PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Eternia or Breath of Fire III

The Shoeless Hobo
01-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Which game would you recommended for me to buy over the other on PSP?

NeoCracker
01-30-2007, 10:10 AM
I can assure you BoF III is worth it. Can't say anything about the Tales Game, but BoF III is definately a worthwhile game.

Craig
01-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah man, Breath of Fire III is awesome, whos this other clown?

The Mog Ninja
01-30-2007, 11:58 AM
i havent liked BoF from what ive played of it or what ive thought i have played it as in i dunno if ive ACTUALLY played it, but i didnt really like it, and tales of eternia looks good so it has my vote

JKTrix
01-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Oy, the 'Tales' series is the 3rd most popular RPG in Japan (apparently).

I would go with Tales of Eternia (http://www.gamebrink.com/playstation-portable/1193-Tales_of_Eternia-reviews.html).

Breath of Fire is an OK/Safe series, but you may find more immediate enjoyment in Tales.

Europe gets all the PSP RPGs...

Bunny
01-30-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Tales Of series, having only played Tales of Symphonia and a bit of Tales of Phantasia, so I recommend Breath of Fire III. The series as a whole, with the expection of maybe Dragon Quarter, is a wonderful experience.

Crossblades
01-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Tales of Eternia is the better game. I just couldn't enjoy BoF III. But eventually I'll give it another chance. Besides, BoF IV is tons better than III

Jowy
01-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Buy Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. ;)

I'd go with Breath of Fire III out of the two listed though. Still want to track down a PS1 copy and actually play through the damn game.

Aemilius Blight
01-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Buy a DS

edczxcvbnm
01-30-2007, 04:19 PM
I have played and beaten both games on the Playstation(I still own them both as well). Both are good games so you can't really go wrong. The combat systems are day and night though.

Breath of Fire III uses the traditional turn based combat system.

Tales of Eternia uses the Linear battle system(kind of like a 2D fighter...I guess).

Read reviews online to find out more about how both battle system work.

RiseToFall
01-30-2007, 05:53 PM
I own both of these games (the PS1 versions) and I can tell you that I enjoyed Tales of Eternia much more than Breath of Fire 3. They are both good though, it's just one is superior to the other.

Madame Adequate
01-30-2007, 10:28 PM
BoF3 is, without question, a classic of the PS1 era. Get it.

Vermachtnis
01-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Tales of Eternia is my personal favorite Tales of game. It has the best character of all time, MAX! It also adds a lot of personality to the Summons (Craymels) that is missing from a lot of games. The Craymal Fringe system is fun and mixing and matching the craymels to gain skills destriputed among the two Craymal Mages really makes you think.

Zeromus_X
01-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Buy Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. ;)

Pretty much.

But of these two, I'd recommend Tales of Eternia.

I didn't know it was even released on the PSP in English.

black orb
01-31-2007, 03:35 AM
>>> Tales..

Dr. Acula
01-31-2007, 09:42 AM
BoF III is on PSP, you say? It's official... I'm getting a PSP for my birthday.

Black Mage
02-02-2007, 04:43 AM
Well, I truly never thought I would be asking such a question, but does anyone know of an importer that has European games (Most notably Breath of Fire III and Tales of Eternia) and ships to the US? I've had little luck thus far, as Amazon.co.uk does not ship outside of Europe, and many of the more well known importers, such as Play-Asia do not stock PAL games.

Anyone have any suggestions?

As far as which game to get, I would definitely recommend both. Don't miss out on either experience. I would, with a heavy heart, recommend Breath of Fire III slightly over Tales of Eternia.

The Shoeless Hobo
02-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Well, I truly never thought I would be asking such a question, but does anyone know of an importer that has European games (Most notably Breath of Fire III and Tales of Eternia) and ships to the US? I've had little luck thus far, as Amazon.co.uk does not ship outside of Europe, and many of the more well known importers, such as Play-Asia do not stock PAL games.

I could arrange something with you, you pay me via paypal and ill post the games to you or something.

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Breath of Fire III, it's the best game in the series and has the best dragon system. It's story is probably the best (Though I am partial to Dragon Quarter's story)

The Tales games are fun but I've never been blown away by their stories or characters. I've played a few of them, but I honestly couldn't tell you anything about the characters or story cause they never left a real lasting impression for me.