PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this Little Chocobo that is due to MATING SEASON?

Christmas
01-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Missing: One Senior Site Staff/Adminstrator/Chocobo

Update by: :kaoclove: Kyono.:kaoclove: Yesterday at 03:52 PM.

At EoFF, we, the Site Staff, are dedicated to not only bringing you all of the most up to date news regarding Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and the Mistwalker games, we are also dedicated to giving you the most comprehensive guide to every single one of these games. We feel we've done a pretty good job, too. However, work has slowed to a crawl recently, and this all comes back to one same reason.

I...I don't know how to break this to you people but...Loony BoB <---- :shoot: has gone missing. We can't find him. He could be face down in the back of an alley somewhere in downtown Edinburgh, or even worse, he COULD be somewhere like Wolverhampton. Or Rhyll. I don't know. None of us know. And without him here to head our team and organize everything, we're falling to pieces. SamuraiD has disappeared into a pit of despair somewhere, FlyingMullet has fallen back into his old ways and started hitting the bottle again; he can't even tell the difference between FFVI and FFVIII anymore. I've never seen him this bad. theundeadhero recently made a return to the Site Staff forum after an absence, and well...the state of things hit him really hard. You have to remember, guys, he left at a point when the Site Staff were at the peak of their powers. He returned to find our beloved leader gone and the place looking like Iraq. He was so distraught he killed a man and we had to send him to the foreign legion so he didn't get sent down for life. We won't see our dear friend again for a long time because of this.

Azar and Strider have convinced themselves that it's not really happening and that BoB <--- :skull: is still with us, they've built a Chocobo out of yellow towels, kiwi feathers and various Eyes on Final Fantasy members hair and have "meetings" where they sit and talk to this abominable creation to try and discuss the future of the Dirge of Cerberus section. The only person who is apparently unaffected by this is Spatvark...now, we all know what Pete is like. There have been whispers that he's the reason behind BoB's <--- :quina: disappearance, the rage that has consumed him for years finally got the better of him and he took it out on sweet little Towns. Of course, in public he gruffly denies this and pledges his allegiance, but you never know with that one.

As for myself? I miss my Townsy-wownsy <---:kaofight2: . The comforting arm around the shoulder whenever updating gets too hard, the little smile to let me know everything is okay...I can't function properly anymore. A broken man. EoFF without Loony BoB <--- :down: itself is broken. It's incomplete, like someone has taken the Mona Lisa and cut her nose off.

And so, we cry out to you, gentle public. Please help us, as a service for us and for yourselves. Any information you can give us about Loony BoB's <--- :barf: whereabouts, any leads, anything. Help us find him and bring EoFF back to glory! You can join the forums and PM us Site Staffers with knowledge of his whereabouts, or e-mail me with my address here with any information you may have. He was last seen somewhere around forum member fire_of_avalon's house enquiring if she might give him some of her hair to add to his collection.

Please, anything you know might solve the case. Eyes on Final Fantasy thanks you!

http://www.loonybob.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/milkcarton.png

Anyway, who here actually go check up the frontsite to see if anything interesting is going on? :bigsmile:

Ki Ki
01-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Ooh me me! I did! :jokey:
He's probably getting married and having little chocobo babies! n____n

Bunny
01-30-2007, 02:43 PM
There's a front site?

Aemilius Blight
01-30-2007, 02:51 PM
It would probably mean more to me if I knew who Looney BoB was, but ok.

EDIT: No I do not check the frontsite.

Christmas
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
It would probably mean more to me if I knew who Looney BoB was, but ok.

Page Group: Members
LoonyBoB Recent Changes

Printable View

Page History

Edit Page

Name: Daniel Peter Towns
DOB: 4th March, 1984
Location of Birth: Auckland, New Zealand
Location of Residence: Edinburgh, Scotland

Biography
BoB, something like the 208th EoFF UBB member, joined EoFF exactly one month before Kishi and slowly began posting up to the point where he had 14 posts, at which point he complained about how the chocobo avatar (as seen above) was too cool and the next-level avatar (as avatars were levelled at the time) was too sucky. Shortly after, the avatar level system was changed so that as you have more posts, more avatars are available however you can continue to use the avatars you used in the past. BoB was happy and continued to post. BoB has never changed his avatar since the day he joined back in August 2000 and it has become his trademark.

Thee first people that BoB got to know at EoFF include...

