PDA

View Full Version : Was Kain going to jump??? //SPOILERS HERE

Zeromus
01-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey... i always had the doubt... when Kain was on Mt. Ordeals (it was there, isn't it???... i don't remember well...), in the final scenes of the game... And he is going to train and become a better man before coming back, and all that... what was he really going to do???
At the first time, i thought he was going to jump... cause he was so sad for the things he made and for all things that happened, and maybe he was in a kind of depression or something...
What do u guys think???... Was he really going to commit suicide???

Takara
01-29-2007, 01:19 AM
No. Kain may be angsty after what happened, but he's cool. Only un-cool people commit suicide. Cool people learn to deal with whatever life throws at them.

Evastio
01-29-2007, 02:29 AM
In the GBA Version he says he'd go back to Baron once he became a better dragoon than his father.

Back then when I first defeated the game 10 or so years ago I thought Kain set himself on fire on Mt. Ordeals. I mistaken his hair for fire.

Tavrobel
01-29-2007, 02:33 AM
I believe that he says that he will not return, probably out of shame, until he becomes a better Dragoon in general, in the SNES version (yeah the one with the suck translation), similar to Evastio.

Jowy
01-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Of course he's going to jump. He's a dragoon, and that's what they do best!

Zeromus
01-29-2007, 04:31 AM
Yeah... he says he will become a better Dragoon... but my first thought when i saw him there was that he was going to jump...
Anyways... who knows if he was confused and really commited suicide instead of training?... if i wanna train i would go to a better place for training... 'cuz enemies on that mountain wasn't good enough for training... but, if i wanna jump from a great height, maybe i'll go to a mountain!...

lol... don't think i'm thinking on suicide... it's just a way to evaluate the fact that Kain choose the mountain for something more than training.....

hahaha... xD... i knew someone was going to say this!... i was going to write it too... xD...
Anyway... i don't think he could stand that height...

Christmas
01-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Yes

01-29-2007, 05:35 AM
Yeah... he says he will become a better Dragoon... but my first thought when i saw him there was that he was going to jump...
Anyways... who knows if he was confused and really commited suicide instead of training?... if i wanna train i would go to a better place for training... 'cuz enemies on that mountain wasn't good enough for training... but, if i wanna jump from a great height, maybe i'll go to a mountain!...

lol... don't think i'm thinking on suicide... it's just a way to evaluate the fact that Kain choose the mountain for something more than training.....

hahaha... xD... i knew someone was going to say this!... i was going to write it too... xD...
Anyway... i don't think he could stand that height...

My impression from the game was that he went to Mt. Ordeals for the same reason Cecil did. Not to fight random encounters until he leveled up more, but to overcome something dark within himself.

And it's pretty clear in the text that he wants to improve himself which rules out suicide, however you look at it. No idea how anyone could get that impression.

Takara
01-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Back then when I first defeated the game 10 or so years ago I thought Kain set himself on fire on Mt. Ordeals. I mistaken his hair for fire.

:chuckle:

Zeromus
01-29-2007, 06:12 AM
lol xD... yes... the hair catches the eye because u see him with the helmet all the game... i wonder how sweated was him when he took off his helmet being all that time with the helmet on...

And it's pretty clear in the text that he wants to improve himself which rules out suicide, however you look at it. No idea how anyone could get that impression.
Nah... i know that he says clearly he want to become a better dragon... but that was my first impression, when i first saw the image of him there...

Anyway, i would like a little bit of drama at the end of the story... i don't like the cliché "everyone is happy" endings

Tempest
01-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Yes
:whimper:

My impression from the game was that he went to Mt. Ordeals for the same reason Cecil did. Not to fight random encounters until he leveled up more, but to overcome something dark within himself.

That's pretty much what I thought with that scene.

Dr. Acula
01-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Yes

A very in-depth answer there Christmas.

Maybe he considered jumping? I mean, he loved some hoebag (Rosa), but she was already married to some prettyboy (Cecil), who just so happened to be his best friend. It wasn't exactly a happy ending for everyone's favourite Dragoon. So, yes, I think he was going to jump.

Crossblades
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
He wasn't gonna jump. He just vowed not to return to Baron until he became a better Dragoon

Lynx
01-31-2007, 06:49 PM
he doesnt want to return until he can kill cecil and win over rosa ;)

besides even if he did jump its kain he'd live:D

theundeadhero
01-31-2007, 08:14 PM
He went to the mountain because it's dramatic symbolization. Like he's looking over the land, knowing he's about to leave for a very long time, because he wants to soak it in and have a good memory of it.

darksword12
02-04-2007, 07:04 AM
lol xD... yes... the hair catches the eye because u see him with the helmet all the game... i wonder how sweated was him when he took off his helmet being all that time with the helmet on...

Nah... i know that he says clearly he want to become a better dragon... but that was my first impression, when i first saw the image of him there...

Anyway, i would like a little bit of drama at the end of the story... i don't like the cliché "everyone is happy" endings

"Everyone is happy?" Kain's going off on a training journey and Tellah's dead (and Anna, but that's off topic). FuSoYa, who was really cool, and Golbez, Cecil's brother, are going away for a gajillion years in the second moon. Of course the endings happy, but there's still a twist in it. That's plenty of drama, IMO.

Zeromus
02-05-2007, 02:05 AM
But anyways, Square want to "paint it" like everyone is happy...
U can get it by the music they put, the scenes when the world is peaceful, the wedding and coronation of the king and queen of Baron, and all that...
On everygame they try to put things like everyone is happy at the end...
(Anyways, i love Square, don't take me by the wrong side)...

Maybe i should put: Everyone is happy in spite of all the bad things that destiny brought...
And that is more cliché...

Cezanzo
02-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I was thinkin that Kain went there because his mind was taken over by Zemus and stuff, which made him betray his friends (Cecil) and that he thought he was bad and had a darkness in him. So then he went to Mt. Ordeals to become a true dragoon again so everyone wouldnt hate him when he went back to Baron.:choc2:

Or something like that....

Zeromus
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Maybe... he went there cuz Zeromus was still alive and took his mind again!!! o_O!!! ...so he there would plain his evil plan to revenge Cecil and domain the world!...
Oh... we can now wait stupidly the second part of Final Fantasy IV in stores soon!...

¬¬'...
Lol... sorry... just wanted to write it... just thinking of why he chose the mountain...

Anyways, that thing about the place where Cecil becomes a Paladin is a good thought about the reason why Kain chooses this place:

But i think he has no bussiness there... cuz there are no more Meteo to uncover (and besides, he doesn't use black magic), and the are no more lights with father voices to make u forget ur dark past and be a paladin (and besides, he don't wanna be a paladin)...

then what could he find there that could make him a better dragoon but just some forgoten low level monsters???
What do u think he could find on the mountain???
What could a dragon find in Mt.Ordeals???
I know is a non physical thing maybe, but anyways! i still don't get it... there are lots of better places...! the only thing i think is better in that place than in other places for a dragon, is the height...

Takara
02-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Mt. Ordeal is to the people of FFIV what Mecca represents to musulmans. It's a spiritual place. Just because there is no longer any Meteo to unlock or light on top of the mountain to turn their half-lunarian sons into paladins doesn't mean people won't attempt to climb to the summit in the hope that accomplishing the task will help them become better persons.

Am I making any sense here or are the painkillers making me babble?

Zeromus
02-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah... I like that argument!
that maybe gives me some tranquility... =P

But i don't like that mountain xD... there is no forest and no waterfalls with strange forms and no legendary caves, no national reserves, no exotic plants and no animals in extinction danger... =/ ...
What a strange mountain!... it's really hides something...

Lol xD...