PDA

View Full Version : Help me with a Decision. Or just recommend some DS games

Crossblades
01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm getting my paycheck this week and with it I plan to purchase two DS games. One of the games I was thinking of purchasing is Yoshi's Island DS. I also want to get FF III, but I really don't want to add another RPG until I beat either XII, V Advance, or get bored of XI. I might get Metroid Prime Hunters as well, but I don't really know if the game is good or not. This also applies for Star Fox Command. What DS games should I get?

Aemilius Blight
01-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Castlevania everything.

Bunny
01-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Horsez (http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=180240) and Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja (http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=180268)!!

Phoenix Write: Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright: Justice For All

JKTrix
01-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Hotel Dusk and Elite Beat Agents if you don't have it already.

Hotel Dusk is like Phoenix Wright, but it's different (better? waiting for my game to get to me...). Metroid and Starfox are ok, but if you can *only* buy 2 games, they should be quite a bit lower on your list.

My top 2 reccomendations would be Elite Beat Agents and Hotel Dusk, but other high-ranking choices:

Castlevania x2
Phoenix Wright x2

Crossblades
01-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Phoenix Wright x2

What is it about the Phoenix Wright games that receives so much praise?

JKTrix
01-30-2007, 03:49 AM
If you can deal with the fact that it's a lot of reading, the writing of the story is very good and often funny. It uses some logic to solve the puzzles, and I actually get an adrenaline rush at every high-tension 'OBJECTION' exchange.

Between the 2 games, there is some continuity in the background storylines, but they are generally standalone games. They will refer to events that happened in the past, but you should be able to get by if you can only get the newer one. They're actually ports of GBA games that were only released in Japan. The DS version of the 1st game includes a whole new case that uses the DS's features more effectively, and the soon-to-be-released-in-Japan 4th game is made specifically for the DS. I'm really looking forward to that one.

They are great, entertaining and quite fulfilling games. It's been called "The Perfect Bathroom Game" by many, if you're the type who Gameboys in the bathroom.

Jowy
01-30-2007, 04:24 AM
Phoenix Wright x2

What is it about the Phoenix Wright games that receives so much praise?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/psycho_mantis/ani-edgeworth-finger-tap.gif

Him, pretty much. ;)

ValkyrieWing
01-30-2007, 04:49 AM
EBA, Hotel Dusk, Phoenix Wright, and probably MarioKart.

JKTrix
01-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Don't get me wrong: Metroid, Starfox, Yoshi, FF3 etc are all good games. There are some games, that should be considered Staples of the DS lineup, that you should get first (like the ones I mentioned).

If you buy the good but not-so-established games (like Phoenix Wright when it came out), it lets the people know that consumers like it, and want it. It would encourage them to make more--which is why we have Phoenix Wright 2 now. People didn't buy Okami, and that company is disbanded now.

I like to praise good games that may usually go unnoticed. Phoenix Wright has had tremendous word-of-mouth going for it. Hotel Dusk is picking up some buzz too. And Elite Beat Agents is pure awesome--both in regards to the game itself and to how it got here (the import fans demanded it!).

Final Fantasy will sell. Anything to do with Mario will sell. We don't have to worry about those going away. But if I have an English version of Phoenix Wright revoked because of poor sales, I would object to that.

NINJA_Ryu
01-31-2007, 01:32 AM
But JKtrix, I cannot find Phoenix Wright! The first one!

Where can i get it? On the same place that you had the last links on?

Jowy
01-31-2007, 01:42 AM
The original got re-released about a month ago, so check various locations where you'd look for video games. ;)

escobert
01-31-2007, 02:53 AM
So far I have Both Castlvania games, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Children of Mana, and Final Fantasy III. I'd say get III! It's awsome and I REALLY enjoy playing it. It's like playign a good ol' NES FF but with better graphics :D

Kenji Longaway
01-31-2007, 02:58 AM
Go with the Belmont clan, my son.

Momiji
01-31-2007, 03:05 AM
Get all of the Castlevania games, and Trauma Center: Under the Knife.

JKTrix
01-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Save Trauma Center for a Wii (Hint: You need a Wii :P) It's great either way, but I greatly prefer the Wii version. Tool selection is much more intuitive. Part of the DS game's difficulty comes from having to select the tools and do whatever you're doing very fast. The Wii version has some extra scenarios with a different character as well.

About Phoenix Wright, if you can't find it there, you can buy Gyakuten Saiban: Mask Vision Murder Case (click) (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-9g-77-2-49-en-15-gyakuten-84-j-70-1bpr.html). If you're gonna get that, you might as well order Gyakuten Saiban 2 (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-9g-77-1-49-en-15-gyakuten-84-j-70-1iyq.html). Those are the Japanese versions of Phoenix Wright--and they have the English Language option. I personally own 'Gyakuten Saiban 2'. Plus, if you click that link, you'll notice they're $30 (as opposed to $50), because they are old GBA games in Japan and that's the 'Best Price', kinda like Greatest Hits.

There are a few more games I can reccomend you getting if you're going to that site (Jump Ultimate Stars, Bleach DS 2nd, Ouendan.......), but you'll quickly run out of money. Keep in mind this place is in HOng Kong, so if you want to get it here fast you may have to pay like $20-30 more by UPS/FedEx if you're getting DS games.

lufia
01-31-2007, 03:50 PM
i just finished pheonix wright 1 and it took so long to beat. its one of my favourites, its a excellent game and original. do whatever you can to get your hands on it... ebay, murder, rape u name it

tho i do think elite beat agents is better imo

Strider
01-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Beyond most of the games that've already been mentioned, Megaman ZX is worth a pickup, too, I think.

Dreddz
01-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Get FFIII and Hotel Dusk. Those are the next DS games Im buying, havent bought a DS game for like.....a year?