Gilgamesh? - First person BoB noticed.
Coach? - First person to say his screenname right (ie, BoB and not Bob).
Lilly Rinoa Landois? - First person BoB sent a private message to.
Thorn? - First person BoB had an in-thread conversation with that lasted more than a couple of posts.
Robb - First person to make a thread title 'Loony BoB' (at least five such threads have since existed).

Robb was probably the most important of those members when it comes to BoB's growth into the world of EoFF, as that thread contained a picture of a 'sheep shagging sign' - it turns out Robb was Australian who had recently joined EoFF and decided to poke fun at EoFF's (possibly first?) New Zealander. Robb and BoB later emailed each other and then met up on Yahoo! Messenger a few times, eventually working on their healthy Trans-Tasman rivalry and becoming a great pair of friends. Later, BoB and Robb noticed a couple of girls at EoFF by the names of Selphie (now Wishing Star? and Sapphire? (I can't remember what she was called at the time, mind you). The four of them, along with Ashi and Squally Leonharty who also joined the group shortly after (Squally was 'adopted' into the group after emailing some of them asking if it would be okay to be friends. Good times!), formed a group that is now fondly referred to by BoB as 'The Originals', as in the original group of friends that began his strong friendships with many other EoFFers. And so began BoB's life in the world of Eyes on Final Fantasy.

One month after getting to know Emma (an English girl previously mentioned as Wishing Star) and calling her once or twice, she developed a bit of a crush on him and, on Boxing Day of 2000, BoB chatted to her (he tried to call but couldn't for some reason) and they began their first online relationship, which would later lead to BoB's first taste of 'real' love. The relationship lasted all of 7-8 months and then they broke up (a few times, but that's another story altogether) and BoB eventually moved on, having a two-day 'relationship' with Ashi and moving on from her too. Oh, yeah. During his relationship with Emma, BoB had his first offline meeting with an online friend. He met Jewels? and Sakura Yume? (although I'm quite sure Sakura Yume was not registered at EoFF at that time) along with another of their friends (who would also later register as something to do with jellybabies or jellybeans but never stuck around to become a prominent member). He also met Rinoabella? during his second offline meetup-thing (Rinoabella and Wishing Star were the first two EoFFers BoB called on the phone, although he doesn't remember which he called first).

Later in 2001, BoB was browsing EoFF at school and noticed that a member called 'Thorn' was also browsing - a name he had not seen for over a year, but a name he recognised. He sent her a PM asking if she was the same Thorn he once got to know in a couple of threads when he first joined - she was. Eventually the two of them would hit it off, and this would lead to his longest online relationship and also the first involving a girl he actually (eventually) met in person. Soon after this relationship started, BoB's Yahoo! account was hacked into by Emma and her offline friends, who impersonated BoB and tried to break him up with Stefanie (Thorn), hook him up with Jewels all while telling most other online friends of BoB that he was gay (poor Halan took it rather seriously). BoB's next EoFF-based relationship was with Miriamel?, which lasted a few months. He then spent a voluntary year being single so he could take his time and wait for the right girl to show up. He then went on to begin a relationship with Shorty, which ended in an unfortunate way, although they are still friends. As of 13th May 2006, BoB has been dating with girlfriend smittenkitten. Finally, one in his own country, for the first time in over eight years!

Known for coming up with a lot of ideas for EoFF and taking on these ideas (and those of others). The first two major projects BoB took on (in 2001) were the EoFF World Map and the Ciddies. Both of these projects were hugely successful and the World Map is still updated on a very irregular basis and the Ciddies are still run twice a year, the most recent Ciddies in late 2004 breaking all sorts of participation records, thanks to BoB and the Ciddies Committee. BoB has also been a member of various election groups, being in order: The Rulers? (run by edczxcvbnm), the Phucking Party? (run by BoB), the Reformed Newbie Party (run by Nait?), The victorious Newbie Party and the defending champions, the #eoff party (run by BoB).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Information

