PDA

View Full Version : Does the % annoy you, and did you upgrade all spheres?

Shlnsengumi
01-29-2007, 04:08 AM
I remember playing this game a couple years back, and I was personally annoyed about the % thing cause if I missed one scenario, I would be screwed of the extra ending.

Also, with all the different dress spheres, did anyone actually upgrade all of the spheres for all 3 characters? That must've been a long grind!:choc2:

Christmas
01-29-2007, 04:13 AM
I wish my exam results is 100% like my FF X-2's %. :(

The Mog Ninja
01-29-2007, 12:03 PM
i...hated...the...%...dont get me started

Little Blue
01-29-2007, 05:04 PM
99%, in one playthrough, twice... Bloody game...

I only mastered the spheres on their respective garment grids, but even with triple AP, you can pretty much master most of your dress spheres in one game just from all the sidequests. I did very little grinding, other than going from level 92 to 99 once I reached level 80 in the Via Infinito.

LunarWeaver
01-29-2007, 06:39 PM
I like the idea to a point, and it did give you some replay value, but the % was so strict it forced you to use a strategy guide to get 100%. I can't imagine anybody pulling it off without one, though I'm sure somebody somewhere probly has. I wouldn't mind seeing it again if it was handled in a more lenient way, namely where you can't miss something trivial and screw up your entire game just over one small mistake.

robfinalfantasy
01-29-2007, 09:53 PM
It made me feel like I wasn't experiencing FFX-2 at its full potential. Every time I finished the game I wanted to start over just for the sake of getting the leftover percentage. Not a good idea Square. :mad:

Tavrobel
01-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Don't worry, peoples! There's an extra 2.4% points worth of completion left in the game! That doesn't amount to copious amounts of time grinding and questing, getting to 99 worth in Baal runs and Cows taping a stapler to your PS2 controller! And the bonuses are so fruitful, like high runes and personal time with Lekana on WoW and the rest of the EoFF community on Diablo 2 arguing with Manus and Levian about the finer points of Hydrogen fueled cars! And not only that, you have to choose one of the groups in order to get 100% in one game!

Yippee! Hooray! Obey my dog!

Yes, I have maxed all that I can in FFX-2. I still did not make my money back.

Renmiri
01-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I got 97%, 99% and finally 100% to get a measly 2 minutes of Tidus and Yuna in Zanarkand with not even a kiss. I got so mad I never played the cursed thing again!!! :mad:

I did max all dresspheres but Gunner. Cmpleting all the blue bullets was just too much hassle.

Summoner
01-30-2007, 12:29 PM
I haven't even bothered to play through FFX-2 a second time yet. But I can already tell you beforehand that the % is going to bug me. "Oh, whoops, I forgot to take a nap in chapter 4. Wait, what, only 99%!?" And the only dressphere I fully upgraded was Warrior before beaeting the game.

KasaiDraco
01-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I already saw the ending many times on Youtube, but I still would like to actually EARN it with the 100%.

Little Blue
01-30-2007, 01:49 PM
I already saw the ending many times on Youtube, but I still would like to actually EARN it with the 100%.

Me too, but I'd like to earn it in one playthrough. None of that New Game Plus stuff for me, thank you very much.

hplvr
01-30-2007, 07:34 PM
i got all the endings, but it took me 2 tries since i got everything right but i couldnt beat trema
but really the perfect ending isnt that good, not a good reward for getting 100%, its not even in real time
and no i didnt upgrade all the spheres, i will tho

BG-57
01-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I got 99% on the first playthrough, but I mastered all the professions, including Blue Bullets (I like getting all the blue magic). Eventually I plan to return to get at least one of every item and 100%, but I've been sidetracked with Suikoden III at the moment.

What annoyed me most was that the % was displayed as an integer value, when I was actually accumulating fractional completion points. For example, both 75.1%, and 75.9% would be shown as 75%. Would it kill the makers to show the % to the nearest tenth since it was significant? :mad:

hplvr
01-31-2007, 06:02 PM
I got 99% on the first playthrough, but I mastered all the professions, including Blue Bullets (I like getting all the blue magic). Eventually I plan to return to get at least one of every item and 100%, but I've been sidetracked with Suikoden III at the moment.

What annoyed me most was that the % was displayed as an integer value, when I was actually accumulating fractional completion points. For example, both 75.1%, and 75.9% would be shown as 75%. Would it kill the makers to show the % to the nearest tenth since it was significant? :mad:
yeah thats weird, when i got the guide for the game, it randomly had the decimal value, while the whole time i thought it was just 75% of 6% etc.
and i really heat how you have to watch these scenes and you cant skip them or you'll lose percentage, which some of them were realllly long
i also really hate how you have to press certain buttons to get special scnece, like the endings for ex.

jammi567
01-31-2007, 07:00 PM
it is soooo annoying. the most i ever got was 99%, but i hope to get 100% this time.

Hambone
02-01-2007, 12:14 AM
I hate it :(

Yliette
02-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Even with the New Game +, I lost interest in playing the game. Seeing the endings in YouTube that take merely minutes is more worthwhile than playing the entire thing which will take days.

Markus. D
02-19-2007, 10:46 PM
*begins cackling at everyone who doesnt have international + last mission*

Laddy
02-19-2007, 11:28 PM
I didn't like the %. It's annoying and an evil feature, IMO.

Da5nake
02-20-2007, 01:14 PM
lol ........ well when ever you guys get tired of trying then have "fun" buying the strat guide to help out getting 100% ^_^ but i wouldn't recommend it, it ruins the fun. i once got 56% and passed the game that sucks since i missed alot of items and scenes :(

No.78
02-20-2007, 04:16 PM
That's what new game plus is for...

I LIKED it.

Angel_from_hell
02-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I like the "%" thing I think it is fun to try to get 100% and it is fun to see the percents rising when you save your game.

Nominus Experse
03-20-2007, 10:13 AM
I completed every-fucking-thing in this game. I really am not sure if I did this because I enjoy frustrating, agonizing pain, or because... Actually, I can't think of any other reason, and it makes me very, very sad.

The % was something of an interest at first, but seeing that there were scenes and seemingly arbitrary actions to take to gain fractions of a percent that you could never see until it went up a full integer - after that, it became a chore.

Yeah, watching what was going on in random places of Spira for extended periods of time was sure a helluva lot of fun.

Not to mention that the ending of X-2 completely raped the ending and sentiments seen in FFX...

blackmage_nuke
03-20-2007, 10:48 AM
I got 97% 2nd time with guide, then watched the perfect ending on youtube

CloudySky
03-20-2007, 11:04 AM
I remember playing this game a couple years back, and I was personally annoyed about the % thing cause if I missed one scenario, I would be screwed of the extra ending.

Also, with all the different dress spheres, did anyone actually upgrade all of the spheres for all 3 characters? That must've been a long grind!:choc2:

Yup, I did that I upgraded all spheres for all 3 characters and I got 102% after playing through 5 saves+.
That's one of things I like about this game, you can't miss something completely, there is always save+.
And ya it took some time but was worth it!

SammieBabe
03-20-2007, 04:37 PM
I believe the % tally was put there to make anal retentive perefectionists, such as myself, go absolutely batty.

samboo1
04-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes the % is very annoying! Im not determined to get 100%, i cant be bothered lol! Ive been through the game nearly 3 times, the highest ive got is 73%, with a guide too. Theres always something i miss out the guide, and there's a whole lot of things that i cant imagine people getting without a guide, who would think to press X in the farplane scene?!

As for the dresspheres, i only try and max out the useful ones, i have white and black mage, berserker, samurai, dark knight and gun mage maxed at the moment, as i think they are the best.

.:Lion Heart:.
04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
I liked the % thing.. It's fun to see ur % when u save imo..

Not to mention that the ending of X-2 completely raped the ending and sentiments seen in FFX...

but I totally agree with this.. It ruined FFX for me :( . I loved the game though

10-Breaker
05-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Well for me the % thingy is the only reason I play that game... 1 st time when I played I already had 80% now its 96% or sumthing. Keeping some vacation from FFs for awhile.
My problem is to beat that old fart in via purifico 100.

Formalhaut
07-04-2007, 11:57 PM
I think its meant to make you WORK to get 100%

On the other hand, its meant to make you drive insane. :)

cloud21zidane16
07-06-2007, 04:48 PM
I got 97%, 99% and finally 100% to get a measly 2 minutes of Tidus and Yuna in Zanarkand with not even a kiss. I got so mad I never played the cursed thing again!!! :mad:

I did max all dresspheres but Gunner. Cmpleting all the blue bullets was just too much hassle.

thats similar to what i got, its so frustrating considering you only get too see an extra little scene:mad:

Tiamat3710
10-12-2007, 06:08 PM
i hate percentage i did this thing without a guide did all the side missons i possibly could still i miss out on things like
talk to moogle(yuna) at concert
rest in 5 chapters
the whistle thing
the commsphere scenes
the mihen mystery
the gagazet ronso questions
the 10 minite maechean talk
the scenes of people turning into monsters in via purifico
walking through field of flowers press x thingy
losing sphere break tournament
picking up clasko in ch1

these things are so godamm easy to miss or mess up

Dr.M
11-02-2007, 03:22 PM
shamfully i have played this friggen game......wait for it ...... 11 times!!! and im still 99% ...jezz, i suck.

lulusgirl
12-16-2007, 12:04 AM
The percentage made me go crazy once. :D

Markus. D
12-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I liked the percent system.

Followed it without a guide whatsoever.

Mastered all dresses (:\...), I can definetly say my favorite Combo involves anything with some form of Songstress(').

Oh... and I finally managed to take down Major Numerus!11!11!1 without the use of Captured Fiends.

I'm content with what this game provided for me gameplay wise, and perhaps if I understood more Japanese ._.! Storyline (I still enjoyed the non-final mission too).

sleepy_shadow
03-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I've given up on the % thing. Too much hassle, and not enough reward. Tidus should have been a playable character in a 'new game+' after you ressurrect him or whatever. Oh well.
I hate the level cap of 99 too.