PDA

View Full Version : Does MSN show the persons that block you?

Peter_20
01-29-2007, 04:43 PM
I'd like to block a particular person, because she obviously keeps writing to me, and I don't really like her anymore; however, I don't wanna make her feel bad because she "might notice that I've blocked her", so can I block her without her knowing it?

Craig
01-29-2007, 04:46 PM
If you block her, she won't know that she's blocked. You'll just seem offline to her. She'll probably think you're dead or something though.

Cruise Control
01-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Why would you care? Your blocking her for a reason.

Sergeant Hartman
01-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Block away!

Bunny
01-29-2007, 05:25 PM
When you block someone, it sends them an email telling them that such an event has occured. It also gives them your address, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Little Blue
01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes, you can block her and she won't notice a thing. As has already been said, you just won't appear online. Just hope that she does not start emailing you incessantly, or pm'ing you if you're on the same forums.

Also, I heard that there is a mod that people can install on their msn to show up if someone is blocking you, so hope she doesn't have that either :p

Craig
01-29-2007, 05:47 PM
You've got every right to block this person, as she's a guy anyway. There are no girls on the internet.

Rostum
01-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I always make a point of letting the person know I've blocked them. :D

Roto13
01-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Unless she's retarded, she'll eventually notice when you stop showing up online.

o_O
01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Also, I heard that there is a mod that people can install on their msn to show up if someone is blocking you, so hope she doesn't have that either :p

You used to be able to query the MSN servers to get lists of who has blocked you, but they shut that down a couple of years ago.

Now, the only way to find if somebody has blocked you is to find an online service that will tell you if a particular person is online. If the person is online, but not on your contact list, they've blocked you. :p

Leeza
02-01-2007, 01:59 AM
When you block someone, it sends them an email telling them that such an event has occured. It also gives them your address, phone number, and the best time to reach you.
This is the Help Forum and as such deserves legitimate respones. Do not confuse this forum with General Chat in the least. Think of it as Eyes on Each Other and give it the same respect.