Is not married to Jojo
Loony BoB lives in Matt's closet, and has yet to leave it.
Enjoys having creepy photographs taken with his girlfriends.
BoB and Halan have an inside-joke of sorts going on, where they steal each others 'j'. BoB can't remember where this started but he's pretty sure it had something to do with Halan's real name.
BoB enjoys phonecalls, and has spoken on the phone with around 75 members of Eyes on Final Fantasy, often on multiple (if not dozens or even hundreds) of occasions. His longest phonecall is to smittenkitten, which lasted 13 hours.
It was around March 2002 that BoB was Knighted by Britt, and since then he has become the most active staff member (well, the most active member full stop ) in EoFF. BoB was promoted to Administrator some time in 2004.
BoB is also host of Aiyon, omgmyhat, Team exDee and tGA. Other boards that BoB has started up include Something?, LJForums? and Eyes off Final Fantasy.
Offline friends and family of BoB registered at EoFF (at some point): Raven1073? (friend), Calliope (friend) ms_devli? (cousin), Tweety_Ch1ck? (sister), Mum? (mother), driftwood_? (friend), Nandor? (friend) and Loony_JosH? (stepbrother).
Other EoFF members BoB has met in person include: Jewels (multiple times), Sakura Yume (multiple times), Rinoabella, Thorn, Miriamel (multiple times), Wyllius, ShlupQuack, ButThePoncho?, Cid, Sean's Wife?, Nino Brown?, Hanbun Heikin?, TheAbominatrix, The Man, Profiles/Tenderness~?, Majin (multiple times), Squally Leonharty, Lenna (flatmate for three months after having a meetup), Thingfish?, smittenkitten (multiple times), Squinn (multiple times) and Shauna.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little boasting by BoB

Okay, I'm gonna be egotistical and edit my own profile with a list of things that you all owe me money for.

Starting and maintaining the current EoFF Site Staff layout.
Starting and maintaining the EoFF World Map
Coming up with the idea of having an EoFF community for FF News (cross posted from the frontsite).
Coming up with the idea of RSS feeding the news to save the EoFF News Reporters the hassle.
Deciding that we should be rennovating the EoFF FanArt gallery. This is a project yet to be completed and is being worked on by Samuraid.
Helping Cid with server moves and finding half-decent hosts. I think he found the decent one by himself.
Reinventing the EoFF Awards as the Ciddies.
The official EoFF Family Tree.
The Feedback Forum.
The Eizon Project (inspired by Agent Proto).
Many useless satistics.
Running the ChatStats (which used to be run by Aexoden)
Pictures of scantily clad women being accidentally posted into the Staff Forum.
Chatroom Awareness More Than A Week
Various (sometimes victorious!) election parties.
Newbie Day
WikiEoFF!

However, I could never have done all of the above without the help of Britt, Agent Proto, Tiffiekins?, Samuraid and the rest of the EoFF Site Staff. And Cid... I suppose. -Loony BoB

Quotes about BoB

BoB always sends songs to you if you ask, and he's nice. One of his only faults is his NAUGHTY CALANDER!
-Rye

BoB is a git.
-Award Guy, during multiple Ciddies events.

What hasn't BoB done for EoFF during his time here? Whether it be being a member of Site Staff, taking on the role of Award Guy, or managing countless competitions and festivities at EoFF, BoB is loved by almost all of the EoFF community. An eternal newbie, BoB has always been an advocate of newbie rights, and can almost always be found licking and "doop doop"ing at #eoff.
-Kirobaito

The heart and soul of these forums, a top notch fellow through and through. This place would not thrive as it does without your dedication and commitment. We all owe you so very much. Take care of yourself.
-The Captain

BoB is my Wiggle-Puff and I am his Sunshine and together we skip through wildflowers singing songs from Broadway musicals.
-Spaceman Spiff

BoB is my dad.
-fire_of_avalon

Towns smells like one of those car air fresheners that are shaped like a Tree. He's also a level 81 Champion. Silly kiwi.
-Majin

Mary BoBBiNs is a great guy, very much loved by EoFF and he deserves it! Putting effort into everything he can and always succeeding with an outstanding result of input from fellow members. I admire him for his contribution to EoFF. Not only is he a good Administrator, he is also a great person to talk to with a brilliant and humorous personality, even though he claims to be serious sometimes (but fails :P).
-Lenna

Gawd, I haven't added anything yet? Boy, must be getting sluggish. Anyways, I love you BoB! You were the one who convinced me to stay, and for that I'm grateful And by the way, you're only two years older than me! I never knew. You always seemed to be fruitful of knowledge and wisdom beyond your years. O right, gotta add something useful. Yeah, BoB likes Chocobos, I'm sure.
-Maxx

She has the dungeon, I have the dragon. ;D
-Loony BoB

Awards won:

Ciddies:

