PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get Ability Points?

Lionx
01-28-2007, 04:34 AM
Most of the battles i currently fight only give you 1AP per fight...where is a good place to up your ability points in mass?

rubah
01-28-2007, 04:53 AM
world one: jacole cave. Take a black mage and a ninja to throw techs/scrolls to use on those grey skulleaters
world two and three: the basement of val castle (haha jacole cave) take lvl 5 doom and some softs. Although you'll likely end up with a bunch of softs you can use if you do go the lvl 5 doom route. There's only the stone soldiers in there

Paul
01-28-2007, 03:05 PM
in jacole cave you can kill skulleaters using a geomancer, doesn't cost any MP or waste any scrolls.

Lionx
01-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Oh ok good @@ Cuz i was like OOO Skulleater thingies and then i got killed in one hit O_O....that was scary..

Jowy
01-28-2007, 07:01 PM
It's good to have a Ninja or someone with !Throw in the emergency situation where they clone themselves to a group of six though. Otherwise, you're pretty much guaranteed dead.

PuPu
01-28-2007, 07:38 PM
If you are a high level than the Skull Eater, it will most likely run away.

Skull Eaters only have 1HP, but have ridiculously high Defense and Magic Defense. That's why you should use attacks that ignore Defense and Magic Defense such as Throw, 1000 Needles/Blow Fish, X Fight/Sshot, etc.

You can also make four more appear by casting a spell like Fire on one.

Zeromus
01-29-2007, 06:28 AM
It depends on wich part of the game u are...

Near the begining u can get 5 abps from the stupid rabbtis on Jacole cave... a good thing cuz at this point of the game u only get 1 abp, and when u get 2 abps u have to make a party xD...
And later, u can get 100 abps (but only in about 4 battles, I don't remember well) on the Phoenix Tower...
But i think the better place for getting abps is (on third world) in the Cleft of Dimenssion (what a great name!)... u can get there about 5, 7 or 21 abps... and if u are brave... u can train with King Behemoth and obtain 32 or 33 abps! ...but make sure u have a strong party cause if not, King Behemoth can make u cry like a little pink lady...

But how i said... it depends on wich part of the story u are...

Firo Volondé
01-29-2007, 11:16 AM
The final area is the best place to gain ABP. Occasionally, you will encounter Movers, that give 199 ABP when defeated. Don't start until you get the ABP Up Ability from the new classes.

Zeromus
01-29-2007, 05:46 PM
The final area is the best place to gain ABP. Occasionally, you will encounter Movers, that give 199 ABP when defeated. Don't start until you get the ABP Up Ability from the new classes.

Wich version???

aquatius
01-29-2007, 10:32 PM
An alternative way to defeat the Skull Eaters it to have a beastmaster controll them and have them use their special attack on themselves.

Zeromus
01-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I never had problem with the skull eaters... maybe luck, or maybe my party really make them feel fear... but they always escaped from battle when i played the game... =/

Firo Volondé
01-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Wich version???

GBA version only (as far as I know). Too bad if you're playing PS or SNES.

Mavander
02-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Bal Castle is the best place. You change all your party to Ninjas and throw at those statues Thunder Scrolls. They should fall quickly, and if you bought 99 you'll get more than enough to buy another 99. When one of your characters master Ninja, change to other class but attack !Throw. You kan buy Scrolls at Kelb. I've maxed out all my jobs, along with Mimic that way. SNES version.

Crossblades
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Early in the game Jacole Cave is the best place. Whenever I go there, I would master at least 5 jobs there before heading to Galuf's World.

SerenadeDS
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, the best place "I" have found was in the final area before the final boss. Some of those enemies give 20-32 AP if you fight the right enemy. (I think it was Crystal Dragon that gives the most.)

Best I know of.

Mirage
03-05-2007, 04:43 PM
The final dungeon is a nice place, indeed. Another noteworthy area would be the Bal castle basement. There's only one kind of enemy down there, and it's weak vs. Lv5 Doom.

Frostwake
03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
The final dungeon is a nice place, indeed. Another noteworthy area would be the Bal castle basement. There's only one kind of enemy down there, and it's weak vs. Lv5 Doom.

Finally someone mentions it! Its by far the best area until the N-zone... 4-8 AP every battle with a single cast of Lv5 Doom, cant beat that

DarkLadyNyara
03-11-2007, 09:02 AM

*kicks self for not knowing I could Lv.5 death the bastards* :eep:

But yeah, that's a nice place to APB-whore. :D

Light Mage
03-11-2007, 12:38 PM
When you get to the second world, you'll go past a castle that has zombie dragons. It you use the manipulation ability of the Trainer, you can make the dragons use magic on themselves to kill them without them recovering from being manipulated. It only takes about 4 or 5 hits.

When killed, the dragons give you 5AP.

This is on the Playstation vesion, I guess it's the same on other versions too?

Holy Lancer
03-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Just fight Movers in the final dungeon before the Neo Exdeath final battle they give you 199 ABP every time you defeat them. There are three of them with only 10,000 HP each. I find them pretty easy.

The black mage
03-18-2007, 06:33 PM
In world 3 i found that the sea is a good place the eniamies gie 3,7,8,13 Abp And lots of gill