PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Texts???

TiDUS.AHOLiC
01-29-2007, 05:57 AM
Hey, i was making banners, icons, etc...and i think again and looked back in my fonts...there are only alittle...so i was thinking can anyone help me look for pretty fonts?like a site?:]]thanks in advance:]]:D

Madonna
01-29-2007, 06:09 AM
http://www.dafont.com/

I hear that is rather popular.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
01-29-2007, 06:10 AM
hey i went to the site and DL some.but like how do i open it to my program? PSP.

Madonna
01-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Install the fonts into your Fonts folder, which lies within your Windows folder. Drag and drop your font files into it, and it should be done automatically.

Your fonts should be usable in any program that uses the Windows Font folder for its texts. This includes Paint Shop Pro.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
01-30-2007, 12:46 AM
drag it into what?:]]will it affect your computer?or is it free?

atlanteay
01-30-2007, 12:50 AM
go to: my computers -> c drive (or whatever drive you're using) -> WINDOWS -> Fonts

drag the fonts you've downloaded from dafont.com into that Fonts folder and then you're set.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
01-30-2007, 01:05 AM
but is it free though?Because i don't want any affection on my laptop:]]

Meat Puppet
01-30-2007, 01:08 AM
I want affection on my lap top.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
01-30-2007, 01:20 AM
can you please copy it every step from your computer?

rubah
01-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Fonts are free unless you pay for them up front.

1) Download a font that you like, save it to your desktop
1.5) The font might be a .zip file. Right click it on your desktop and choose "Extract all". There might be more than one file. you want one that's got a .fon or .ttf at the end of the file name.
2) go to Start-> Run and type C:\Windows\Fonts\ and it will make a window pop up in your font folder. Make it where it doesn't take up the whole screen, click the .fon or .ttf file, don't let go, and drag it into the window, and like magic, it will be installed forever everywhere.

Ways to use the new font you installed: Open Wordpad (or MS Word if you have that) and look for it in your list of fonts and make a pretty story in that font; Open PSP and make some text in your new font; Open the font file and look at it saying "The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over the Lazy Dog" over and over (or something about a jackdaw)

Things your font will do for you: take up very little hard drive space (fonts are very small files! You can download a bunch!); help you make pretty words

Things your font won't do for you: make your computer turn on faster. Fonts actually make this slower, but you need a whole bunch for it to make a big difference. Like Her Majesty's Agent Umaro has a bunch, so his computer takes a long time to load. Like half an hour! Your font won't give you viruses. You shouldn't ever have to open it, so that's why! (Protip; if it doesn't end in .fon or .ttf it might be a virus, but dafont doesn't let people add virusfonts to their site, so you should be safe!)

If you have any questions still, just keep asking!

TiDUS.AHOLiC
01-30-2007, 03:32 AM
it's okay.like i got it already:]]it;s because i had to do it all on my own.mines kinda different.like i had to add new fonts to my font page so yeah:]]thanks for all the help:]]

drgnfireinferno
01-31-2007, 03:53 AM
hey i went to the site and DL some.but like how do i open it to my program? PSP.

When you install them into your fonts folder your programs, like word processors and PSP will automaticly refresh the list of available fonts. t usualy requires a restart of the program though (not your PC). Most dafont fonts are in zip files. You'll have to unzip them before you can install them. Your fonts folder is located at C:\System\Fonts. When opening the folder a option will be added to the File menu, called Install new font(s)... You use that for installing.

Madonna
01-31-2007, 07:13 AM
it's okay.like i got it already:]]it;s because i had to do it all on my own.mines kinda different.like i had to add new fonts to my font page so yeah:]]thanks for all the help:]]Just in case you missed the part where she figured things out on her own.