Best Administrator — End of Year 2006 Ciddies
Cutest Couple (with smittenkitten) — End of Year 2006 Ciddies
Best Member — Mid-Year 2006 Ciddies
Best Administrator — Mid-Year 2006 Ciddies
Most Helpful Member — Mid-Year 2006 Ciddies
MLT Be Wile E. Coyote — Mid-Year 2006 Ciddies
Best Member — End of Year 2005 Ciddies
Best Male — End of Year 2005 Ciddies
Best Administrator — End of Year 2005 Ciddies
Most Helpful Member — End of Year 2005 Ciddies
MLT Be Mr. Burns — End of Year 2005 Ciddies
Best Member — Mid-Year 2005 Ciddies
Best Administrator — Mid-Year 2005 Ciddies
Cutest Male — Mid-Year 2005 Ciddies
Cutest Couple (with Shorty) — Mid-Year 2005 Ciddies
MLT Be driving the bus — Mid-Year 2005 Ciddies
Best Member — End of Year 2004 Ciddies
Best Administrator — End of Year 2004 Ciddies
Most Helpful Member — End of Year 2004 Ciddies
Best Male — June 2004 Ciddies
Best Cid's Knight — June 2004 Ciddies
Best Member — Ciddies V (2003)
Best Male — Ciddies V (2003)
Sexiest Male — Ciddies V (2003)
Most Productive Member — Ciddies V (2003)
MLT Be Bribing Award Guy for a Ciddie — Ciddies V (2003)
Best Cid's Knight — June 2003 Ciddies
Sexiest Male — June 2003 Ciddies
Most Social Member — June 2003 Ciddies
Most Productive Member — June 2003 Ciddies
Cutest Couple (with Miriamel?) — June 2003 Ciddies
MLT Go Insane, Should EoFF Disappear — June 2003 Ciddies
MLT Get Together (with ShlupQuack) — June 2003 Ciddies
Best Male — End of Year 2002 Ciddies
Most Productive Member — End of Year 2002 Ciddies
MLT Go insane, should EoFF disappear — End of Year 2002 Ciddies
MLT Post themselves to another country — End of Year 2002 Ciddies
Most Productive Member — Mid-Year 2002 Ciddies
Cutest Couple (with Etienne?) — Mid-Year 2002 Ciddies
Spend hours looking for their watch while wearing it — Mid-Year 2002 Ciddies
Best Spammer — End of Year 2001 Ciddies
Most Productive Member — End of Year 2001 Ciddies
MLT Become a Cid's Knight — End of Year 2001 Ciddies

Multi-ciddies: (as of End of Year 2006 Ciddies)

5 time Best Administrator
5 time Best Member
5 time Most Productive Member
4 time Best Male
4 time Cutest Couple (with at least 3 different partners)
3 time Most Helpful Member
2 time Best Cid's Knight
2 time Sexiest Male
2 time MLT Go Insane, Should EoFF Disappear

41-Inches-Wide
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
o_O nooo way.
I've always though Loony BoB made the concept behind Google Earth. I unno. He looks nerdy enough. And because of this thought, he can't be lost, nu-uh!

Cz
01-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I always come to the forums via the frontsite for some reason. Just a habit, I guess.

And no, I haven't seen BoB; unless you're talking about those awful topless pictures of his. :yuck:

Owen Macwere
01-30-2007, 03:51 PM
There's a front site?

You are so far behind, you know? there's also a Back site where people meet secretly. :jokey:

Mirage
01-30-2007, 04:02 PM
There's more than the forum and chatroom?

Captain Maxx Power
01-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Has anyone asked mum yet?

Bunny
01-30-2007, 05:21 PM
There's a front site?

You are so far behind, you know? there's also a Back site where people meet secretly. :jokey:

Actually, quite the opposite. I entertain so much knowledge on the Final Fantasy series as a whole that I do not need trivial information that the front site provides. "News"? Hardly, I knew about it before it was released (I have an uncle who knows a guy who is the brother of a friend who works for Square, you see.) All information pretaining to the series that you see on the front site was co-written by me. The authors do not know about it though.

I am a muse.

Owen Macwere
01-30-2007, 05:33 PM
There's a front site?

Actually, quite the opposite. I entertain so much knowledge on the Final Fantasy series as a whole that I do not need trivial information that the front site provides. "News"? Hardly, I knew about it before it was released (I have an uncle who knows a guy who is the brother of a friend who works for Square, you see.) All information pretaining to the series that you see on the front site was co-written by me. The authors do not know about it though.

I am a muse.

I am shocked that a brother of a friend who knows your uncle would provide such important and top secret information about any FF series. I thought these were CLASSIFIED BY THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!.

NeoCracker
01-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I just get the info by threatening the Government.

