warriorinformer
01-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Is there an emulator that will run DOS?

robfinalfantasy
01-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Is there an emulator that will run DOS?Yes. One of the NESticle versions is a DOS version.

FF1BlackMage14
01-30-2007, 01:29 AM
I think he meant "DoS" as in "Dawn of Souls," not "DOS" the operating system.
Yes, there is a ROM for Dawn of Souls, and an emulator for GameBoy Advance. The specific emulator that I used that I found quite adequate is called "VisualBoyAdvance". So, I'm sure if you put that through some sort of search engine, you should get results.
I have yet to find an emulator/ROM for FFOrigins, however. So, if anything comes up on that...