PDA

View Full Version : Omnillussion?

Northcrest
01-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Well if you've seen the ending of this movie you would know that at the very end there is a technique that Cloud does as where he stabs his 7 swords into the ground then he jumps in the air and turns yellow and does several slashes to Sephiroth. Well a friend and I call it Omnillusion because there is tones of illusions of Cloud and reminds us of Omnislash. So what do you think and would you call it that?

LunarWeaver
01-27-2007, 02:00 AM
The official name for it is "Omnislash Version Five", and I just call it that. Although, I don't think the need for me to actually call it something has ever come up. Well, at least I'm prepared if it does.

vorpal blade
01-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Version five? Where're the other three? I called it Neomnislash (neo+omnislash) once.

Twilight Edge
01-27-2007, 10:04 AM
There are only SIX swords contained in the whole of the First Tsurugi's sword compilation. One is the big ass main blade that can turn wider for battle mode and close for combining, a simple one that fits in the bottom of the main blade, two saw-like blades to fit in both sides of the upper part of the main blade, above the simple blade, and two foldable-handle blades to fit in on either side of the combined saw blades and simple blade, as if to strengthen the hold on the massive weight of the whole combined sword. Here's the pic, it clearly shows SIX swords.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n70/Chaos2-1-3/First%20Tsurugi/FirstTsurugi.jpg
And on topic, yeah, it's called "Omnislash version five". Apparently there are already four previous versions of Omnislash, the first is in-game, some from KH/KHII, and the most recent on AC.

RiseToFall
01-27-2007, 12:36 PM
That must be a bitch to put all those swords together.

"Are we ready to fight?"

"No, Cloud's still trying to connect part C to part D of his sword."

boys from the dwarf
01-27-2007, 05:44 PM
i wouldn't call it an omnillussion because the all of the clouds that hit sephiroth are quite real. not to be a smartass by saying that of course.

its more like just super speed and grabbing the swords while they hover on magic and leaving behind golden magical trails.

neo-omnislash seems about right.

Its hard to describe how the move is done because of how quickly it happens, so omnillussion is a good desription and so are most of the others.

Ryushikaze
01-27-2007, 06:57 PM
And on topic, yeah, it's called "Omnislash version five". Apparently there are already four previous versions of Omnislash, the first is in-game, some from KH/KHII, and the most recent on AC.

Actually, the five versions they refer to are the five versions of the move they were toying with during the making of the movie.

Dragon Mage
01-28-2007, 12:35 AM
This link explains everything about the sword, if you were wondering.

http://www.ff7acmovie.com/articles/ff7ac_reviews_and_analyses/clouds_6_piece_sword_in_ff7ac.html

Twilight Edge
01-28-2007, 06:04 AM

Actually, the five versions they refer to are the five versions of the move they were toying with during the making of the movie.

Toying? I LOL'ed. :jess:

Mercen-X
01-30-2007, 04:45 PM
its more like just super speed and grabbing the swords while they hover on magic and leaving behind golden magical trails.Well, I actually wouldn't suggest that magic was involved at all. The super speed explains well enough how Cloud can get to each sword before it falls to the ground. My only question is "are there different strengths to all of his blades?" Why the hell does he need to keep switching between swords? Is he afraid he's gonna break one?

Actually, the five versions they refer to are the five versions of the move they were toying with during the making of the movie.Well, that's just a ridiculously stupid reason to choose V5 as the name. Obviously, that means that Cloud didn't name it that if he doesn't have three other Omnis to work with because he isn't actually stupid.

Dragon Mage
01-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Mercen-X, go to the link I posted above.
It explains how the whole sword(s) work, how they go together, what types, ect. He needs all those swords simply because some will work better in certain situations and it gives many back-up weapons, that can be pulled out at any time their needed.

Ryushikaze
01-31-2007, 05:54 AM
Well, that's just a ridiculously stupid reason to choose V5 as the name. Obviously, that means that Cloud didn't name it that if he doesn't have three other Omnis to work with because he isn't actually stupid.

The name Omnislash V5 is not a confirmed name, in-universe. It might not have a name in-universe. Or, Cloud might HAVE Omnislashes 2-4 in-universe as well. No one has said that he doesn't. I was mentioning the out of universe reasoning, as stated by the people making the game. Nothing more.

Christmas
01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Cloud morphed into Super Saiyan form.

Mercen-X
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
The name Omnislash V5 is not a confirmed name, in-universe. It might not have a name in-universe. Or, Cloud might HAVE Omnislashes 2-4 in-universe as well. No one has said that he doesn't. I was mentioning the out of universe reasoning, as stated by the people making the game. Nothing more.

And I was nonetheless stating that their reasoning was still stupid if that's all that they could come up with as a name and as an explanation. Basically, if I were in an interview with them, I'd scream "Throw us a bone here!"

Ryushikaze
01-31-2007, 08:26 PM

And I was nonetheless stating that their reasoning was still stupid if that's all that they could come up with as a name and as an explanation. Basically, if I were in an interview with them, I'd scream "Throw us a bone here!"

Why do you assume it was an after the fact naming, instead of- as the creators describe it- the name for one of a series of animations that were being considered during the development of the movie?
It really sounds like you're complaining that the name doesn't sound 'cool' enough, from where I'm sitting.

vorpal blade
02-01-2007, 01:19 AM
Cloud morphed into Super Saiyan form.

No, I think Zack went Sper Saiyan and started calling himself Cloud.

Mercen-X
02-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Why do you assume it was an after the fact naming?
It really sounds like you're complaining that the name doesn't sound 'cool' enough.1. I'm not saying anything about after-the-fact."
2. Maybe I am complaining. A ship call Highwind V5 is acceptable to me. An attack called Dragon Dive V13 isn't. Or whatever else you might call it while adding a version number. It's just lame.

No, I think Zack went Sper Saiyan and started calling himself Cloud.
I like it.

The Crystal
02-03-2007, 07:19 AM
There are only SIX swords contained in the whole of the First Tsurugi's sword compilation.

If i remember well, "First Tsurugi" is just the name of the first sword used by Cloud in the movie. The sword formed by the junction between all of them, don't have an official name.

Twilight Edge
02-03-2007, 09:55 AM
There are only SIX swords contained in the whole of the First Tsurugi's sword compilation.

If i remember well, "First Tsurugi" is just the name of the first sword used by Cloud in the movie. The sword formed by the junction between all of them, don't have an official name.

The sword in a whole(i.e. any sword in the combo) is called the First Tsurugi. It's the blades in it that don't have a name.

Mercen-X
02-04-2007, 12:22 AM
It explains how the whole sword(s) work, how they go together, what types, ect. He needs all those swords simply because some will work better in certain situations and it gives many back-up weapons, that can be pulled out at any time their needed.I know everything there is to know about the swords, thank you, I was asking why he needs to keep switching between during his singular assault on Sephiroth during the V5. The whole idea just strikes me as lame and unnecessary.

Maybe if he had separated his sword to startle Sephiroth (which he did and I suspect it was the original purpose) and started recompiling his sword, that I could understand. But switching between every last sword in his arsenal for no reason just confounds me.

Twilight Edge
02-04-2007, 09:42 AM
It explains how the whole sword(s) work, how they go together, what types, ect. He needs all those swords simply because some will work better in certain situations and it gives many back-up weapons, that can be pulled out at any time their needed.I know everything there is to know about the swords, thank you, I was asking why he needs to keep switching between during his singular assault on Sephiroth during the V5. The whole idea just strikes me as lame and unnecessary.

Maybe if he had separated his sword to startle Sephiroth (which he did and I suspect it was the original purpose) and started recompiling his sword, that I could understand. But switching between every last sword in his arsenal for no reason just confounds me.

Maybe they did it just to make it more visually appealing mon.

Dragon Mage
02-05-2007, 12:22 AM
I know everything there is to know about the swords, thank you, I was asking why he needs to keep switching between during his singular assault on Sephiroth during the V5. The whole idea just strikes me as lame and unnecessary.

Like I said before, some swords are just better suited for certain things. The switchblades are easy to get swords that provide the wielder with another weapon quickly. However, it is small, where the impact blade would be more useful as it is longer. The two serrated blades are used if damage is what you really want, or if you need to disarm your enemy. Every piece of the whole assembled sword is made to be better in certain situations. With each piece that is connected, the sword becomes better. When the sword is complete, the weapon is at it's maximum best, if you will, and is more powerful than any minisword individually. And like you said, this entire aspect of the sword itself gives the wielder the advantadge of surprise, as no one would expect such a thing, and it provides many sword to be used when needed.

Mercen-X
02-06-2007, 04:33 PM
BUT ... WHY ... DOES HE ... SWITCH ... BETWEEN ... ALL ... SIX ... FREAKIN' SWORDS ... DURING ... THE V5????
HE'S ... ATTACKING ... THE SAME ... DAMNED ENEMY REPEATEDLY ... THERE IS NO CHANGE IN SITUATION. THERE IS NO NEED TO SWITCH HIS DAMN WEAPONS. SO WHY ... DOES HE ... DO IT?

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-11-2007, 02:43 AM
Version five? Where're the other three? I called it Neomnislash (neo+omnislash) once.

It's just OmniSlash V5 don't look for 2,3,4... those must have been prototypes

02-11-2007, 02:45 AM
BUT ... WHY ... DOES HE ... SWITCH ... BETWEEN ... ALL ... SIX ... FREAKIN' SWORDS ... DURING ... THE V5????
HE'S ... ATTACKING ... THE SAME ... DAMNED ENEMY REPEATEDLY ... THERE IS NO CHANGE IN SITUATION. THERE IS NO NEED TO SWITCH HIS DAMN WEAPONS. SO WHY ... DOES HE ... DO IT?

He switches for every situation

02-11-2007, 02:53 AM
i wouldn't call it an omnillussion because the all of the clouds that hit sephiroth are quite real. not to be a smartass by saying that of course.

its more like just super speed and grabbing the swords while they hover on magic and leaving behind golden magical trails.

neo-omnislash seems about right.

Its hard to describe how the move is done because of how quickly it happens, so omnillussion is a good desription and so are most of the others.

doesn't every1 remember? Sephiroth did ask Cloud, "Oh, where did youfind this strength?"

DarkLadyNyara
02-12-2007, 03:53 AM

My theory would be because they thought it looked cool. (which it does :D ) I really can't think of an actual logical reason. :rolleyes2

Oh, and a bit of friendly advice for OneWingedAngelSephiroth91- don't double/triple post. Use x-quote if you want to quote multiple people.

vorpal blade
02-12-2007, 10:32 AM
The sword is naught but one giant, badass, Swiss Army Knife.

That pic in Twilight Edge's first post (that shows the swords)... is that Korean?

Twilight Edge
02-12-2007, 10:34 AM
The sword is naught but one giant, badass, Swiss Army Knife.

That pic in Twilight Edge's first post (that shows the swords)... is that Korean?

Yup, it is.

02-20-2007, 02:09 AM

My theory would be because they thought it looked cool. (which it does :D ) I really can't think of an actual logical reason. :rolleyes2

Oh, and a bit of friendly advice for OneWingedAngelSephiroth91- don't double/triple post. Use x-quote if you want to quote multiple people.

thanks.I didn't know that till now...Well, i used it once and I thought it didn't do anything

02-20-2007, 02:17 AM

Well, he does it to do absolute damage

Mercen-X
02-21-2007, 09:19 PM

My theory would be because they thought it looked cool. (which it does :D ) I really can't think of an actual logical reason. :rolleyes2.
Problem is, it doesn't look cool, because it doesn't make any sense. In that universe "how" doesn't matter. But "WHY" still matters a great deal.

BUT ... WHY ... DOES HE ... DO IT?

Well, he does it to do absolute damageBasically, all that you guys have in-head is that it "looked cool." I would like to make you see that it actually doesn't for its lack of reasoning. If he had been reassembling his sword during the attack, he would have looked cool while actually achieving maximum damage.

I guess they just wanted to find some way of shooting Cloud's swords as they stabbed into the ground in a circle (like those hundred keyblades at the end of KH2).

Whatever, I have to put this away now. I will stop caring as of riiiiiight . . . now!!