And I check the frontsite when I come in. Have to make sure it matches up with my top secret files.

Vikeve
01-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I do... but ive been coming way more for the forums lately.

Rocket Edge
01-30-2007, 08:13 PM
I do indeed.

escobert
01-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I wish we still had levels here. :( that was awsome. and no I don't check the front site.

Renmiri
01-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Never did check the front site. I like the forums better.

Come back Loony Bob, we miss you!!!!

Tavrobel
01-30-2007, 09:05 PM
I rarely check the frontsite, and no, Samuraid and Roogle are fully capable of running the ship without BoB. As long as ShlupQuack and Raistlin are nearby, the oldbie love antics will never die out.

Madame Adequate
01-30-2007, 09:10 PM

There's more than this forum?

(Actually I did know about other places but they are all parochial backwaters which nobody of consequence ever goes to :jess:)

And, I have not seen Towns :(

oddler
01-30-2007, 09:12 PM
I come to the fora through the front site, so yes. :p

Roto13
01-30-2007, 09:29 PM
The top members are disappearing. First RSL, then Kishi, then BoB...

Oh, wait, BoB posted yesterday. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=2079236#post2079236)

McLovin'
01-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Who's got Ghysal Greens?

XxSephirothxX
01-30-2007, 10:08 PM
The top members are disappearing. First RSL, then Kishi, then BoB...

Oh, wait, BoB posted yesterday. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=2079236#post2079236)
Lies and deceit.

Also,

There's a front site?
I hate you,

and you,

There's more than this forum?

(Actually I did know about other places but they are all parochial backwaters which nobody of consequence ever goes to :jess:)

And, I have not seen Towns :(
and you. :mad2: :( I am super cereal.

mooglebunni608
01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
I saw it and went "Wtf? O_O"

NeoCracker
01-30-2007, 10:12 PM
If I remember correctly BoB's post came up shortly after the announcement too.

Roto13
01-30-2007, 10:23 PM
He wasn't really missing before that (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=2076135#post2076135) either.

Bunny
01-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Also,

There's a front site?
I hate you,

Aw, honey, I was just kidding. =(

KentaRawr!
01-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Indeed, I did see that on the front site.

But, if it's mating season, perhaps that's why he's missing.

Psychotic
01-30-2007, 11:40 PM
It would probably mean more to me if I knew who Looney BoB was, but ok.I love you. And if you don't know who I am then I think I want to marry you and produce your babies.

Only when Dan tells me to.

Hambone
01-30-2007, 11:43 PM
It was Manus!

rubah
01-31-2007, 12:23 AM
There's a front site?

I am a muse.
perhaps you would like to work for the front site 8)

Fun fact: a new link to the front site (there is one at the bottom of forum pages) was recently added to the community drop down!

Dr. Acula
01-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Yes, I did read the announcement on the frontsite, and I think Manus is guilty as charged.

Jess
01-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Dan made me look at the frontsite. If he didn't, I wouldn't have seen it. :jess:

Quindiana Jones
01-31-2007, 07:17 PM
That Manus is a right bastard.

No I do not.

Bunny
01-31-2007, 07:23 PM
There's a front site?

I am a muse.
perhaps you would like to work for the front site 8)

Intriguing. What sort of benefits are we talking about here? Dental? Medical? Operatical?

Quindiana Jones
01-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Just the ability to be a jackass with a yellow title, is all.

Owen Macwere
01-31-2007, 07:51 PM
I want a yellow title too. :(

Quindiana Jones
01-31-2007, 07:54 PM
I want a pink one. Just as long as it doesn't say BANNED.

Loony BoB
02-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Don't worry guys, I'm just planning my retirement and easing my way out of Eyes on Final Fantasy forever.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-02-2007, 09:37 AM
:O :choc:

KentaRawr!
02-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Don't worry guys, I'm just planning my retirement and easing my way out of Eyes on Final Fantasy forever.

When you join EoFF, you stay with EoFF 'til the end. Otherwise, we will force the end to be upon you for this code to be honored.

theundeadhero
02-02-2007, 11:03 AM
The SS title is orange, motherfuckers. RM is the yellow title that gives special abilities.

Kamiko
02-04-2007, 10:58 PM
He's just a yellow chocobo, he couldn't have gone far.
It's not as if he's a blue one... or a black one...
Oh god, why!?!?!

Agrias
02-05-2007, 01:16 AM

*explodes out of utter sadness*:kaocry2: