PDA

View Full Version : Scarface on the Wii!

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Scarface is going to be released on the Wii this summer!:) I never got the chance to play it because I sold my PS2 to Gamestop and I gave away my X-Box to my nephew. So I'm going to pick up the Wii version.

RiseToFall
01-29-2007, 07:18 PM
I really doubt that I'm going to be getting this game. Though if I did, it probably wouldn't be on the Wii. Unless of course, you're able to do a line of coke with the Wii mote.

Dreddz
01-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Scarface sucked on last gen consoles, it'll likely suck on the Wii also.

Erdrick Holmes
01-29-2007, 09:30 PM
GTA clones tend to suck.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-30-2007, 03:42 AM
Scarface sucked on last gen consoles, it'll likely suck on the Wii also.

GTA clones tend to suck.

Scarface must be good if it was the best-selling game in October 2006.

RiseToFall
01-30-2007, 03:44 AM
That's because all the gangster wannabes went out and bought it. It doesn't mean it's a good game though. Look at 50 Cent: Bulletproof, it sold over a million copies yet the game is complete :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Jowy
01-30-2007, 03:46 AM
REHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH.

Meat Puppet
01-30-2007, 04:10 AM
I didn’t like Scarface the game at all. I tried my best to overlook the way it completely twisted the 1983 film it is based on, but... I still found it horrible & uncomfortable. The cars were tough, though.

But who knows, John_912. Perhaps you’ll like it more than I did. If you’re really hellbent on getting this game, don’t let a demented whore such as myself put you off it.

JKTrix
01-30-2007, 12:39 PM
It was the brand name that sold this game, not the quality. All these mainstream gamers, the ones who buy millions of copies of Madden and a few GTAs, went nuts when they saw Scarface. The movie is an icon of pop culture, and it has influenced a heck of a lot of people. It didn't matter how bad the game actually was.

I guess it's nice to see them taking notice of the Wii, though. Maybe this will bring in some of those mainstream folks, then they'll get their hands on Zelda or something and have their horizons broadened.

Erdrick Holmes
01-30-2007, 04:21 PM

This 'omg best sellar' crap most of time doesn't mean jack. If you copy a crappy game then you only end up with a crappy game. GTA Vice City was the worst game ever made yet it sold better than anything in 2003, so every other game company out there decides to copy this crap because they know idiots and fanboys will buy it.

Dreddz
01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Crap games still sell, especially when Scarface is splashed across the cover.

Eiko Guy
01-31-2007, 12:08 AM
GTA clones only suck because they can't completely copy GTA

Roto13
01-31-2007, 12:41 AM
Remember Enter the Matrix?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-31-2007, 05:27 AM
Scarface on the Wii might suck but at least it's a mature game...The Big N had a major lack of mature games on the GameCube last generation and it was one of the many reasons why the Cube was despised and/or ignored.

Roto13
01-31-2007, 02:20 PM
That was a stupid reason for stupid people, though. The lack of 3rd party support and online play and stuff was why otherwise-intelligent people ignored it.

"Mature" people are mature enough to know that sex, drugs, and violence are often a distraction from a really :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty game.

Yew-Yevon
02-02-2007, 06:26 PM

This 'omg best sellar' crap most of time doesn't mean jack. If you copy a crappy game then you only end up with a crappy game. GTA Vice City was the worst game ever made yet it sold better than anything in 2003, so every other game company out there decides to copy this crap because they know idiots and fanboys will buy it.

That all dipends on what you referto as crap :p

Markus. D
02-05-2007, 04:34 AM
Remember Enter the Matrix?

The only movie game I loved.

And well the only worthy Matrix game.

ewww path of neo was awful. it was like Kingdom Hearts but in continuous slow motion >_>