PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics 2 idea.

feioncastor
01-27-2007, 08:55 AM
I don't recall why the 50 year war started between Ivalice and Ordalia, but if you figure, right after that war ended, Ivalice broke out into a civil war for the throne called the Lion War.

Even though the Fifty Years War was over, I'd imagine that Ordalia still harbored a desire to conquer Ivalice. The Lion War greatly weakened Ivalice, leaving it with a King and Queen, and neither was royalty. Also, the armies of Ivalice were battered. All the soldiers were tired, by this point. On top of that, the whole country was in disarray. The regional governors (Larg, Goltana, Elmdor, Draclau, Barinten, and Funeral) were all dead, and even though Delita rose to power, he probably had difficulty keeping the country in tact.

At that weak point in the history of Ivalice, that point would be the perfect opportunity for a neighboring country to attack Ivalice. A country like Ordalia or Romanda.

I think the conflict resulting from this attack would make an excellent sequel to FFT. While Ramza wouldn't be involved, Delita would be King, and any one else who survived could be in the game. Thinking about it, I'm feeling like prettymuch all the characters died or followed Ramza to the fight with Altima, so it's virtually only Delita. Olan was around. I'm sure some other names from FFT must've been alive by the end. They could be involved in the sequel.

I mostly just wish they'd make another SRPG as awesome as FFT. I suppose FFTA wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't as good. It may have been better if they made it more similar to the first game.

However, I know that if they make a sequel, they'll change the gameplay and interface enough to create a unique system, like with FFTA. What I'd like to see a game with the same job system, but maybe some different jobs. The same ability system, with some new abilities. But not a complete overhaul.

What do you all think?

BG-57
01-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I like the basic idea, but I would want Ramza's followers to survive. Especially Meliadoul; I like the idea of pairing her with Ramza. The other ideas I've had are:

1) Follow Ramza and Alma's adventures abroad in either Romanda or Ordallia. They might very well be in exile if they are no longer mentioned in the official annals of Ivalice or the Brave Story.

2) Follow the Fifty Years War from the perspective of Balbanes and Orlandu, when they were young and in their prime.

Ramza Beoulve
01-28-2007, 05:28 AM
It could also go back in time, and be a prequel, 1200 before the Middle Age, telling us the backstory of St. Ajora and the "Zodiac Braves", or the ones BG mentioned

the_elf
02-19-2007, 08:09 PM
There's no reason why they couldn't say that Ramza was somehow able to tinker with time, and return some time later during Delita's rule. I mean the history doesn't include his name, and the rest off and disappeared. But wouldn't that be a bit jarring for Delita if they all managed to vortex back to present time?

McLovin'
02-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Oh yeah Ramza could use Cloud's device and go back in time. Riiiight. :greenie:

LoKuS
02-20-2007, 12:25 AM
i think a prequel to the game would be awesome.

Elemental Alchemist
02-25-2007, 05:22 AM
Maybe make it so that the stones that weren't really active during the first game, are now mysteriously activated? Then Ramza and companions (assuming he lived) try looking into the matter. Eventually characters you never really got to use, like Ovelia and Olan, become available towards the end of the game.

However, it seems Squenix is sticking to just a regular remake... *sigh*

Here's to hoping they smarten up and make a sequel and/or prequel in the future.

McLovin'
02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
I would love to play as Weigraf, leader of the Death Knights.

To be honest I'd just rather they don't do this "Ivalice Alliance" thing and just make a new Chrono game. :greenie: